why do people assume its not pro black to date Light Skinned/Mixed people ?

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
It's insane. You can tell who have ZERO african studies under their belt by statements like that.
Most AAs have been educated by the American system which purposely distorts or ignores the history and development of the African continent, so I don't really blame them. They think Africans were some docile, inert people who were only energized when Malcolm and Dubois came to the scene, not knowing that we were fighting for (and winning) independence long before the Black Power movement in America, and our movements weren't even really looking at AAs that heavy. There was definitely some cross cultural intermingling between AAs and Africans, but AAs are blowing up their importance a lil bit :heh:. How can they say they gave us black nationalism when they don't even have a nation? AAs didn't have a seat at the OAU conference, they weren't there at the Bandung conference, they weren't there at the AAPC. There are definitely prominent AA thinkers that helped to shape ideology, but the idea that they fathered these movements and gave us the idea of pride is :mjlol:

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
This quote here does not make sense, it will be more or less regional union. Since each region have more cultural similarities, but then again that still can be problematic, given the politics in each country.
I was explaining that even if his utopia came true, where is his organization ready to collaborate with the unified Africa?

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Which 2 countries are currently fighting each other? Last I checked....zero. Last I checked all neighbouring countries had trade deals with one another. South Africa is the only problem child. *cough* wonder why.
Looking at the politics in each country, you sure there is untiy? :sas2:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Marcus Garvey was influenced by Haile Selassie, Queen Nzinga and Kwame Nkrumah :snoop:

and "mixed breed" african americans like

126019-004-29B82CEA.jpg

Booker T Washington

dun264.jpg

Henry Mcneal

Woodson-Lewis.jpg

Lewis woodson

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
it's true:francis:

Garvey on jamaica
52HN0a8.jpg

On the concept of "Blackness" in Jamaica

............isn't it telling that Garvey's wife learned to embrace "blackness" in the USA and not Jamaica:jbhmm:

1x6eECY.jpg

Stuart Hall (Jamaican)

Stuart Hall (cultural theorist) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

..say "black" wasn't used in Jamaica until the 1970's, right around the time of the Civil Right and BlackPower in the USA:jbhmm:

h8z61Rf.jpg

c4AbUU2.jpg

1zUCb06.jpg

Le5cPTf.jpg

when "black" became an identity in Jamaica

I'm not too familiar with Jamaican history, but it was a colony like America was. Black people were brought there, they weren't native. Africa is the native land of black people. We didn't have to look to AAs to gain pride or the drive to decolonize. We were natives under the boot of foreign invaders. In America and Jamaica, AAs are foreigners.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's why Aframs have a wide ranging spectrum. The studies aren't flawed because the people they're resting identify as "aframs".

Not always or quite true

angela-bassett-afro.jpg

Her DNA shows 77% SubSaharan (32% Nigerian, 15% Benin/Togo & more) 21% European & Native American.

tumblr_mb1ommylz01r01s07o1_500.jpg

t test shows 82% Sub-Saharan, 13% European and others

Nas Bassett Jarrett

It is generally true as reported by study. Skin color is correlated with black ancestry.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Most AAs have been educated by the American system which purposely distorts or ignores the history and development of the African continent, so I don't really blame them. They think Africans were some docile, inert people who were only energized when Malcolm and Dubois came to the scene, not knowing that we were fighting for (and winning) independence long before the Black Power movement in America, and our movements weren't even really looking at AAs that heavy. There was definitely some cross cultural intermingling between AAs and Africans, but AAs are blowing up their importance a lil bit :heh:. How can they say they gave us black nationalism when they don't even have a nation? AAs didn't have a seat at the OAU conference, they weren't there at the Bandung conference, they weren't there at the AAPC. There are definitely prominent AA thinkers that helped to shape ideology, but the idea that they fathered these movements and gave us the idea of pride is :mjlol:
Too much truth.
full

One of them is going to cry now. :mjcry:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I cannot believe you gentlemen is still having this conversation, because it serve not purpose, besides going in circle. I reckoned it depends on the country, Rod. Beyonce would not be considered white by a long shot, maybe in other countries in Africa, even among southern Sudanese many will think she is a Northerner until she say otherwise.

Hell this girl in the far left in blue reminds me of beyonce. No where in East Africa or North Africa Beyonce would be considered "white". By a long shot. However we do have terms in describing individual skin colors, which makes sense due to the skin color diversity, but you have descriptive terms in many African groups, so this should not be any surprise.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2r6h2lu.jpg

The girl in the far left looks similiar to Beyonce.

........if you listen to these people, they'll try to convince you Sudanese/Sahelians/Horners aren't really "africans":mjlol:

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
That's why Aframs have a wide ranging spectrum. The studies aren't flawed because the people they're resting identify as "aframs".

Not always or quite true

angela-bassett-afro.jpg

Her DNA shows 77% SubSaharan (32% Nigerian, 15% Benin/Togo & more) 21% European & Native American.

tumblr_mb1ommylz01r01s07o1_500.jpg

t test shows 82% Sub-Saharan, 13% European and others

Nas Bassett Jarrett
None of these people are biracials/coloureds. Even in South Africa they would be considered black. A coloured and a black person creating a child would be considered black.

You're the one who stated a black and white person creates a black person, once the argument started rolling you started brining up people with admixtures such as W.E.B.

You even argue like the vampire neanderthals, so I already know you're a biracial.

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
........if you listen to these people, they'll try to convince you Sudanese/Sahelians/Horners aren't really "africans":mjlol:

What is funny that supposedly look is not restricted to the regions you mentioned. Many(definitely not all) Kikuyus in Kenya, Masai, Tutsi has this appearance. At one time i was ignorant about this, until i started talking to other Africans both online and meeting many in the real world, so like everywhere else it varies among individual. Although there are norms in each country, which i will never deny.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I'm not too familiar with Jamaican history, but it was a colony like America was. Black people were brought there, they weren't native. Africa is the native land of black people. We didn't have to look to AAs to gain pride or the drive to decolonize. We were natives under the boot of foreign invaders. In America and Jamaica, AAs are foreigners.

the point is like Garvey said, Jamaican's were running away from "blackness". In his words, people as black as him wanted to be white. His wife was a mixed type discovered black pride in the USA not Jamaica.:ehh:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
What is funny that supposedly look is not restricted to the regions you mentioned. Many(definitely not all) Kikuyus in Kenya, Masai, Tutsi has this appearance. At one time i was ignorant about this, until i started talking to other Africans both online and meeting many in the real world, so like everywhere else it varies among individual. Although there are norms in each country, which i will never deny.

Yes Im aware..I just mentioned those places only because it's more common in them. Alot of the people in kenya are bantu/nilotic/cushytic hybrids