Why do people get flabby and sick after college or in relationships?

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
its a SELF-RESPECT thing.. or lack of i should say

without reaching and building o your physical apex the mind and spirit dwindles.

all 3 are interwoven and are a catlalyst for on another..

think of your body as a pyramid without a solid STRONG foundation your unable to build and rise.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
My brother was 170 pounds during his senior year of college. 3 years After graduating, he's about 280 pounds.:mad:

:sadcam: he :flabbynsick:

I graduated college in 2000 and I weighed like 177. 13 years later I weigh 180 lbs. :win:

I got a fam and a full time job plus a commute, and I still find time EVERY week. it's all about making the time.

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For real, working 5 days a week with long commutes is tough. I can barely manage to go to the gym 4 times a week and havent gone in about 3 weeks now.

This is why I have DVD's and weights at home so when I don't feel like going to the gym, I can just get a small workout in at home.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Working out takes 3 hours per week. If we take into consideration 30 minutes commute its 6 hours total.

What, are you all CEOs and slaves that you can't find 6 hours per week? :deadrose: :duck:

yup. it only takes 4 hours a week for me. I run about 45 min- 1hr each time, and I always run outside. therefore the "gym" for me is open 24/7, and its free.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I ONLY exercise for vanity. I can admit that.

but the answer to the question is once u get done with college, u usually start working full time. thus have less time for exercising. whereas in college, u have access to the school gym 24/7 and its really convenient. and typically you have an abundance of time.

also once u finish college, a lot of dudes settle down and stop giving a fukk as well. and when u get older, your metabolism slows typically as well. so there are a bunch of factors for why folks get :flabbynsick: after college.

And all factors point to laziness.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Graduated college with a weight of around 190-95 (I'm 6'). Got a graduation gift from one of my sisters of a framed series of photos of graduation...

Picture 1: Me-:flabbynsick: and my parents

Picture 2: Me-:flabbynsick: and my sisters

Picture 3: Me-:flabbynsick: and one of my boys

Weigh 165 now, 5-6% body fat thanks to those pictures :salute::win:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I ONLY exercise for vanity. I can admit that.

but the answer to the question is once u get done with college, u usually start working full time. thus have less time for exercising. whereas in college, u have access to the school gym 24/7 and its really convenient. and typically you have an abundance of time.

also once u finish college, a lot of dudes settle down and stop giving a fukk as well. and when u get older, your metabolism slows typically as well. so there are a bunch of factors for why folks get :flabbynsick: after college.

Pretty much, add to the fact if you want to go to a gym that is compound lift friendly and isn't packed to the gills in the afternoon (peak hours) shyt can get :heh:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Working out takes 3 hours per week. If we take into consideration 30 minutes commute its 6 hours total.

What, are you all CEOs and slaves that you can't find 6 hours per week? :deadrose: :duck:

Ummmm....

Try waking up at 6 AM every week to commute to work for 10 oclock. Finishing work at 7, and then finally arriving home at 9 and see if you wanna devote your alone time to the gym which is also not close to your house.

I'm lucky though. I get to work an hour and a half early so back when I was going to the gym I used that time. Without that the gym would be in the bushes. However, work in itself can be very tiring or stressful to the point where you just want to go home and relax. But I forgot the Coli is full of Supermen :merchant:

KritNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Costa Rica
I recently graduated from college and now have a Job working 40+ hours a week. My routine is pretty much set in stone. I get off work at 6 kick it for an hour, go to gym at 7:30-8, workout for hour and a half get home make dinner and lunch for next day. By the time I eat and shower it's damn near 11 pm. I love the routine and have no problem with it but if I had kids i think it would be damn near impossible. As far as being in a relationship and letting yourself go that's just not how my mind works. Also helps that my girl goes to gym with me every day. I feel that once you build it into your weekly routine it almost becomes natural, also gives me so much more energy and makes me twice as productive in all other areas of my life

Made Man

All Star
Daps
That I work too much and don't have time is the biggest load of shyt excuse people make. :childplease:

I've been overseas and they don't have nearly as many fat people as we do, do they not work 40 hour work weeks or more over there :comeon:

shyt I was on Deployment working 13 to 14 hour shifts 7 days a week and still found time to work out. It all boils down to work ethic portion control, and whether the person care about their health or they rather be lazy plain and simple. shyt now of days you don't even need a gym membership you can workout at home and get it done, so anybody saying otherwiswe is full of shyt and rather make excuses then get better.

:aicmon: breh im in the military also so i know what you talking bout but you can't even compare us to civilians. Our lifestlye promotes fitness and staying in shape. If we dont we have huger problems then they would. Also dont leave out the fact that on most deployments they allocate time for you to work out within that 13 hours.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
:sadcam: he :flabbynsick:

I graduated college in 2000 and I weighed like 177. 13 years later I weigh 180 lbs. :win:

I got a fam and a full time job plus a commute, and I still find time EVERY week. it's all about making the time.

This is the key...

You MAKE time to do EVERYTHING you want to do, that's why I don't put up with excuses about doing stuff...either you WANT to or you DON'T WANT TO, it's not hard at all...

Hell, I'm not "in shape" per se, I mean I'm not huge but I see that I could be on that path, and doesn't help that my genes are susceptible to weight gain, but I honestly haven't WANTED to get in the gym in the past, but I am now b/c my girl keep asking me to go with her and help "motivate" her plus my moms and aunt said I was fat, and have looked that way the past 4 months...said I was looking "comfortable" in my relationship lol...

I want to brehs, for my own health, plus I wanna be able to play with my kids when I finally have some. Can't be all :flabbynsick: and my girl lookin to replace me since I don't work out...kill two birds with one stone