Why Do People Keep Swearing They Mixed With "Indian"

Pro
Daps
:lupe::lupe::lupe:

What if you actually are though?

I´ve had multiple people ask me if I was Indian (from India), part Native American, or part Latino, and I met some African dudes who swore up and down I was Ethiopian. My great grandfather was a white German Jew, and there´s a little Native American on my mom´s side of the family, but everyone else in my family as far as I know is black. I´m like Kobe´s complexion with a long straight nose, thin lips, high cheekbones, and curly, thick black hair. I don´t go out of my way to claim other races, but if someone asks is it c00n behavior to say what I actually know I´m kinda mixed with?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Why can't I embrace all of my ancestry? I accept that I'm black, why can't I accept that I'm Indian too??? #teammixed
that's how i feel.. and i'm dark skinned.. i know i'm black and i identify with that 150%.. i also know and met my great grandmother who was native american 100%.. my father's mother was also part native american.. so if you ask me "what's your nationality" or some shyt like that.. i'll say those exact words

one day i'd like to find out all of my history.. when i have thousands to blow on some ancestory site.. to get that super premium look up package, i'd love to do it.. find out exactly or some what where my family is from and find out about my heritage..

i think that's the reason we as american blacks are so fukked up.. at the end of the day, unless we try to say "we are americans" we have no NATIONAL pride... we just "from africa" no flag, no "hey you from _____ too.. so's my family" no history... but that's another topic

EDIT: another crazy thing i think about... y'all realize your whole family could be something completely different in a matter of 3-4 generations

i have a half white son.. he marries a white girl.. that kids marries a white guy.. they have a a kid and that kid is white as fukk.. and probably doesn't even know 99% of his family at my time, was black... he just thinks he's white... shyt i'd like him to find out about me and know where he came from.. might save him from being a fukked up cac one day

my great grandma is the reason i don't say indians or fukk with the redskins :yeshrug:

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
I do though. I took the test and I'm 3% Cherokee.
3%
YOU
/\
MOM - DAD
(would have been 50% if 1 parent was Indian)
/\ /\
GMOM - GDAD GMOM - GDAD
(would have been 25% if 1 grandparent was Indian)
/\ /\ /\ /\
GGMOM - GGDAD GGMOM - GGDAD GGMOM - GGDAD GGMOM - GGDAD
(would have been 12.5% if 1 great-grandparent was Indian)
/\ /\ /\ /\
GGMOM - GGDAD GGMOM - GGDAD GGMOM - GGDAD GGMOM - GGDAD
(would have been 12.5% if 1 great-great-grandparent was Indian)

and Im tired of making this chart so....
Next tier 16people
(would have been 6.25% if 1 great-great-great-great-grandparent was Indian)

Final tier 32 people
(would have been 3.125% if 1 great-great-great-great-great-grandparent was Indian)

Yet people on this forum want folks who have 1 FULL black parent and an other, to go by Mixed/BiRacial...
and they can't claim Black. Even Bob Marley, Malcom X etc... from another thread I was in...

:ohhh: