why do people assume its not pro black to date Light Skinned/Mixed people ?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hes not to far off from a lightskin black,with "full" black parents is the point. Many black americans have people that complexion in our own families. A healthy portion of biracials come out darker as well. Whites swallowing blacks would work if most of our unions with them resulted in rashida jones

tumblr_n0wott43BB1tskpy1o1_500.jpg

A woman whom, white society openly lets play white roles, and is generally accepted as white by whites. Unfortunately for them 95% of biracial offspring dont, it wouldnt end well for them

The one drop rule was a way for whites to move the goal post as it pertains to their weaker genetics. If our genes were weaker, biracials would be accepted as white(albeit maybe in a ethnic white- italian,irish,slavic etc case). And blacks would never hear the end of it on their "superior genes"

the one drop rule was a way for whites to keep their group exclusive, while keeping wealth within white hands. either way, it would be smart if y'all looked beyond the first generation. if you have a white mother/father, the odds of you procreating with a white person drastically increases.

i could post the blake griffins, paula pattons, halle berrys, even rashida jones; they all swing white. so it doesn't matter how superior and potent you feel black genes are in the long run.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
he looks undeniably black

The ones that went on to live as "white" and hid their background, no doubt are "white" people today just like the ones that stayed "black" are part of the black community.

you still mad @ the reality fair skinned blacks:mjlol:
everyone looks undeniably black to you.

naacp-founders.jpg

amd-jealous-jpg.jpg

these people are undeniably black to you

Gravity

Banned
Daps
That "generational wealth" shyt is a deflection. The "mixed ain't black" crowd loves to move the goal post to IR dating. People can't control how they got here. Just because you recognize that biracials are black doesn't mean that you support IR. Thats a straw man. People say that biracials can be used as weapons against the community ignoring the fact that they become weapons once they buy into the system of white supremacy. The ones who don't buy into the system of white supremacy can be used as a weapon against it. It's the same for blacks not seen as mixed which is why arguing over skin tone and genetic makeup is a waste of time. Mindest is much more important than skin tone.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The one drop rule isn't really what's being talked about in this thread though,
This discussion is about "black people without african features" and "light skinned people not being real black people regardless of heritage"

We have clear examples in other countries of what happens when lighter skinned and ethically mixed persons are considered a separate group and it's not a positive thing for the blacks in those countries.

I would be interested in hearing your tons of negatives though. I'm sure that there's things I haven't thought of.
well if we're talking about the one drop rule, here's some cons:

- misrepresentation in media and politics
- jobs and opportunities going towards half whites or rachel dolezals of the world
- opening up the gates towards breeding your bloodline out
- wealth accumulated also going towards whites
- promoting unobtainable beauty standards for black girls
- creating and claiming a group that will continuously ride the fence of blackness when convenient

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
. People can't control how they got here. Just because you recognize that biracials are black doesn't mean that you support IR.

that's exactly what you're doing though. how do you love the fruit, but hate the tree that bared it?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"blackness" is a state of mind based in being of black african descent regardless of features
so basically anyone can be black since it's just a "state of mind" and most whites have a percentage of african heritage

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
the one drop rule was a way for whites to keep their group exclusive, while keeping wealth within white hands. either way, it would be smart if y'all looked beyond the first generation. if you have a white mother/father, the odds of you procreating with a white person drastically increases.

i could post the blake griffins, paula pattons, halle berrys, even rashida jones; they all swing white. so it doesn't matter how superior and potent you feel black genes are in the long run.
Most of these people are seen as black. The overwhelming majority of biracials look and swing black in and out of entertainment.

Like i said, if biracials looked more white, they would have eventually been accepted into the white community in the same fashion as the jews,italians,irish etc
The thing is they dont, they look black. Thus absorbed in the black community

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Most of these people are seen as black. The overwhelming majority of biracials look and swing black in and out of entertainment.

Like i said, if biracials looked more white, they would have eventually been accepted into the white community in the same fashion as the jews,italians,irish etc
The thing is they dont, they look black. Thus absorbed in the black community

biracials usually look like a combination of both parents. i've yet to see many examples of a black person procreating with whites, and their offspring looking just like their black parent

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
well if we're talking about the one drop rule, here's some cons:

- misrepresentation in media and politics
- jobs and opportunities going towards half whites or rachel dolezals of the world
- opening up the gates towards breeding your bloodline out
- wealth accumulated also going towards whites
- promoting unobtainable beauty standards for black girls
- creating and claiming a group that will continuously ride the fence of blackness when convenient

but were not talking about the one drop rule. i said that in my post. Thats a completely different topic.
we are talking about lightskinned blacks and blacks without African features.

reading your cons i want to know which of those would actually be better for "real Black people" [according to some posters in this thread] if you seperate any lightskinned Black or Black without African features[ that are decided by some arbitrary super Black panel apparently] and make them a seperate group?

wake up tommorow and boom
every biracial [no matter the look] every MGM person [no matter the look] and every lightskinned person or person thats lighter than the "approved Black shade"
is gone, cant refer to themselves as Black, arent considered Black,

where does that help The Black people that are left?