Why do people hardly do pullups or dips

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I usually see a few cats doing both at the gym, but the ROM on each is :hhh:.

I know dips bother a lot of people's shoulders so IDK. Most of the dudes doing dips are moving up/down 2" max, and very few people do them weighted. Ladies at my gym seem to be allergic. :mjcry:
As far as pull-ups go, very few dudes in here doing them full ROM or weighted. Most of the folks outchea kipping like it's a XF class. :mjlol:
Only see 3 or 4 gals that can do them legit unweighted but those tend to be the hardbodies. :shaq:

AQz

All Star
Supporter
Daps
i work out at a commercial gym and there are a couple people who look good ect but i hardly ever see anyone doing dips or pullups. both underrated exercises

I do pull-ups on back day (actually today). I see some doing assisted pull-ups or dips. I do both on my own. Many people can’t support their body weight.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My son has been hitting the fitness center at his school. So when he comes with me to the gym I try to get him into pull ups and dips. He struggles though. The gym I go to, I’ve only seen one other person do pull ups
can't do dips because my wrists are fukked :mjcry:
do you stretch your wrists or do push ups?

J-MIL

Fly Sh!t Only
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, The 100's
I do both....pull ups are def harder tho especially overhanded

I got pretty big/strong triceps so that's probably key. Have started doing em weighted yet

Son Goku

Daps
Need to get my back right. Might start add weighted pull-ups as a Main Movement when I start my next rotation in 9 weeks.
:patrice:

It'd be 12 sets on the main day and 8 on the secondary.
:wow:

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I do dips when I'm doing arms , and pullups every day I go to the gym. I'm able to do close pullups but not shoulder width yet (only 1 or 2 ).

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Need to get my back right. Might start add weighted pull-ups as a Main Movement when I start my next rotation in 9 weeks.
:patrice:

It'd be 12 sets on the main day and 8 on the secondary.
:wow:
You must be a work horse Breh. Between all these sets and the weight lifting sets you do.

Son Goku

Daps
You must be a work horse Breh. Between all these sets and the weight lifting sets you do.

Not really, just seems like most ppl I see irl show up (maybe), do no work, and slack on diet and recovery then wonder why they :flabbynsick:.

I haven't hit any really big goals so I stay hungry. Plus I gotta stunt on these bytch nikkas that be flagrant and think they doing it.
:birdman::demonic:

Plus I used to be lil as fukk so the fear of going back keeps me hustling.
:lolbron:

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
When I go to the gym now I mostly do calisthenics. I honestly don't even think I need a gym membership to do sit ups pull ups and push ups. I'm looking to get more cut and toned. I already got brolic for like a summer but I honest'y don't have the appetite to sustain that weight. Any workout tips for a tone body? (pause) for reference, I'm 5'11 198

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
When I go to the gym now I mostly do calisthenics. I honestly don't even think I need a gym membership to do sit ups pull ups and push ups. I'm looking to get more cut and toned. I already got brolic for like a summer but I honest'y don't have the appetite to sustain that weight. Any workout tips for a tone body? (pause) for reference, I'm 5'11 198
Keep hitting those bars but in different variations. Ab work needs to have variety too. The beauty of bars is the creative element, you can make it what you want. I feel like if you can do muscle ups you’re really strong af. Eat the right foods and rest when your body tells you to and you’ll be good.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I just started doing chest dips at the gym about two weeks ago. I already notice the difference in my chest muscles shyt is intense definitely planning on adding pull-ups to my regimen within the next month.