Why do people get flabby and sick after college or in relationships?

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
True...but I hate the "I can do it, so can you" arguments. Everyone's situation is different. Working 13 hour days 7 days a week and going to the gym regularly just isn't practical.

:ld:

All they really need is :
For lifting :
A Bar Bell
adjustable dumb bells
An adjustable weight bench
A large set of weights ( 250 - 300lbs)
A pull up bar (those cheap ones for the door way)
And if they can't afford the weights they can do bodyweight exercises for free.

For Cadio :
They could walk around the block
Ride a bike
Get a tread mill
And a myriad of other ideas....

Combine that with diet and a good home work
out plan and the average person could look
really good in a couple months.
On top of that they don't have to worry about going to the gym and being charged a ton of cash (no gym excuses either).

I agree that everyone's situation is different so we can't
expect them all to always have time but I imagine 50-60 minutes
a day could be set aside to work out if a person wanted it
that bad.

Depends how much they're willing to sacrifice.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
i'm sure finishing college and raising a child aren't easy things to do and could get stressful....

and plus a lot of people that go to college stay up and party alot to make their bodies age even more.

Oye

Random
Daps
I let myself go :manny:

You don't notice it's happening until it's too late. The transformation happens fast enough that you can't turn back if you don't catch it and it's slow enough that you don't notice it. For me it was because I got too comfortable when she and I started talking I was around 215 pounds and in great shape. After 1 year together I was up around 235 and 3 years in I peaked at 271lbs. She also gained weight 126 to 165 while we were together so we both got too comfortable.

I decided to get back in shape 2 and half years ago and it was the best decision I have ever made. If you cant go to the gym do pushups and pullups there's a lot of stuff you can do at hom,e.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
lol....not only do individuals metabolism change, making it easier to gain weight, and their bodies due to childbirth, but their lifestyle drastically changes. You dont recognize the difference in a 21 y/o with no kids and loads of freetime, going to college which has a gym on campus and promotes activity, versus a 28 y/o w/ kids working full time every day?

There is still no excuse to be fat & out of shape :manny: I know people with 4 kids and full time jobs that are in shape and eat right

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
I'm willing to bet that it boils down to a lack of knowledge because based off of what I'm reading in this thread, people are severely overrating how much it takes to work out. :smh:

At one point, I was teaching full-time, checking class work for over 120 kids (BY MYSELF) after work, and still found 3 hours in my week to hit the gym twice.

I work 40+ hours a week right now and manage to fit 3 days in my week to hit the gym.

People are acting like 1) You have to hit the gym 4-5 times a week or 2) the fukking weekend doesn't exist. All that time shyt can go in the bushes. Gyms have day cares and if it's that big of a deal, figure out something that your kids can do with you at home.

People get :flabbynsick: because most they're weak-minded & find it easier to say "I can't".

They don't know how to police their impulses and they don't know how the discipline themselves in a reasonable fashion. I drink on occasion but I limit it to once a week, TOPS, and that's ONLY if I've hit my 3 workout quota. I get tempted to grab a Five Guys Burger for the night and make the decision to grill up some lean turkey burgers for the next few days. You've got to be the boss of you. :ufdup:

You always have a choice (whether it's food or what kind of work you want to put into your fitness). You can eat bullshyt. You can NOT eat bullshyt. You can sit on your ass or you can do something productive.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
lol....not only do individuals metabolism change, making it easier to gain weight, and their bodies due to childbirth, but their lifestyle drastically changes. You dont recognize the difference in a 21 y/o with no kids and loads of freetime, going to college which has a gym on campus and promotes activity, versus a 28 y/o w/ kids working full time every day?
For real, working 5 days a week with long commutes is tough. I can barely manage to go to the gym 4 times a week and havent gone in about 3 weeks now.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:ld:

All they really need is :
For lifting :
A Bar Bell
adjustable dumb bells
An adjustable weight bench
A large set of weights ( 250 - 300lbs)
A pull up bar (those cheap ones for the door way)
And if they can't afford the weights they can do bodyweight exercises for free.

For Cadio :
They could walk around the block
Ride a bike
Get a tread mill
And a myriad of other ideas....

Combine that with diet and a good home work
out plan and the average person could look
really good in a couple months.
On top of that they don't have to worry about going to the gym and being charged a ton of cash (no gym excuses either).

I agree that everyone's situation is different so we can't
expect them all to always have time but I imagine 50-60 minutes
a day could be set aside to work out if a person wanted it
that bad.

Depends how much they're willing to sacrifice.

You have to want it "that bad". But some people don't. There's a mental block there for many people. I will agree with the notion that you always have time to work out and be healthy....but you have to want it bad enough.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm willing to bet that it boils down to a lack of knowledge because based off of what I'm reading in this thread, people are severely overrating how much it takes to work out. :smh:

At one point, I was teaching full-time, checking class work for over 120 kids (BY MYSELF) after work, and still found 3 hours in my week to hit the gym twice.

I work 40+ hours a week right now and manage to fit 3 days in my week to hit the gym.

People are acting like 1) You have to hit the gym 4-5 times a week or 2) the fukking weekend doesn't exist. All that time shyt can go in the bushes. Gyms have day cares and if it's that big of a deal, figure out something that your kids can do with you at home.

People get :flabbynsick: because most they're weak-minded & find it easier to say "I can't".

They don't know how to police their impulses and they don't know how the discipline themselves in a reasonable fashion. I drink on occasion but I limit it to once a week, TOPS, and that's ONLY if I've hit my 3 workout quota. I get tempted to grab a Five Guys Burger for the night and make the decision to grill up some lean turkey burgers for the next few days. You've got to be the boss of you. :ufdup:

You always have a choice (whether it's food or what kind of work you want to put into your fitness). You can eat bullshyt. You can NOT eat bullshyt. You can sit on your ass or you can do something productive.

This is fine...but I hate arguments that start with...."I had to do this that and the other....if I can do it...so can they". It's silly...

africanprince

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Many of the people that I graduated college with 5 years ago are Larry Holmes status now. They got fulltime jobs and relationships and just let themselves go. I don't understand why people do this. Wouldn't you want to look the best as you can for your significant other? I don't buy the "I don't have enough time to workout" excuse. President Obama is married and has the most stressful job in the world yet he has time to workout and eat healthy...

My brother was 170 pounds during his senior year of college. 3 years After graduating, he's about 280 pounds.:mad:

Jahmal

HARD ON ATL HOES
Daps
For real, working 5 days a week with long commutes is tough. I can barely manage to go to the gym 4 times a week and havent gone in about 3 weeks now.

So you have time to post on message boards but you have no time to hit the gym?

:wtf:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Because some people exercise for vanity and not health. When you have no reason to be vain because you are no longer chasing women these people let themselves go. I dont know why someone would want to become obese and gluttonous but i can see why someone could lose their cuts.

I ONLY exercise for vanity. I can admit that.

but the answer to the question is once u get done with college, u usually start working full time. thus have less time for exercising. whereas in college, u have access to the school gym 24/7 and its really convenient. and typically you have an abundance of time.

also once u finish college, a lot of dudes settle down and stop giving a fukk as well. and when u get older, your metabolism slows typically as well. so there are a bunch of factors for why folks get :flabbynsick: after college.