why do people assume its not pro black to date Light Skinned/Mixed people ?

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
from 1998..here is more recent ones
How Mixed Are African Americans?

Admixture among African Americans is variable and dependent on the individual. Studies on AA genetics are flawed because there are people with little black ancestry whom identify as black (which further shows how ridiculous American racial norms are). Moreover AAs to the South are more black than AAs to the north. Darker AAs are more black than lighter ones. And so on and so forth.

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even in the Carribean, we called light skin people and mixed people in our classes "white" or "half breed". A half Indian person is called a "dougla", and so on and so forth. This is because most everyone in the black Carribean is black, and so anyone who deviates is obvious. I bet in Africa they would call someone like Beyonce "white" or "mixed".There is no reason to denigrate black in all-black environments and apply white racial standards where black people dominate. If AAs were not surrounded by whites, their racial norms wouldn't be so perverse. They would not so willing debase the black race.
:ohlawd:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
We have an AU. You're not apart of it...why do you think that is? Every african nation is apart of it, but you lot are not. why?

AU stands for African Union in case you didn't know. Africa could be a single country and you still have far more to deal with where you are before you can cross back the Atlantic.
Yet despite having an AU Africa still isnt unified.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Yet despite having an AU Africa still isnt unified.
The AU is an indication of unification, it's a trade, military and economic unison. If you're talking about internal tribal affairs or conflicts, name a region which isn't?

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
196157.gif

it's true:francis:

Garvey on jamaica
52HN0a8.jpg

On the concept of "Blackness" in Jamaica

............isn't it telling that Garvey's wife learned to embrace "blackness" in the USA and not Jamaica:jbhmm:

1x6eECY.jpg

Stuart Hall (Jamaican)

Stuart Hall (cultural theorist) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

..say "black" wasn't used in Jamaica until the 1970's, right around the time of the Civil Right and BlackPower in the USA:jbhmm:

h8z61Rf.jpg

c4AbUU2.jpg

1zUCb06.jpg

Le5cPTf.jpg

when "black" became an identity in Jamaica

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Its an indication that some want unification. Doesnt mean that Africa is unified.
Which 2 countries are currently fighting each other? Last I checked....zero. Last I checked all neighbouring countries had trade deals with one another. South Africa is the only problem child. *cough* wonder why.

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
Even in the Carribean, we called light skin people and mixed people in our classes "white" or "half breed". A half Indian person is called a "dougla", and so on and so forth. This is because most everyone in the black Carribean is black, and so anyone who deviates is obvious. I bet in Africa they would call someone like Beyonce "white" or "mixed".There is no reason to denigrate black in all-black environments and apply white racial standards where black people dominate. If AAs were not surrounded by whites, their racial norms wouldn't be so perverse. They would not so willing debase the black race.

I cannot believe you gentlemen is still having this conversation, because it serve not purpose, besides going in circle. I reckoned it depends on the country, Rod. Beyonce would not be considered white by a long shot, maybe in other countries in Africa, even among southern Sudanese many will think she is a Northerner until she say otherwise.

Hell this girl in the far left in blue reminds me of beyonce. No where in East Africa or North Africa Beyonce would be considered "white". By a long shot. However we do have terms in describing individual skin colors, which makes sense due to the skin color diversity, but you have descriptive terms in many African groups, so this should not be any surprise.

2r6h2lu.jpg

The girl in the far left looks similiar to Beyonce.

Last edited:

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
it's true:francis:

Garvey on jamaica
52HN0a8.jpg

On the concept of "Blackness" in Jamaica

............isn't it telling that Garvey's wife learned to embrace "blackness" in the USA and not Jamaica:jbhmm:

1x6eECY.jpg

Stuart Hall (Jamaican)

Stuart Hall (cultural theorist) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

..say "black" wasn't used in Jamaica until the 1970's, right around the time of the Civil Right and BlackPower in the USA:jbhmm:

h8z61Rf.jpg

c4AbUU2.jpg

1zUCb06.jpg

Le5cPTf.jpg

when "black" became an identity in Jamaica

Marcus Garvey was influenced by Haile Selassie, Queen Nzinga and Kwame Nkrumah :snoop:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Admixture among African Americans is variable and dependent on the individual. Studies on AA genetics are flawed because there are people with little black ancestry whom identify as black (which further shows how ridiculous American racial norms are).

That's why Aframs have a wide ranging spectrum. The studies aren't flawed because the people they're testing identify as "aframs".

Moreover AAs to the South are more black than AAs to the north. Darker AAs are more black than lighter ones. And so on and so forth.

Not always or quite true

angela-bassett-afro.jpg

Her DNA shows 77% SubSaharan (32% Nigerian, 15% Benin/Togo & more) 21% European & Native American.

tumblr_mb1ommylz01r01s07o1_500.jpg

t test shows 82% Sub-Saharan, 13% European and others

Nas Bassett Jarrett

Last edited:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am OK with African Americans considering whom they want as black American. It is their "ethnicity" and so their right to determine whomever they want. However what I am not OK with is African Americans twisting the definition of black race and variously debasing it to suit their personal confusion. The black race itself is older than African Americans, older then America, and older than the white Americans whom seek to destroy it. Let it be what it is and always has been (and if you must do anything to do it, do so quietly).

What some men do not realize is that black people and men are born free, neither indebted nor enslaved nor defined by the white man's chicanery, perversions and ill plans. Those steadfast ideological chains which whip black people to the non-black man's agenda and benefit. So to those of us whom are born free, without the white man's anvil hanging over our heads, the anvil hanging over yours--forcing you to debase your kind so that you may survive--is maddening.

I understand why AAs do it, for I am American too, but it disheartens me nevertheless. Unity is better than destruction, after all.

Last edited:

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
We have an AU. You're not apart of it...why do you think that is? Every african nation is apart of it, but you lot are not. why?

AU stands for African Union in case you didn't know. Africa could be a single country and you still have far more to deal with where you are before you can cross back the Atlantic.

Africa could be a single country.

This quote here does not make sense, it will be more or less regional union. Since each region have more cultural similarities, but then again that still can be problematic, given the politics in each country.