Why do so many blacks care about Arab causes like Palestine when most Arabs think we aint shyt?

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How many Africans really care about these Arab causes really. The Palestinian issue is just acknowledged but it has never reached the level that decolonization struggles and dismantling apartheid did back in the day. Israel has diplomatic relations with Egypt and the vast majority of Sub Saharan African countries except the Maghreb and Sahel countries like Niger, Mauratania etc. It is a topic of discussion and Palestine is recognized by most African countries but I don't see how it can even be classified as some sort of huge cause that Africa takes up.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
this is a bit of a misleading idea.

I lived in Palestine for a while as a student in the West Bank and I can say with confidence that Palestinians are some of the least racist people out there--I'd hesitate to even say that they have an ounce of racism against blacks, because I certainly didn't see any signs of it. I can guarantee you that ANY of you could walk in any Palestine city and be treated as a brother or a sister by a stranger.

Also keep in mind that not all Arabs are the same ethnically. You can't say that Arabs in places like Saudi Arabia and Palestine have the same history and views on politics simply because the west has used a broad stroke to call them "Arabs."

And also keep in mind that Palestinians are considered the lowest rung of Arabs in the Mid East. They are disliked and ignored by ALL other Arab groups and they are somewhat considered the "Hatians" of their people.

Moshe.

All Star
Daps
The bolded is disingenuous and you know it. (They are as racist as whites)

Also no one is saying to put the struggles of others above the ourselves. If that's how you operate that's fine, but the thing is our issues are deep rooted just like theirs are (We do not have the same issues/struggles). Also Arabs are an ethnicity not a race (okay, you are going to have to touch on this more), you have lot's of Arabs of African descent who are also being oppressed and oddly enough you have Black Jews that are receiving the same treatment within the borders of Israel. See ultimately you can't paint people with a broad brush (I can, and I will. We are painted with a broad brush by everyone in the world. Stop with this nonsense.), I can assure you there are a lot Palestinians who identify with the plight of Black America (I am sure they don't). They get internet in some places out there, too (Woah! Very advanced and forward thinking they are!). Have you actually been there, I have several times, and yea, I got some funny looks but I also stayed with a family that treated me like anyone else (Post pictures). In fact the only place I been to in the Middle East that had any real hostility towards Blacks was Saudi Arabia and most of that were amongst upper class people.

My reply is in red. But before I continue on,

What constitutes a race?

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
this is a bit of a misleading idea.

I lived in Palestine for a while as a student in the West Bank and I can say with confidence that Palestinians are some of the least racist people out there--I'd hesitate to even say that they have an ounce of racism against blacks, because I certainly didn't see any signs of it. I can guarantee you that ANY of you could walk in any Palestine city and be treated as a brother or a sister by a stranger.

Also keep in mind that not all Arabs are the same ethnically. You can't say that Arabs in places like Saudi Arabia and Palestine have the same history and views on politics simply because the west has used a broad stroke to call them "Arabs."

And also keep in mind that Palestinians are considered the lowest rung of Arabs in the Mid East. They are disliked and ignored by ALL other Arab groups and they are somewhat considered the "Hatians" of their people.

Thank you

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
My reply is in red. But before I continue on,

What constitutes a race?

Responding to the red points.

Race is where you hail from not necessarily the color of your skin or where you congregate per se, but that's a murky water.

No they aren't as a whole, it depends on the people you deal with. I have seen people that are ok with it to indifference and some racism, but in most cases their attitude is not as hostile as whites in America (which I'm assuming is your frame of reference). It is cultural/xenophobic, not religous, as the Arabs I have done business and dealt with come from all religious backgrounds. Muslims, Christians and some pagans (majority Muslim, I'll admit.)

Actually their struggles are deeper than ours. The Palestine/Israel battle has gone on in some some way or another for 1400 plus years (3 Crusades), so yes their struggles have been longer, not saying ours is unimportant or anything but from a pure time standpoint, it has been going on longer and even if you take the original fights out of the equation. Palestinians have been fighting for their land and their rights to live for a long time.

As to your 3rd point, not all Arabs are white. A lot of Arabs have a decent amount of African blood in them if not considerable. Palestine, Jordan, Egypt as well as a lot of North Easter African, claim Arab as well as African. A lot of beefs are tribal and that's something to keep an eye on.

If you want to paint people with a broad brush, that is your right, I was just trying to open eyes. Again I am pointing to the younger generation that has more access than the parents had when I mentioned the internet.

I won't post pictures of myself or the fam I stayed with, in my time there. If you don't take me at my word, I understand.

Again, I'm not trying to sat all Arabs are cool, far from it, but should the opportunities arise for you take a trip out there and share good bad or otherwise.

Peace.

HideoKojima

DOOM, all capitals, no trick spellin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Georgia, Home of the trillest
When i was a muslim, I was told to care about these people like they were the only people in the world who were facing tough shyt. As a youngin we had donation drives for palestine where we raised millions of dollars for the palestinian cause. I went to a predominantly black mosque, and every friday we would donate to palestine, alot of the sermons were about palestinian and Arab difficulties. During this period, Africans were being slaughtered in the millions in Sudan by the Arab government, Rwanda and Ethiopia. I didnt see any donation programs in these black mosque for these black nations . My people problems was below that of a palestinian or an iraqi accoriding to most muslims,. I come forom Ethiopia where a civil war has killed millions of innocent people, I dont see these rich gulf Arabs doing shyt to help Ethiopian l despite the fact we literally saved the prophet mohammed during the first hijra and Ethiopia has one of the oldest and largest muslim populations. In fact my people are routinely abused and exploited in these arab lands as Asylum seekers.:pacspit:

So tell me why should I care about these Arabs if theyve never cared about Africa and have used religion to divide Africans? The palestinians have mistreated Afro Palestinians for hundreds of years. Why should we care about bigots who would have still been enslaving Africans if slavery wasnt outlawed. And they still call Afro arabs abeed in their countries.

And the sad thing is, a majority of Black muslims i grew up with care more about rebuilding palestine and Iraq than their own black nations :snoop: I know somalis from the diaspora who are migrating to syria and iraq to fight for the arab people when they should be rebuilding their own nation.:snoop:
Ive seen Africans fight for Arab causes like Syria, Iraq and Palestine whilst ive never seen an Arab fight for African causes.:snoop:

Arabs have brainwashed us to think about their interests above our own.:snoop:
From what i've observed, Arabs supremacy is real. A lot of cats sack ride for arabs even though arabs don't fukk with the rest of the ummah. The koran being in Arabic elevates arab supremacy. Palestinians treat Africans like crap in the territories :mjcry: Those "Free Palestine" cats on twitter are very anti-black as well. In Gaza, if you're dark skinned (basically every SSA), they'll call out to you and say "Hey Chocolate"or " “Hey, cappuccino". shyt, weird. It makes me very apathetic to their causes :yeshrug:

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
ignoring the whole Arabs are racist to blacks which a lot are, this whole issue isn't just about blacks caring about Palestine and Arab issues only. It happens for other non Arab Muslims. In the UK Muslims always talking about Palestine and Arab issues but little talk of Sudan or Myanmar for example. There is a certain fetish-ism politically and in terms of injustice of Arabs by Muslims and in particular Palestine. Yemen (also Arab to be fair) for example is getting bombed like crazy by Saudi and 21 million people are in need of humanitarian aid but no ones chatting shyt. If it was Israel bombing Gaza my Facebook would be going crazy right now.

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
From what i've observed, Arabs supremacy is real. A lot of cats sack ride for arabs even though arabs don't fukk with the rest of the ummah. The koran being in Arabic elevates arab supremacy. Palestinians treat Africans like crap in the territories :mjcry: Those "Free Palestine" cats on twitter are very anti-black as well. In Gaza, if you're dark skinned (basically every SSA), they'll call out to you and say "Hey Chocolate"or " “Hey, cappuccino". shyt, weird. It makes me very apathetic to their causes :yeshrug:

The irony of this is that a) Muslim texts state the arabs got the Prophet Mohammed as they were the worst people b) historically apart from the first few centuries Arabs haven't ruled shyt. Was Turks and Mongols and others running the Arab world then they were colonised post Ottoman Empire