Why Do People Keep Swearing They Mixed With "Indian"

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
People do it to look more exotic. It's dumb IMO. And everybody does it. Blacks, Whites, etc. Even Latinos try to claim their Taino ancestry so hard, yet they have like 5% if that :laff:

Those people don't look indigenous and can't even tell you what tribe they descend from. They should be able to claim it.

IMO it's only acceptable to claim it if you look partially indigenous. Like Russell Wilson for example

Russell+Wilson+Arrivals+ESPN+Magazine+Body+35tCNNvc_hSl.jpg

He's said he's partially Native American. And I can see it from looking at him.

But most people don't look no types of Indian/Native American/Indigenous. fukk outta here with tryna claim it :camby:

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
My paternal tree was started by a mixed race blk/ndn male and a mixed race blk/wht/ndn female. They were married on the Chickasaw nation territory in northern Mississippi before the Trail and settled in OK. Only natives can get married in native territory. I know the identity of their parents, but I won't post because I want to keep my anonymity.

On my maternal side, I'm 1/16 native. My mother resembles the silver-haired black woman on the second page(I think)except she is has fairer skin. Family politics have kept me from meeting with the family I have, also in Mississppi, who are of native descent.

I inherited the west African phenotype with a couple subtle variations from my non-black relatives.... However, my mom, dad and sister inherited the mulatto phenotype that is prevalent in our lineage. This difference doesn't make us any more or less than what we are....

Marezzy

RIP my Nikka Zooboomafo 🕊️11-20-2014🕊️
Daps
Reppin
Dallas,Tx
I'm only half black but I never in my life flaunted it or acted like it made me a better person or something. What's wrong with just being you and not bringing up you being multiple races to seem more exotic.

egobiggs

Banned
Daps
I'm only half black but I never in my life flaunted it or acted like it made me a better person or something. What's wrong with just being you and not bringing up you being multiple races to seem more exotic.

thats not you in your avi is it?

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
what race are your grandparents?

One set of grandparents are straight black. My moms parents. My other set of grandparents, my fathers parents are mixed. My grandmom is half native. The person I was talking about. And my granddad is biracial (looked like Michael Ealy when he was young). His (white) father abandoned him though :mjcry:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I do though. I took the test and I'm 3% Cherokee.
the Indians won't claim you, so why claim them?
True but America doesnt claim you, tho. Or at least wants to hyphenate you on some "african-american". But you rep it hard to the core, dont you?

Again, not saying you're wrong in your reply to her but just saying :yeshrug:

Why can't I embrace all of my ancestry? I accept that I'm black, why can't I accept that I'm Indian too??? #teammixed
You can be whatever you wanna be ma :yeshrug:

We just reserve the right to laugh at you when you claim it :krs:

2manyFCKNrappers

mentally i measure kilos
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
When I read shyt like this, it lets me know how stupid people are. Black people are mixed with Indian because it was the Indians that came to the Africans (olmecs) living in America at the time and requested to breed with us so that they could have more melanin. Indians are mixed with black not the other way around. We were here before the native Americans but somebody told your dumbass all black people came here on a slave ship.

And for all you coli historians, don't reply to me unless you've read Dr. Ivan Van Sertima's "They Came Before Columbus" because you won't have any idea what you're talking about and I don't have time to go back and forth debating with idiots.