Why Do People Keep Swearing They Mixed With "Indian"

DabbinSauce

Banned
Daps
Henry c00n Gates got the internet goin :duck:
think about how mexican and hispanic bytches in general love nikkas today, yall nikkas really think nikkas wasnt fukkin them bytches back then:childplease: :shaq2:

Their was actually the creek nation in Alabama
Depending how long your family has been in Alabama and where they lived it's not a unrealistic possiblity.

Trails_of_Tears_en.png

And:mjlol:at this map only showing the 5 civilized tribes, there were probably hundreds of different native american groups living in that area that were most likely murdered, cacnology

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Henry c00n Gates got the internet goin :duck:
think about how mexican and hispanic bytches in general love nikkas today, yall nikkas really think nikkas wasnt fukkin them bytches back then:childplease: :shaq2:

And at this map only showing the 5 civilized tribes, there were probably hundreds of different native american groups living in that area that were most likely murdered, cacnology

Recent DNA test are proving NA is rare in AA's and white people. :francis: Most Black people do not have native ancestry.

DabbinSauce

Banned
Daps
I also don't understand how Gates can test only a hand full of Black American celebrities and gather the conclusions that he came to about Black Americans as a whole. Common sense would tell you he could only speak for those he tested, not the damn entire country worth of black folks off a few mufukkas:mjlol:

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
My mom is native.

If you ain't constantly getting mistaken for hispanic or Arab then shut yo ass up bout "I's indian, please love me"
I'm dougla, and people swear I'm Dominican. Any time a hispanic person is around me, they start speaking spanis, and I'm like :carltonscare: no espanol papi.

When I'm around arabs, they think I'm arab too.

DabbinSauce

Banned
Daps
Recent DNA test are proving NA is rare in AA's and white people. :francis: Most Black people do not have native ancestry.
I don't care either way. I'm full blooded African in my mind:russ:. I just don't trust every piece of info the white man throws at me:francis:i'm a man of common sense

And as a Research major:francis:i find his broad final conclusions from such limited statistical info laughable:troll:

Edit: Not to mention there were tons of Native Americans who somehow didn't live long enough to get their blood tested:francis:

Last edited:

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
I don't care either way. I'm full blooded African in my mind:russ:. I just don't trust every piece of info the white man throws at me:francis:i'm a man of common sense

And as a Research major:francis:i find his broad final conclusions from such limited statistical info laughable:troll:

Edit: Not tot mention there are tons of a Native Americans who didn't live long enough to get their blood tested:francis:

DNA doesn't lie. That still does not explain why AA's belong to certain Haplogroups similar to their African cousins. :manny:

If they had that much NA ancestry many African Americans mtdna haplogroups would be different.

You can read through research papers and general historical documents online most say Its only 0 %- 2% in many African Americans.

Last edited:

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
I also don't understand how Gates can test only a hand full of Black American celebrities and gather the conclusions that he came to about Black Americans as a whole. Common sense would tell you he could only speak for those he tested, not the damn entire country worth of black folks off a few mufukkas:mjlol:

They are going off entire data from African Americans who were tested, not just celebrities. Its From multiple DNA companies and studies. Most African average 0% - 2% NA. The 2% means it's like 11 generations back.

DabbinSauce

Banned
Daps
DNA doesn't lie. That still does not explain why AA's belong to certain Haplogroups similar to their African cousins. :manny:

If they had that much NA ancestry many African Americans mtdna haplogroups would be different.

You can read through research papers and general historical documents online most say Its only 0 %- 2% in many African Americans.

I understand, but for Gates to just jump out and speak for an entire ethnic group, when you haven't tested an entire ethnic group, and cannot test an entire ethnic group.
You just don't do shyt like that in the world of research:birdman:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

I would agree with Gates that Amerindian isn't continuously flowing in most area of the Afram community but his tests are too generalized as far where he's testing. Most Aframs who would have higher probabilities of it come from/have roots in more isolated and distinct regions of the USA.

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
My mom is native.

If you ain't constantly getting mistaken for hispanic or Arab then shut yo ass up bout "I's indian, please love me"

Can't go by that.....James Earl Jones for example

Q9YBlOh.jpg

He claims to be part Cherokee/Choctaw though. I bet most people would roll their eyes after hearing that but lets take a look at his maternal grandmother

Y2Aftle.jpg

She looks heavily Native influenced

http://www.achievement.org/autodoc/photocredit/achievers/jon2-010

It doesn't show in Earls phenotype though

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
people who do this are really just mentally ill. We have a lot of mental illness in the black community that is so pervasive we consider it normal behavior. I'd say about 65% OR MORE (just throwing out estimates) of our people have abnormal behavior and are disillusioned to some extent.

Case in point -
o5iHSIWDRyal.jpg

semtex

:)
Daps
people who do this are really just mentally ill. We have a lot of mental illness in the black community that is so pervasive we consider it normal behavior. I'd say about 65% OR MORE (just throwing out estimates) of our people have abnormal behavior and are disillusioned to some extent.

Case in point -
o5iHSIWDRyal.jpg
Umm her pops is from India

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Umm her pops is from India
This is another deflection delusional and mentally ill black people will use to deny their race. The mental illness is so deep they'll deny their own flesh and blood <their parents> to claim the blood of another race. It is just another classic example of abnormal psychology.

Her parents by the way

article-2773285-21C3351A00000578-918_634x500.jpg

Nicki-Minaj-posts-an-image-of-her-parents-Carol-and-Robert-Maraj-on-her-instagram-Dec-2013.jpg

Daps
Reppin
VOID
I am mixed w/ indian though. West Indian (St. Croix, St. Kitts, on my mom's side) so to speak and African (Nigerian, on my dad's side).

So....:yeshrug:but you'll never hear me say anything like this.

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Somethinnng related

What was it like to write the screenplay about the African Burial Ground?

It was a lot of hard work, but I actually enjoyed it because, again, it's the family interest. I had an opportunity to tell the story about how Africans had helped to build New York, which was something that was totally missing from New York history books. The discovery of this burial ground was really proof that Africans had been here, not just a few, but -- you may know the burial ground was about five to six acres in size, and they estimated about 20,000 men, women, and children were buried there. So for me to be able to help correct the history of the city of New York, it was a lot of hard work, but it was very gratifying, one of the most gratifying experiences of my life.

It was difficult for a variety of reasons, not the least of which was finding images of the Africans. I think one of the most difficult aspects of putting this documentary together was collecting the illustrations of enslaved Africans at work. But I found a wonderful artist by the name of Charles Lilley, and his illustrations are used throughout the documentary. I gave him illustrations of Europeans at work, and through those early illustrations we basically were able to indicate the manner in which Africans did their work. And that work, in New York, was clearing the land, clearing the roads. Broadway then was actually a narrow Native American trail that the Africans had to widen. Greenwich Village, in the 17th century, was made up of farms. So getting the illustrations to help people understand the lives of the workers was really the most difficult part.

Did you find any of your family inside the burial ground?

No. I tried to find documentation, and I now maintain that I have a reason to believe, and a belief beyond reason, that I had family in that African Burial Ground. But, no, I do not have documentary evidence of that.

spacer.gif
author2d.jpg

spacer.gif

What relationship did the Native Americans have with the African Americans?

You came to the right guy. It's an interesting relationship that Native Americans and African Americans have, because many of the first Africans who were brought here as slaves intermarried with the Native Americans. Many of them ran away. A lot of the slave runaways went to Native American communities throughout the East Coast. That's why today if you meet the Native Americans from Maine -- the Mi'kmaq, the Narragansett, the Pequot, the Ramapough, the Shinnecock, the Powhatan -- and all the way up to the northeastern seaboard, they're usually identified as "black Indians" because they have intermarried with Africans as well as with Europeans.

My family history is the Lenape [Native Americans] who intermarried with the first Africans and some of the first Dutch. My great-great-grandfather was Samuel DeFreese -- my mother's name was DeFreese, that's a Dutch name. Some others in the family were named de Groot and van Dunk, and, basically, they are the descendants of the Lenape who were here for thousands of years. And so when the Africans and the Dutch arrived in the 1600s, in my family they didn't just fight, they also married. And so that's the legacy of this particular family.

Do you feel that your research on the burial ground has left a lot of questions unanswered or a lot of information that you don't know?

When you're really doing research and finding answers, that always leads you to areas where you've got more questions. And it's very true at the burial ground. Just by bringing the information about the burial ground to light, in this particular case, at least we have a classroom on Manhattan Island that's thinking about the burial ground. You have your own questions. You pose questions today that I've never heard about the burial ground. So, hopefully, the whole track of learning and discovery is going to lead to more information.

Why, in your opinion, was the burial ground excavation such a big discovery in New York?

I think the burial ground excavation was a big discovery because of the opportunity to learn about a part of American history which really has not been explored. Most of the history books written before the discovery of the burial ground usually place the presence of African Americans on the periphery. They say, "There was slavery, but it didn't really happen in the North." Well, a five-acre burial ground with 20,000men, women, and children on Manhattan Island is an indication that there was a presence of Africans here.

I think the discovery of the burial ground is very important because it really opened the window into the past. It gave us an opportunity to see what the role of slaves was in the United States. Very often we think of slavery as being something in the Southern states -- the Carolinas and Mississippi and Alabama -- of blacks picking cotton. Well, you learned an important part of history in that the presence of Africans on Manhattan Island showed that they were colony builders.
That when they came here with the European settlers, they were the ones who cleared the land for the town of New Amsterdam, they were the ones who cleared the roads, they cleared the fields for the farms. And they didn't just do it on Manhattan Island, they did this literally from Albany to Argentina. All along the eastern seaboard in the Americas and the Caribbean, enslaved workers in the 16th century and 17th century were primarily helping to build the colonies.

author2c.jpg

spacer.gif
spacer.gif

I heard a lot of statistics in the video, like infant mortality rate or how slaves were treated. What statistic is most important to you?

If I had one statistic of slavery to share -- and I'm not even sure it's in the film -- it's the fact that from 1492 to 1776, of the 6.5 million people who came to the Americas, 5.5 million were Africans. If there's a statistic from the burial ground, it's the fact that of the 419 remains that were excavated, over 40 percent were children under the age of 12. Those to me are some very important facts to know.

You know all this information to write that script for the documentary about the cemetery. How did you find this out? Did you find out from interviewing people, or if you knew it previously, how did you find that out?

I was fortunate in that my family history went back to the era of the African Burial Ground and earlier. So when the burial ground was unearthed in 1991, I had that as a sort of background. That gave me a passion; it didn't give me much information. But then I had to go study more at the various libraries, and find as many experts as I could. I found some of the finest experts, like James Shenton, who is on the burial ground video. He is a professor at Columbia University and author of some of the most popular history books in America. And T. J. Davis is another historian. I found some of the finest historians, sociologists, archaeologists, scientists who were knowledgeable on the subject, and they helped to tell the story, which is the way you put together a documentary. You get as much research as you can, and then you find the people who know more than you and you tap them. You have to learn to take advantage of the sources, the resources, because if you want to tell the story, you want to get the best information.

How did finding the skeletons in the African Burial Ground affect you personally?

I sort of marveled at the skeletons. I never had a real interest in skeletons; they were just part of the project that I signed on to do a documentary about. I frankly didn't think it was appropriate to photograph the skeletons. I didn't think it was appropriate to excavate the skeletons, but this was something that was being done. And, to me, if we're going to find any value in this whole project, I felt that I had to try to do right by the skeletons. I would try actually to tell their story. They certainly weren't capable of telling their own story. Maybe they do in some ways, just by the images. Maybe I was totally wrong about it being inappropriate to videotape them, because they themselves are now the evidence of their own lives, and they allow students and adults to see them. You can form your own conclusions and raise your own questions about their lives.

When you went on the site, did you find it very emotional to be able to see all these bodies and skeletons -- like what could be your ancestors and everything?

You hit the right button. Any connection, any thought I had that this was an ancestor of mine, then it would move me. But I would try to use that passion to contact another expert, read another book. It was empowering to me. It was invigorating whenever I connected my own family to the burial ground.

http://www.learner.org/workshops/tml/workshop6/authors2c.html

These areas are historically known for "Black Indians"

AlNEZtZ.png

Some pictures

7Q3Rp3X.jpg

BDpbf2q.jpg

fDOImBR.jpg

qCksBL5.jpg

2ABWFaX.jpg

bMtZvO0.jpg

nBWuXQb.jpg

wW9pfq7.jpg