why do people assume its not pro black to date Light Skinned/Mixed people ?

Gravity

Banned
Daps
You're either lightskinned or you like lightskinned women.

Look, I'm not saying that lightskinned people cant align themselves with us politically for mutual benefits but they're not us. In predominantly black societies, lightskinned blacks have historically looked down upon darker skin blacks. You see it in South Africa, you see it in the Dominican Republic, you see it in Haiti, you see it all over the Caribbeans and South America. The jury on them has been out for quite some time. America is a slight exception although they do a bit of the same shyt they do everywhere else.
:snoop: at generalizing light skinned blacks when you would take issue if someone generalized dark skinned blacks. You talk about places like South Africa, well the colorism issues are much more pronounced in those kind of places because of attitudes like yours. The c00ns are the light skinned blacks who agree with you that they aren't the same as you. So they have no problem aligning themselves with the system that privileges them over you despite the fact that the powers that be ultimately sees you both as the same. Amerikkka is the "slight exception" because lightskinned or "mixed" people aren't considered a separate race. Again, if mixed people are perceived to be a separate race then there's no reason for them to align themselves to any pro black agenda.

Pro-black simply means being pro people who are classified as black. Period. Are lighter skinned blacks privileged over darker blacks in societies controlled by white supremacy? Yes. Does that make them not black? No. Blacks who have bought into white supremacy and perpetuate it themselves come in all complexions. The blacks who buy into white supremacy are c00ns regardless of their complexion. That includes blacks with attitudes like yours.

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
Because it's considered nibbling around the edges of IR dating. A lot of you "black love" nikkas like to chase these hybrid chicks because you think they're prettier because they have a nonblack parent. Of course you'd never admit to it, but anyone with basic intelligence can see this. Bottom line: don't promote Black Love if the only 'black' women you get with look like Jhene Aiko or Amber Rose. :martin::camby:

:mjlol: @ Willie Lynch syndrome.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
i use to think this way but now it's fukkin stupid. i hate that whole stigma that you aint truly pro black if your partner aint dark skinned or brown skinned. like we brehs we all black, its a zulu love and complexion dont mean a thing word to kendrick

:yeshrug::yeshrug:

people need to get that willie lynch bullshyt out of they head and start uniting with their brothers and sisters no matter their skin complexion.

:ufdup::ufdup:

Just in here becuz that song snaps...

kendrick-lamar-i-mtv-3-1415134573.gif

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I one starred and neg repped without reading the post because I thought it was gonna be dumb :snoop:

I actually feel him. The best mindset is a black person who might have a particular shade preference but is ultimately indifferent to how dark or light their black companion is. I prefer brown/dark brown skin for sure, but if a girl who is lighter skin vibes with me, I'm not fighting it.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i use to think this way but now it's fukkin stupid. i hate that whole stigma that you aint truly pro black if your partner aint dark skinned or brown skinned. like we brehs we all black, its a zulu love and complexion dont mean a thing word to kendrick

:yeshrug::yeshrug:

people need to get that willie lynch bullshyt out of they head and start uniting with their brothers and sisters no matter their skin complexion.

:ufdup::ufdup:

because people confuse their own insecurities and inferiority complex with taking a stand :manny:

Playa With Tha Passport

Mr International
Daps
Reppin
University City
I one starred and neg repped without reading the post because I thought it was gonna be dumb :snoop:

I actually feel him. The best mindset is a black person who might have a particular shade preference but is ultimately indifferent to how dark or light their black companion is. I prefer brown/dark brown skin for sure, but if a girl who is lighter skin vibes with me, I'm not fighting it.

So why would you neg him :what:

31Flavors

Guilty Pleasure
Daps
:snoop: at generalizing light skinned blacks when you would take issue if someone generalized dark skinned blacks. You talk about places like South Africa, well the colorism issues are much more pronounced in those kind of places because of attitudes like yours. The c00ns are the light skinned blacks who agree with you that they aren't the same as you. So they have no problem aligning themselves with the system that privileges them over you despite the fact that the powers that be ultimately sees you both as the same. Amerikkka is the "slight exception" because lightskinned or "mixed" people aren't considered a separate race. Again, if mixed people are perceived to be a separate race then there's no reason for them to align themselves to any pro black agenda.

Pro-black simply means being pro people who are classified as black. Period. Are lighter skinned blacks privileged over darker blacks in societies controlled by white supremacy? Yes. Does that make them not black? No. Blacks who have bought into white supremacy and perpetuate it themselves come in all complexions. The blacks who buy into white supremacy are c00ns regardless of their complexion. That includes blacks with attitudes like yours.
People generalize darkskin black people all the time. If what they're saying is accurate, I shrug it off usually. I've seen enough from lightskinned people. The majority of my experiences with them have been negative. They have a negative track record outside of America when interacting with darkskinned blacks. Their presence leads to descension in black communities. They could go away and I wouldnt really care. Their identity issues is not my problem nor is it the problem of any real black people. Same thing goes for Horners in Northeast Africa and Caribbean Latinos like PRs/DRs. I dont care what these groups identify as because their identity issues isnt my problem. They all have terrible track records when dealing when real black people and I want them gone

You're either lightskinned or like lightskinned women. Which is it?

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
pro black people frown upon a brother datin a light skinned or mixed sister but be promotin and want to be like/inspired by Malcolm X who is also mixed race. i seen on a pro black page where they called mixed people not black and worthless to the black community but then praised Malcolm. people are hypocritical.
Malcolm X had a black parent and a mixed parent so he is black not mixed.

UnoVon

Pro
Daps
Africans are the most genetically diverse group of people on the planet, so define "African" features? A light skinned person is still a Black person at the end of the day, genetically.
What does that have do with nikkas that look like Cortland Finnegan, Blake Griffin and Zach Levine? Light skin people aren't really "black" but they do tend to lean more towards the black side than anything else because our DNA is so strong so we tend to consider them as being "black" even though they don't really look "African" and even then you got different types of light skin, you got the ones with African hair, African lips and an African nose, then you got Tinashe who don't have any of those. They're basically a sub-category of black, so they are and aren't black.

Plus who said it's not pro black to date light skin people? That could only apply to them color struck redbone only lovers, them nikkas are weird...smh. I think it should apply to girls that prefer darksin/lightskin over brownskin to...brownskin gang we out here but nobody ever talks about us on the internet.:mjcry: