why do so many people on this forum think PC GAMING = PLAYING AT A DESK WITH A MONITOR?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Folks just need to admit that they're dumb.

I just find it hilarious that console players try to make building/maintain PCs into some complicated hassle :laff:

One fool compared it to fixing up cars :laff:

The mental gymnastics is real, and so is the inferiority complex :heh:
someone doesn't understand ANALOGIES :snoop:

what has been said is, people don't want to have to open up their pc's and do ANYTHING!!! same way people don't want to open up their car and do ANYTHING!!!

yes some people know that all you gotta do is go to pcpartpicker.com and it's idiot proof... then you screw in some shyt and plug in some wires, load drivers and OP, and tah dahhh.... but what YOU seem to be missing is, changing your oil or wiper blades is pretty fukking easy too... don't mean joe blow is about to get under his car with a drip pan when he can go to walmart

everyone knows you're not back there soldering every component.. just like i said build a car, doesn't mean i'm screwing in the nuts and bolts to the door... still, people simply don't want to do the shyt... no matter how easy it is.. they'd rather overpay for the shyt out the store and call it a day

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You sure your friend's or the randoms aren't like me and you just don't know they're on PC? If you come in my crib and I have a controller in my hand, you'll have no clue if I'm on Xbox, PC, or PS4 unless it's an exclusive game or I go to 'Home' screen of whichever I'm on.

I'd know after a few mins of watching the screen if they were playing on PC, not only that I know how they all have they stuff set up. The random's... I mean its possible but I think its much farther inbetween that people are playing on pc from there entertainment system.

most people? where or how did you conduct this census?

I mean its kinda common sense, most pc's are at peoples desk. Even if you add in laptops most people aren't making those gaming rigs. They might play the sims or some F2p games on it but its far from a gaming machine.

I don't thinks its a big deal I just can't recall in recent memory of going to someones how and them playing or even having a pc setup on the entertainment system.

• Dap
Reactions: B86

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd know after a few mins of watching the screen if they were playing on PC, not only that I know how they all have they stuff set up. The random's... I mean its possible but I think its much farther inbetween that people are playing on pc from there entertainment system.

I mean its kinda common sense, most pc's are at peoples desk. Even if you add in laptops most people aren't making those gaming rigs. They might play the sims or some F2p games on it but its far from a gaming machine.

I don't thinks its a big deal I just can't recall in recent memory of going to someones how and them playing or even having a pc setup on the entertainment system.
once again I ask where do you get this census?

most people don't having gaming laptops? I'm typing as I'm on a gaming laptop right now, guess what... I'm not at a desk.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
in reality, nearly all PC gamers play on a desk and monitor because that's the default position. What's next, why do people think PC gaming is playing with a mouse and keyboard? dumbass question
do you not know a lot of people on this forum think you can only play pc on a desk with a mouse and keyboard.

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
Monitors are killing TVs in terms of gaming. Nothing beats the lack of input lag and screen tearing. That's what's killing gaming on TVs for me. I've had over a year of gaming on a 1080p 144hz G-Sync display and it was wonderful. I have no transitioned to 1440p 165hz G-Sync IPS panel and good lord is it even better.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Dead ass, building a rig in 2017 is no more difficult than putting together a big ass Lego set. Bu then again its some adults that cant even do that properly so it is what it is.
It's a matter of perspective, breh. I can build a computer blindfolded, but there are legit people, young people even, that look at this IT shyt like translating Russian. It's just not for some people. Luckily, that makes them pay people like me. Some people are cut out to rifle through shyt filled pipes, so we pay plumbers to do that.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
It's not really the building part that's hard or annoying. For many, tinkering with getting the best settings or dealing with a game that won't launch is the biggest issue.

1. games since like 2012 ? 2011 ? automatically optimize to your computer parts when you 1st load the game

2. theirs more issues on consoles with games not loading than on PC. "My assassin creed wont load on my PS4 what do I do :mjcry: " :camby:

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
It doesn't have to be that way but it seems most PC gamers play that way.

I don't/won't/can't play any multiplayer games on PC for that reason. Majority of people have a g-whatever monitor a precision mouse, and whatever else y'all use and I don't stand a chance.

As much as I game on PC, I still prefer console. Just a better more relaxed experience overall.
nikkas be cheating on pc too lol

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
That's what's wrong with this world now...people don't know how and don't want to know how to do shyt but sit on the internet and be fake. nikkas won't even use a basic Phillips head screwdriver. You remind me of that Home Depot article where the manager was scared for the future because it's known that millenials don't know shyt about shyt.

3rd time saying recently but yall nikkas spend your entire day on forums and social media but are gaining no knowledge of anything technical or anything else. In the time it takes yall clowns to scroll through your timeline and then record a video on FB Live, you literally could have built a PC.

Just tell the truth and say you have no technical skills. Building a PC is damn near like that game for infants/toddlers where the put the shapes into the correct holes...that's how easy it is and how slow some of yall are. I'll be damned if I use a computer every day of my life but don't know that bytch in and out and know how to fix it, if needed. And that goes for anything I use damn near daily in life, besides maybe a vehicle.
Jesus :laff:

Man aint lying though. It's damn near impossible to put something where it's not supposed to go when building a PC.

The hardest part about building a PC is maintaining your budget when it's time to upgrade

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I imagine since Ikea furniture can be easy to put together in 2017, anyone who decides not to is just a person who can't do it?

Brehs really think nikkas are lower iq or something.

It goes down to preference and what my closest friends are doing.

I don't know how many times I've said it on this forum but how can people forget that many console gamers are part today circles of friends who they play with...

So regardless how fukking easy modifying a console is...now you're telling me it'll be easy to convert them over?

fukk is this? WakeUpNow?

nikkas are tripping. Many people could give a off about PC's yesterday...today...and tomorrow.:mjlol:

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jesus :laff:

Man aint lying though. It's damn near impossible to put something where it's not supposed to go when building a PC.

The hardest part about building a PC is maintaining your budget when it's time to upgrade
tbh its tricky if you have a tricky casing, some parts on my pc unless you have the hands of an Asian woman you can't getting your fingers into