why do people assume its not pro black to date Light Skinned/Mixed people ?

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This quote here does not make sense, it will be more or less regional union. Since each region have more cultural similarities, but then again that still can be problematic, given the politics in each country.

Nothig in life worth having is easy. The AU should strive to become like the EU, with all its benefits to security and prosperity. Free migration should be allowed across African regions whenever possible and access to markets should be stressed so that, for example, Nigerians can sell their ingenuity and wares in Ghana, Congo and even Sudan. Jobs and capital will flow through the tremendous untapped market potential of Africa and all will benefit. The Europeans and Asians will cower too as Africans ramp up their security and put an end to successive losses, embarassments and genocides committed by Europeans, Arabs, etc.

Sure, there will be challenges, political and otherwise, but if the Europeans were able to do it, Africans can too. If peoples like your North Sudanese do not wish to parlay with their fellow Africans, they should be free to go their own way. Let them grovel under the Arabs, like they have been doing anyway. The Southern Sudanese will surely join and hopefully gain the power to one day reclaim their lost Northern land.

@Clean Cut

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it is to a degree but it's not an exact science

Big Daddy Kane and his brother (same parents)

anBNhvF.jpg

RiAP36C.jpg

7DjNQe1.jpg

the complexion difference is big considering BDK has a rich chocolate complexion

Like I said "generally". There are exceptions. Your pointing them out does nothing to hurt my points; it just means you're reaching.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
noone willing to prove otherwise about these people influencing Garvey?:sas2::pachaha:
You stated the black power movement is lead by AAs, we all follow it globally when it itself spawned from Pan Africanism which has been going on since you lot were slaves. :snoop:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
the point is like Garvey said, Jamaican's were running away from "blackness". In his words, people as black as him wanted to be white. His wife was a mixed type discovered black pride in the USA not Jamaica.:ehh:
Yeah I get that, I was just saying that Jamaica is more like America than Africa, so the fact that Jamaicans would share similar racial identity issues as AAs isn't surprising. Neither is the fact that they find black pride in the US, as they all came over on the same ships, and America was a much larger, and consequently more ideologically active, place than Jamaica. Africa had a totally different dynamic at play.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Directly from your link
Pan-Africanism stresses the need for "collective self-reliance".[5][non-primary source needed] Pan-Africanism exists as a governmental andgrassroots objective. Pan-African advocates include leaders such as Haile Selassie, Ahmed Sekou Toure, Kwame Nkrumah andMuammar Gaddafi, grassroots organizers

the awakening of many of these men came after their visits from africa. they brought the concept to america. :heh:

In 1972 I visited Ghana during the first of what were to be eighteen trips to Africa over the next twenty years. UCLA had graciously consented to allow me to visit Africa in my capacity as the Director of the Center for Afro-American Studies. When I finally reached the library at the University of Ghana, Legon, I asked the librarian whether my book The Rhetoric of Black Revolution had reached his campus. He replied, “Yes, but I thought the author Arthur Smith was an Englishman.” He could not understand how a person with an African phenotype could have an English name or so it seemed to me. Nevertheless, it was a profound encounter for an African American. I vowed then and there that I would change my name. The name Arthur L. Smith, Jr., inherited from my father, has been betrayed by the dungeon of my American experience. Soon thereafter I took the Sotho name Molefi, which means “One who gives and keeps the traditions” and the Asante last name Asante from the Twi language. My father was elated.[14]

Keep thinking you're leaders breh.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Most AAs have been educated by the American system which purposely distorts or ignores the history and development of the African continent, so I don't really blame them. They think Africans were some docile, inert people who were only energized when Malcolm and Dubois came to the scene, not knowing that we were fighting for (and winning) independence long before the Black Power movement in America, and our movements weren't even really looking at AAs that heavy. There was definitely some cross cultural intermingling between AAs and Africans, but AAs are blowing up their importance a lil bit :heh:. How can they say they gave us black nationalism when they don't even have a nation? AAs didn't have a seat at the OAU conference, they weren't there at the Bandung conference, they weren't there at the AAPC. There are definitely prominent AA thinkers that helped to shape ideology, but the idea that they fathered these movements and gave us the idea of pride is :mjlol:

are you going to try to argue against the global influence/scale of the Afram movement?

“It was incredible how my head was turned,” Kuti told the New York Times in 1987. “Everything fell into place. For the first time, I saw the essence of blackism. It’s crazy; in the States people think the black power movement drew inspiration from Africa. All these Americans come over here looking for awareness, they don’t realize they’re the ones who’ve got it over there. We were even ashamed to go around in national dress until we saw pictures of blacks wearing dashikis on 125th street.”

>Fela Kuti and traditional African religion

CvO31TL.jpg

EPRgxEh.jpg

wYCNkO9.jpg

6CRNycU.jpg

U8UgcKh.jpg

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Directly from your link

the same link

grassroots organizers such as Marcus Garvey and Malcolm X, academics such as W. E. B. Du Bois, and others in the diaspora

the awakening of many of these men came after their visits from africa. they brought the concept to america. :heh:

Keep thinking you're leaders breh.

the shyt you just quoted is from a more recent person

Molefi Kete Asante - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...not from the days of WEB Dubois and Garvey:mjlol:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
are you going to try to argue against the global influence/scale of the Afram movement?

“It was incredible how my head was turned,” Kuti told the New York Times in 1987. “Everything fell into place. For the first time, I saw the essence of blackism. It’s crazy; in the States people think the black power movement drew inspiration from Africa. All these Americans come over here looking for awareness, they don’t realize they’re the ones who’ve got it over there. We were even ashamed to go around in national dress until we saw pictures of blacks wearing dashikis on 125th street.”

>Fela Kuti and traditional African religion

CvO31TL.jpg

EPRgxEh.jpg

wYCNkO9.jpg

6CRNycU.jpg

U8UgcKh.jpg

I love Fela, but his experience doesn't square up with the majority of pro-African movements. He should know better too, because the Ransome-Kuti's were one of the most politically prominent families in Nigeria, and the rest of them didn't have to go to America to gain racial pride or consciousness. Fela came to activism through music though, so I can understand why America would have been particularly enlightening to him.