Why do people get flabby and sick after college or in relationships?

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
This is fine...but I hate arguments that start with...."I had to do this that and the other....if I can do it...so can they". It's silly...

It's very silly. During my second year teaching full-time, I also conducted after-school tutorial three days a week, took 6 graduate hours (2 days a week after work from 5-9), and spent 8 hours every Saturday in a GRE prep course. I also took membership classes for two hours every Sunday before regular church service. I was tired. The extra time that I did have went to my personal homework for my classes, grading student work, committee work for the school, and when I could sleep. I was tired and burned out by the end of that year. Me not working out was not because I was lazy (as some suggest in this thread). I didn't do anything other than work and school (not even tv) for most of that year. I was mentally drained and physcially tired.

I didn't gain a lot of weight because I have always eaten healthy/cooked my own meals; however, I didn't start back working out until the summer/school was out. Exercise isn't even the end all be all. What you eat is like 70% of the whole picture.

People need to understand that everyone is different. You can't judge other people based on what you could do when everyone has different lives, schedules, after work responsibilities, and etc.

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps
Ummmm....

Try waking up at 6 AM every week to commute to work for 10 oclock. Finishing work at 7, and then finally arriving home at 9 and see if you wanna devote your alone time to the gym which is also not close to your house.

I'm lucky though. I get to work an hour and a half early so back when I was going to the gym I used that time. Without that the gym would be in the bushes. However, work in itself can be very tiring or stressful to the point where you just want to go home and relax. But I forgot the Coli is full of Supermen :merchant:

You don't need a gym. Make a workout space in your house. Grab a few dumbbells from craigslist** and workout alone. It takes 30 mins a day; 3-4 times a week. If you're not into lifting much, and you're main goal is to loose weight, go jogging for 30 mins. Stop making excuses for people, breh.

People ARE different, and that's understandable...but if you WANT something, you'll do something about it. You have to FORCE yourself to do things. It takes 30 mins a day. Try starting with 10mins and gradually adding more time. You'll have more energy if you workout.

**(Never buy new weights. Used weights are CHEAP AS fukk. They usually sell at 1$ per 2 pounds :ohlawd: ie. 30 pound dumbbell cost $15. Sometimes you can get a whole set for like $50. New weights can cost 1$ per 1/2 pound :scusthov: 30 pound weight costing $60? :smh:)​

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
It's very silly. During my second year teaching full-time, I also conducted after-school tutorial three days a week, took 6 graduate hours (2 days a week after work from 5-9), and spent 8 hours every Saturday in a GRE prep course. I also took membership classes for two hours every Sunday before regular church service. I was tired. The extra time that I did have went to my personal homework for my classes, grading student work, committee work for the school, and when I could sleep. I was tired and burned out by the end of that year. Me not working out was not because I was lazy (as some suggest in this thread). I didn't do anything other than work and school (not even tv) for most of that year. I was mentally drained and physcially tired.

I didn't gain a lot of weight because I have always eaten healthy/cooked my own meals; however, I didn't start back working out until the summer/school was out. Exercise isn't even the end all be all. What you eat is like 70% of the whole picture.

People need to understand that everyone is different. You can't judge other people based on what you could do when everyone has different lives, schedules, after work responsibilities, and etc.

Notice my original post said portion control aka (diet) :beli:

And your circumstances also happen to be the extreme exception and once you found time you went back to having a routine, again health consciousness is a lifestyle and people who are sick & flabby are that way by choice.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

You don't need a gym. Make a workout space in your house. Grab a few dumbbells from craigslist** and workout alone. It takes 30 mins a day; 3-4 times a week. If you're not into lifting much, and you're main goal is to loose weight, go jogging for 30 mins. Stop making excuses for people, breh.

**(Never buy new weights. Used weights are CHEAP AS fukk. They usually sell at 1$ per 2 pounds :ohlawd: ie. 30 pound dumbbell cost $15. Sometimes you can get a whole set for like $50. New weights can cost 1$ per 1/2 pound :scusthov: 30 pound weight costing $60? :smh:)​

I already go an average of three times (not including March breh. Might thing is trying to bulk.

Question though. Right now I'm saving for school and my problem is when I exercise i get very hungry obviously and dont want to waste the workout so i eat a bunch....try to consume like 2500 calories at least. What are some cheaper foods that one should look into if he's trying to put on some nice clean weight (legs, chest and arms particularly).

I'm currently 6'1 185 lbs... and I'd like to be around 195-200. Highest I've been was 192 last summer...I was in beast mode before the fall.

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps
I already go an average of three times (not including March breh. Might thing is trying to bulk.

Question though. Right now I'm saving for school and my problem is when I exercise i get very hungry obviously and dont want to waste the workout so i eat a bunch....try to consume like 2500 calories at least. What are some cheaper foods that one should look into if he's trying to put on some nice clean weight (legs, chest and arms particularly).

I'm currently 6'1 185 lbs... and I'd like to be around 195-200. Highest I've been was 192 last summer...I was in beast mode before the fall.

Tuna (cheap as fukk)

Wheat Bread

Oatmeal (cheap as fukk for the amount that you get)

Wheat noodles (Raman noodles work...but watchout for the sodium)

Lots of Eggs

Whole milk

Yogurts

Cheese

Cook things in Olive Oil (some people even down a tea spoon of it twice a day. Free 350 calories a day, 150 cals a spoon full. It's nasty as fukk, but it gets the job done on a day when you slip up)

Lean meats on SALE (When shopping, it's not too difficult to find discounted meats. You can get like 4 pounds of chicken breast for like 7$ at Walmart)

The key to eating right while bulking is preparation and eating schedules. Cook all your meals ahead of time. Designate an hour on a specific day of the week to prep your lunches/snacks for the week. Set your phone to remind you to eat 6-7 times a day. When your alarm rings, eat those tuna sammiches, breh. It's all about planning.

Eating right + your post workout protein shakes should get your daily calorie intake on point.

:ld: