why do so many people on this forum think PC GAMING = PLAYING AT A DESK WITH A MONITOR?

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
This is easy to answer.

It's simply because this forum is really full of casual gamers and the idea of building and maintaining a desktop while easy crosses that line.

Same reason why some view Android as this intimidating operating system.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
1. games since like 2012 ? 2011 ? automatically optimize to your computer parts when you 1st load the game

2. theirs more issues on consoles with games not loading than on PC. "My assassin creed wont load on my PS4 what do I do :mjcry: " :camby:
Breh ain't no way you finna tell me this is not the case. I been PC gaming on and off for YEARS. I have a PC with a RX480 in it, and while it's nothing for me to tinker with it, the shyt is NOT as carefree as my ps4 (which sits right beside it)
So much shyt can go wrong. Anti cheat devices getting triggered by some non gaming app you installed...frame rate glitches/stutter troubleshooting..figuring out best resolution to run at..etc.
Assassins creed is a TERRIBLE example as Ubi is known for their shytty PC ports. So while that PS4 issue will be resolved with a patch (which is automatically downloaded and installed, not always the case for PC games) you will be stuck with that shytty port issues for likely ever

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I imagine since Ikea furniture can be easy to put together in 2017, anyone who decides not to is just a person who can't do it?
Don't tell me we got grown men that can't assemble no furniture now
i71GmPqC.png

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
it's an old stereotype:yeshrug: everyone gets hit by a stereotype. I imagine the average person thinks of this when they think PC gaming

south-park-s10e08c05-the-slaughter-16x9.jpg
latest

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I find it hilarious y'all try to act like the shyt is just super simple with no challenges.

Most people can barely use google. Building/maintaining a gaming PC is well beyond the skill level and desire of most people(even if it is "simple" for those of us that know how to do it)
:picard:

I'm not even exaggerating...you LITERALLY can't put something where it's not supposed to go when building a PC.

It REALLY is that simple

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Breh ain't no way you finna tell me this is not the case. I been PC gaming on and off for YEARS. I have a PC with a RX480 in it, and while it's nothing for me to tinker with it, the shyt is NOT as carefree as my ps4 (which sits right beside it)
So much shyt can go wrong. Anti cheat devices getting triggered by some non gaming app you installed...frame rate glitches/stutter troubleshooting..figuring out best resolution to run at..etc.
Assassins creed is a TERRIBLE example as Ubi is known for their shytty PC ports. So while that PS4 issue will be resolved with a patch (which is automatically downloaded and installed, not always the case for PC games) you will be stuck with that shytty port issues for likely ever
These sound like user errors to me

Anti cheat devices going off due to shyt running in the back ground :laff:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Don't tell me we got grown men that can't assemble no furniture now
i71GmPqC.png
:ohhh:These nikkas really just having everything go over their heads.

Wow.

Furniture construction is easy.

Modifying computers is easy.

And replacing a tire is easy.

Y'all happy?

Now... It still isn't as convenient as not having to do it.

This should be a simple concept.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:picard:

I'm not even exaggerating...you LITERALLY can't put something where it's not supposed to go when building a PC.

It REALLY is that simple
idk about you but I plugged my GPU into the CPU socket and BOOM, my shyt essploded.