why do so many people on this forum think PC GAMING = PLAYING AT A DESK WITH A MONITOR?

SupremexKing

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC/DOHA
Most don't.

Most don't even think that's the biggest issue.

What do most actually think?

That no matter how easy you tell us replacing the GPU on the HAL 2000 is...we don't want to ever fukking worry about taking screwdriver to our entertainment device and inspector gadget-ing our shyt to put new fans, CPUs, gpus, motherboards, and other shyt.

Just let me breath and let the game developer worry themselves to optimize the game for me...

I. Don't. Want... To worry about optimization on my side.

Period.

------

And again, more respect to y'all who don't mind.
bro just say you're lazy and get it over with.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its no way yall playing games competitively online with pc's on those 50 plus inch tv's.

The display lag drives me insane on just platformers and thats on game mode. I can only imagine playing fps, fighters or anything like that.

Rout3r2035

Superstar
Daps
PC gaming is the fukking WOAT and PC gamers are disingenuous as hell as this thread demonstrates. :mjlol:

The biggest lie is that PC gaming is more affordable... bullshyt. I can buy a console day 1 for $400 that is GUARANTEED to play every game at an acceptable quality for its lifespan, and by mid-gen that price is often halved. Even "low-end" PCs seem to run $400-$600 and can't handle most full-spec new releases and need to be upgraded every 2-4 years. Now most PC dudes know this and so will drop $1000ish off GP for a "future proofing" of a couple more years. Paying that much extra for largely resolution feature and the scant indie is NOT "hard core" (another outrageously phony label PC gamers like to attach to themselves :mjlol: ). Meanwhile these same nikkas will be :mjcry: when a Super Mario Odyssey or Bloodborne comes out talmbout "I hope there's a PC port" lmao :umad:

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
PC is GOAT because of keyboard and mouse.

Graphics don't really matter to actual gamers. It's just a taking point for some.

Before I got in to PC, I always prefer the console with the better controller.

Super Nintendo controller over that 3 button controller Sega Genesis

N64 over the the first gen ps controller without dual analog sucks

Xbox s over dual shock

360 controller over that PS3 controller

Xbox one over the PS4 controller.

And now keyboard and mouse over everything future, present, and past.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
PC is GOAT because of keyboard and mouse.

Graphics don't really matter to actual gamers. It's just a taking point for some.

Before I got in to PC, I always prefer the console with the better controller.

Super Nintendo controller over that 3 button controller Sega Genesis

N64 over the the first gen ps controller without dual analog sucks

Xbox s over dual shock

360 controller over that PS3 controller

Xbox one over the PS4 controller.

And now keyboard and mouse over everything future, present, and past.

:patrice:

Sounds like you are a salty Sony hater (hating all 4 PS controllers :leostare: ) and got mad that Larrybox ain't shyt so you moved on to PC Gaming :mjpls:
0f84509fa331c82315450fa554962118.png

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
PC gaming is the fukking WOAT and PC gamers are disingenuous as hell as this thread demonstrates. :mjlol:

The biggest lie is that PC gaming is more affordable... bullshyt. I can buy a console day 1 for $400 that is GUARANTEED to play every game at an acceptable quality for its lifespan, and by mid-gen that price is often halved. Even "low-end" PCs seem to run $400-$600 and can't handle most full-spec new releases and need to be upgraded every 2-4 years. Now most PC dudes know this and so will drop $1000ish off GP for a "future proofing" of a couple more years. Paying that much extra for largely resolution feature and the scant indie is NOT "hard core" (another outrageously phony label PC gamers like to attach to themselves :mjlol: ). Meanwhile these same nikkas will be :mjcry: when a Super Mario Odyssey or Bloodborne comes out talmbout "I hope there's a PC port" lmao :umad:
This isn't true. You can just Youtube some GPU's from 2012 that still run games at 1080P with better performance than a PS4/XB1 at 1080P.

A GTX 670 and a I5 3750 still running fine.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Every year I say I wanna build a gaming pc and every year I get paralysis by analysis. I start to overthink things.

I mostly play FPS and I know lag is a big deal so the monitor has to be on point (smaller is better)... I think? Then you have to play with a mouse to be good.. I think? I’d prefer a big monitor, like a tv and a controller instead of a mouse.

The main reason I cling to my console is I know for the most part everyone is using the same setup. People drop stacks for gaming pc’s. If it’s an arms race for performance it ain’t that serious to me.

:whoa: If I’m wrong, it’s cool. Tell me why.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This isn't true. You can just Youtube some GPU's from 2012 that still run games at 1080P with better performance than a PS4/XB1 at 1080P.

A GTX 670 and a I5 3750 still running fine.

A GTX 670 cost $400 itself at launch:comeon:

I have a 660 which I paid ~$200 for and I desperately need to upgrade it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
In this thread as usual the PC stans present the two conflicting narratives of PCs being cheap and easy to use.

Can't have both at the same time.

If you seek out to buy/build a budget PC it's gonna take a decent amount of research, bargain hunting, tweaking, optimizing, troubleshooting, etc.

You can spend a lot of money on hardware and not have to worry about a lot of that stuff.

For the majority of people, it's not worth the time or money when you can get an Xbox/PS4 plus a couple games for less than $200

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A GTX 670 cost $400 itself at launch:comeon:

I have a 660 which I paid ~$200 for and I desperately need to upgrade it.
and?
It's still capable of running games on par/better than a PS4 or XB1.
:dahell:

You don't NEED to upgrade your GPU. What games doesn't run on a GTX 670 today?