why do people assume its not pro black to date Light Skinned/Mixed people ?

cam>

All Star
Daps
historically, black leaders who publicly pay lipservice to the beauty of African peoples, the importance of black love, and the need to decolonize our minds personally chased and took mates who approximated whiteness.

many socially conscious black people can intellectually understand the colour caste system (how it started, how it's perpetuated, its consequence etc), but cannot or will not let that knowledge guide their personal lives.

taking a light skinned black mate grants you two social benefits interracially and intraracially.

1. you evade charges of being a sell-out or c00n, bc your partner is nonetheless still black
2. the pride of having a mate that white supremacy deems is more beautiful and valuable

there's no shortage of conscious black folks who've internalized the white gaze, and pine for less-african features.

Last edited:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
mixed and biracial people have been a part of the AA dynamic since the beginning of our history. They are in fact AA
AA to many = BLACK and Black=AA. Thus in the context of the AA, biracials are classified as black

Cats from places outside the USA, in africa,from the caribbean etc might see things completely different
i'm in the US and see things differently. :yeshrug: whites lumped them into the black community because they knew how harmful it would be. basically making the black community a dumping ground for everyones bi-racial run off. they get to keep their race exclusive, keep wealth in their communities, while diluting what it means to be black.

yeah, biracials have been historically classified as african american. but that shyt will change when they get their numbers up.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
generational wealth is simply money that can be passed on to the next generation. most blacks aren't even getting enough for a car and education by their parents, so i think we're just going to have to agree to disagree.
Yep we will definitely have to agree to disagree cause that's not my view and many others view of it at all.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
i'm in the US and see things differently. :yeshrug: whites lumped them into the black community because they knew how harmful it would be. basically making the black community a dumping ground for everyones bi-racial run off. they get to keep their race exclusive, keep wealth in their communities, while diluting what it means to be black.

yeah, biracials have been historically classified as african american. but that shyt will change when they get their numbers up.

Its really not how me or you see it. It is what it is. Biracials aesthetically favor people who descend from two black parents nine times out of ten. The whole one drop rule was a chess move by whites to hide the fact that their genetics were generally weaker when it comes to race mixing. The very few that favor there caucasian side actually are accepted by whites. But thats not the case most of the time

Black america was tried and tested with this whole thing over a hundred years ago. When the creole/mulattoe class influence was thwarted by the northern affluent "full" blacks. If Black america was going to go the way of brazil, it would have happened a long time ago. @IllmaticDelta might have some more insight on this

hatechall

Banned
Daps
Reppin
universe
Well, if a Black person accepts the fact that a Black man cannot be pro-Black if he marries a white and has bi-racial offspring, he must logically conclude that his reasoning is largely based off the fact that the offspring won't be Black, right? IE, bi-racials aren't Black?

My only gripe is people saying light skinned folks (not biracial, but just light skinned Blacks) aren't Black.

Pro-Black simply means you want to promote the advancement of Black people. Being offended by anti-Black racism =/= pro-Black, as ending racism or stopping racial genocide where it concerns Blacks is only part of the whole spectrum of Black advancement. From promoting Black-Black relationships to maintaining our lands, history, and self-identity. Basic stuff that is constantly attacked and stolen by other races we should protect AND build upon. Now I think part of our lack in this world is due to a lack of Black scientists in comparison to other races. So I try to promote the need for Black scientists anywhere I can, try to tutor young Blacks to get them interested in math, statistics, or any STEM related career, etc...

Promoting the advancement of black people is a pretty vague concept:patrice:

One could argue that integrated schools are good for promoting the advancement of black people, since the black-white test score gap in reading and math was cut in half at the height of integration.

Is integrating schools pro-black?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
re-read what i said:

too many black folks are only interested in "the now" and their own well-being. everything said here:

is the same exact reasoning many black folks use to avoid sacrificing now, for the betterment of the next generation. there's not enough forethought in the black community. same way nikkas think claiming any and everyone with a hint of afro features is a good idea.
Breh that don't have shyt to do with light skin, dark skin and mixed

My god. Look at broke white people. What's their excuse? What about broke blacks in other countries?

When you ain't got no damn money... You can give two fukks about generational wealth or any other wealth.

You trying to figure out how to heat this apt with no electricity and shyt. Not about a damn 401k

It's like if all is said fukk anything other than jet black, we'd suddenly assemble and do better.

We won't.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its really not how me or you see it. It is what it is. Biracials aesthetically favor people who descend from two black parents nine times out of ten. The whole one drop rule was a chess move by whites to hide the fact that their genetics were generally weaker when it comes to race mixing. The very few that favor there caucasian side actually are accepted by whites. But thats not the case most of the time

Black america was tried and tested with this whole thing over a hundred years ago. When the creole/mulattoe class influence was thwarted by the northern affluent "full" blacks. If Black america was going to go the way of brazil, it would have happened a long time ago. @IllmaticDelta might have some more insight on this

the only reason we claim biracials favoring blacks aesthetically is because we've stretched the definition of what "black" looks like. take this kid for instance:

I4CjISl.jpg

does he look black? many of you all would say yeah. but to me, he looks like a direct combination of both parents. that whole genetics being weaker stuff doesn't amount to shyt when we're 12% of the population. the white race could swallow all 40 million blacks, whole, and spit out a green eyed, olive skinned cac.

as for the affluent biracial buffer class, i'm willing to bet most of their descendants are classified as white today. @IllmaticDelta will prove that, when he comes in here claiming people like this:

naacp-founders.jpg

as black

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Where your generational wealth at fam? fukk you stupid nikkas keep saying this for when none of y'all kicking this have any generational wealth yourselves without doing/thinking like everybody else according to y'all. What is y'all point in using that phrase when y'all don't have it yourselves?
Not only don't have any. Don't even have it set up so the kids they have/will have, have any

Do you know how much you gotta fukking have to pass down wealth instead of debt?

Not generational 100k. WEALTH

As if .5% of the money is any type of wealth to pass down

As if the wealthy blacks aren't passing down money.

We are looking at broke blacks. Saying they ain't passing down the wealth. As if they ever had it. While ignoring the millions of blacks who pass down their money.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh that don't have shyt to do with light skin, dark skin and mixed

My god. Look at broke white people. What's their excuse? What about broke blacks in other countries?

When you ain't got no damn money... You can give two fukks about generational wealth or any other wealth.

You trying to figure out how to heat this apt with no electricity and shyt. Not about a damn 401k

It's like if all is said fukk anything other than jet black, we'd suddenly assemble and do better.

We won't.

what about broke whites? they wasted the privilege their white skin affords them. i'm not saying rejecting the one drop rule will suddenly create generational wealth. i'm saying the same "living in the now, who cares about the future of our race" mindset, DIRECTLY carries over to how blacks feel about sacrificing for the next generation.

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
what about broke whites? they wasted the privilege their white skin affords them. i'm not saying rejecting the one drop rule will suddenly create generational wealth. i'm saying the same mindset of "living in the now, who cares about the future of our race" mindset, DIRECTLY carries over to how blacks feel about sacrificing for the next generation.
With blacks marrying blacks at 88% and entire continents of us out in the world......

Do you honestly believe our future is in jeopardy numbers wise??

Honest question

Moshe.

All Star
Daps
Promoting the advancement of black people is a pretty vague concept:patrice:

One could argue that integrated schools are good for promoting the advancement of black people, since the black-white test score gap in reading and math was cut in half at the height of integration.

Is integrating schools a pro-black?

Integrated schools isn't advancement, in fact, I'd argue that integrated schools is regression. I've been saying since the first day I joined this site that, "Black kids should not be taught by non-Blacks", because a Black child that goes through the school system understanding and learning about the world through a white point-of-view actually disrupts his/her character and self-esteem in my opinion. They start to think, "these whites have all the answers", and that is a thought process ready for destroying that Black boy or girls identity and intellectual curiosity. Despite what you may hear from other self-hating Blacks, Black children are very curious young people and their creative capacities and identity should develop by and through the teachings of educated Blacks.
And looking at the history of Blacks after the civil war, they were actually building and competing with whites at a level we don't see today. The test-score gap probably would have been non-existent provided we kept moving on our way with our businesses, schools, family structure, etc... While that is conjecture on my part, I believe it to be the case.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
With blacks marrying blacks at 88% and entire continents of us out in the world......

Do you honestly believe our future is in jeopardy numbers wise??

Honest question
most blacks aren't getting married, first of all.

second, i'm not worried about africans. that's where you dudes miss me. y'all don't give a damn about the welfare of black americans, because you think it can all be replenished by africans. i'm focused on blacks that spent centuries enslaved, earning specific genetics, that shouldn't be diluted with other groups.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
:heh: please shut the fukk up. you don't know me from a can of paint. but since you insist:

13hhSaL.jpg

8u0t66y.jpg

even though i have no children, i understand that if i do have kids, they'll need a severe leg up in society. they wont start ground zero like most black people. so as much as you brag on your ivy league education and great career; where's your generational wealth?
I love seeing black men getting that legitimate money! :myman:

Moshe.

All Star
Daps
what about broke whites? they wasted the privilege their white skin affords them. i'm not saying rejecting the one drop rule will suddenly create generational wealth. i'm saying the same mindset of "living in the now, who cares about the future of our race" mindset, DIRECTLY carries over to how blacks feel about sacrificing for the next generation.

Thinking about the next generation directly impacts your personal future. I haven't done any research into this, but I do have it on good opinion that those that focus on the next generation tend to have better lives for themselves since they build their wealth, and some sort of business to pass down eventually.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thinking about the next generation directly impacts your personal future. I haven't done any research into this, but I do have it on good opinion that those that focus on the next generation tend to have better lives for themselves since they build their wealth, and some sort of business to pass down eventually.
oh most definitely. it's a meaningful sacrifice that pays off for every other group.

other groups inheriting businesses, property, bank accounts. while the younger generation of black folks are inheriting debt.