Why Do We Have A Contingent In Our Community Who Don't Believe They're African

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I don't think African-Americans think that Africa is a country....but the way some posters are speaking about it in this thread makes it seem like it does.

"Africa has never done anything for Black people in this country"

There are 47 countries in Africa....why don't you specifically name the one's you're referring to instead of making broad generalizations?
Because not many AfroAmericans know which country they originated from including me

I plan to look into it someday.

Nonetheless a United Africa wouldn't be a bad thing imo.

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
Because not many AfroAmericans know which country they originated from

It's not a matter of knowing what country you specifically originated from....the countries that were involved in the slave trade are known. From there you can distinguish which one of those countries have and have not done anything for Blacks in America.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I don't think African-Americans think that Africa is a country....but the way some posters are speaking about it in this thread makes it seem like it does.

"Africa has never done anything for Black people in this country"

There are 47 countries in Africa....why don't you specifically name the one's you're referring to instead of making broad generalizations?
All 47 of them

I mean really. What has any single country in Africa done for American blacks?

The title of the thread is why do people deny....

Who's denying we all came from Africa originally? Nobody I ever met. shyt even white people are figuring out that EVERYONE came from Africa

But for some reason this has turned into. Get the research done, and find out your origin, and Africa is better. And that's your real home

Really?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
You can get a visa if you get a job and I don't see Ghana Turning away doctors dentists Engineers etc. who said you needed to give up your citizenship or even a perm resident? You got an American education and passport. That's all very valuable.
Again. A lot of "you can just" but have you tried? Has anyone you know actually pulled this off?

How many doctors and dentists and engineers do you believe we have on the Coli?

How many of those want to say fukk american money and move to Ghana where they have no girl, no family, no friends, no history, no knowledge of the land and basically just alone and destitute in a foreign land?

Why is it while we sit here, talking about go back home.... Why is there a long list of Africans literally DYING to get here?

Cause they want our opportunity. They want to go to our schools. They want to raise their children here. They want to be in America.

The world talks sooooo much shyt about how bad it is here and this and that. Then by the millions, they come here every year and risk money, jail and actual life to try and stay to make it here

I'm going to go to Africa one day. I'm gonna kiss that ground and shake hands and see as much as I can.

But hell no I'm not trying to move there. Not now. Not ever. And not a single one of you in here is either. Stop lying to us and stop lying to yourselves.

None of y'all's african visa paperwork is at the office right now. NONE OF YALL

I'll go one step farther. I bet none of yall even got paperwork at an agency to research your bloodline. Nooooooone of you. Not one

Practice what yall are preaching

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Lol it's my culture. Black people have a culture outside Africa. Jamaicans, black Brazilians. Black Cubans, Haitians etc all have their own culture.

Culture: the beliefs, customs, arts, etc., of a particular society, group, place, or time

You live in Amerikkka, who's culture you have conformed to based out of European origins.......

You don't get it breh. The "culture" outside of Africa is a configured one, with bits and pieces of your true ORIGINAL culture added on.........

You just young and clueless breh. Everyone's culture originates with where they come from, not where they're at.......Black Brazilians,Black Cubans,Haitians, all have a european/african mix of culture, but that's not your culture.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
This trend of threads shytting on black Americans is getting tired.
Africans and blacks from other countries on here need to chill out:wtb:

I been noticing it too. Been going on for like 2 months now. I know we got problems but some of the stuff they say has me:dahell:

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
maybe because "africa" is a latin word that came from romans who conquered parts of the continent. No one ever called themselves "africans" because there are many different tribes and ethnic groups living on the continent. Calling yourself african is ignorant and meaningless. I know my lineage and its not "african".

Stop it...Its more to it than that......you all showing you need to go study some more:

"The Name Africa is of African Origins from the Egyptian Word "Afru-ika" or 'Motherland."

Scipio Africanus was the Roman General...The name signifies that the person named himself After Africa. One thing is certain, Greek and Latin have Egyptian linguistic influences although both are Indo-European languages. Besides, the term "Indo" comes from "India," the word "India" came from the Arabs, who pointed out that Kush, a son of Ham had two sons, "Hind," and "Sind." Hind of Kush established a culture in India, Sind of Kush established a culture in the Arabian region. Nimrod established in parts of Mesopotamia."

BlaKcMoney

Hijo Del Ray
Daps
Stop it...Its more to it than that......you all showing you need to go study some more:

"The Name Africa is of African Origins from the Egyptian Word "Afru-ika" or 'Motherland."

Scipio Africanus was the Roman General...The name signifies that the person named himself After Africa. One thing is certain, Greek and Latin have Egyptian linguistic influences although both are Indo-European languages. Besides, the term "Indo" comes from "India," the word "India" came from the Arabs, who pointed out that Kush, a son of Ham had two sons, "Hind," and "Sind." Hind of Kush established a culture in India, Sind of Kush established a culture in the Arabian region. Nimrod established in parts of Mesopotamia."

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=Africa
Africa
Latin Africa (terra) "African land, Libya, the Carthaginian territory," fem. of Africus, from Afer "an African." Originally only in reference to the region around modern Tunisia, it gradually was extended to the whole continent. Derivation from Arabic afar "dust, earth" is tempting, but the early date seems to argue against it. The Middle English word was Affrike.

cite your source.

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
Again. A lot of "you can just" but have you tried? Has anyone you know actually pulled this off?

How many doctors and dentists and engineers do you believe we have on the Coli?

How many of those want to say fukk american money and move to Ghana where they have no girl, no family, no friends, no history, no knowledge of the land and basically just alone and destitute in a foreign land?

Why is it while we sit here, talking about go back home.... Why is there a long list of Africans literally DYING to get here?

Cause they want our opportunity. They want to go to our schools. They want to raise their children here. They want to be in America.

The world talks sooooo much shyt about how bad it is here and this and that. Then by the millions, they come here every year and risk money, jail and actual life to try and stay to make it here

I'm going to go to Africa one day. I'm gonna kiss that ground and shake hands and see as much as I can.

But hell no I'm not trying to move there. Not now. Not ever. And not a single one of you in here is either. Stop lying to us and stop lying to yourselves.

None of y'all's african visa paperwork is at the office right now. NONE OF YALL

I'll go one step farther. I bet none of yall even got paperwork at an agency to research your bloodline. Nooooooone of you. Not one

Practice what yall are preaching

I answered your question dude. It wasn't a dare.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
These type of threads never end well. They usually devolve into a war between Africans and African americans...filled with hostility, resentment, and extreme misunderstandings.

I'm African...and was born in america. And I have no desire to claim a country that was built off of the dehunanization and enslavement of my people.

#fukkAMERICA