why do people assume its not pro black to date Light Skinned/Mixed people ?

Daps
Insecurity can be something else.
giphy.gif

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
I am miserable

With where black people are at in the world right now, there's no reason for me to be happy. There's nothing funny being target practice for whites and Hispanics in America or being finessed out of our natural resources by Chinese and Arabs in Africa. I am extremely miserable and every day, I spend hours thinking about how I can help turn this dumpster fire around.
And how do you plan to go about that while being so divisive within your community?:jbhmm:

Gravity

Banned
Daps
As I said earlier in the thread, it's about appearance not your ethnic background. Rihanna isnt mulatto looking. And she doesnt have a white parent, she has a white grandparent but she's brownskinned so I consider her black despite her heritage

I'm not against aligning with lightskinned people for mutual political benefits or "black" unity. We're just talking semantics here. In reality, Lightskinned people exist. They're going to continue to latch onto us like leeches. It is what it is. I dont associate with lightskinned people and I go out of my way to ignore them in social contexes. They dont have the same right to be in the black community or any black society as someone who isnt mulatto looking but I'll tolerate their presence whenever we come together for political reasons
:mjlol: at Rhianna being brown skinned. Rhianna is the epitome of a "red bone". She has even talked about being teased by other black girls for being biracial in one of those national interviews that she did.

The bottom line is that shyt you're talking is counterproductive to any kind of black unity. You sound insecure and defeated.

48and0

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
From the time darkskinned black girls were young, they've been told subconsciously that their appearance is inferior. Hollywood, The Music Industry, Social Media,etc places white women, asian women, latina women and lightskinned black women on a pedestal. Those groups are all over the place. The majority of women (regardless of race) feel that their sole worth is based entirely on their appearance so for darkskinned girls, when other races of men use them as a punchline and when their own race of men is drooling over every type of women except them, it stings...A LOT. I know. I've seen it first hand so this is why I have just a strong dislike of you dudes who jump through hoops putting women who dont even look like you on a pedestal. You're saying by proxy that you prefer lightskin. It doesnt matter if you would date a darkskinned girl. All they see in the moment is some darkskinned dude with his busted lightskinned chick on his side.
tumblr_mn43kjps7k1qmxhobo1_500.gif

31Flavors

Guilty Pleasure
Daps
:mjlol: at Rhianna being brown skinned. Rhianna is the epitome of a "red bone". She has even talked about being teased by other black girls for being biracial in one of those national interviews that she did.

The bottom line is that shyt you're talking is counterproductive to any kind of black unity. You sound insecure and defeated.
Actually, it's not

People are the most unified when they're as homogenous (culturally and appearance wise) as possible. Obviously, we were ethnically heterogenous when we stepped off the boats from Africa but it's been proven that people are the most unified when they can relate to people who they are unifying with. I cant relate to someone who looks like Steph Curry.

1 other person

Superstar
Daps

Nah. But she not that dark tho

Michael9100

The Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
houston
Most of the "black" slave owners were actually mixed race....

.....you want to know why that aaliyah movie wasn't good? they casted a mixed woman to play the role.... mixed people don't have "soul" like we do....