why do people assume its not pro black to date Light Skinned/Mixed people ?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I definitely agree with you here. A person can NEVER be pro-Black and marry a white, Asian, or Hispanic (non-Black) woman.
yeah, it's easier to get black folks to understand that. yet when it comes to the biracial offspring, all of a sudden, everyone wants first dibs. :mjpls:

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Yeah, not like you. Anyway this is irrelevant. Original man was not a light skin. That is no lie or misrepresentation. There is no scientific or logical consensus that the one drop rule is actually true. It is an American colloquial term from slavery; it doesn't hold any actual fact. You can't just twist the black race to suit your agenda. It is what it is like Asians are what they are.
The original man didn't look like you either.

Race isn't based on science. I'm not the one here twisting, you are. Race is the white man's concept. Africans have never seen themselves as one people. The white man said that we're all one people/race based on darker skin, kinky hair, ect. You're trying to twist the concept of race to mean what you want it to mean instead of what it actually is.

:heh: at "Asians are what they are". India is in Asia bruh. Asians are quite diverse in appearance culture and everything else.

GoldTeef

Sarranid Bleu
Daps
Reppin
Fooglies
and if you just click the first picture it says
"khoisan tribes southern africa carry eurasian DNA
Interesting article in addition Neanderthal DNA has also been found in the Yoruba due to back migration estimated to have occurred 3,000 YBP.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/afri...hern-africa-carry-eurasian.html#ixzz3u8WIcwOl

Its kinda common sense that lighter skinned black people have mixed heritage not tryna be divisive at all but the ignoring of facts just to be politically correct irks me.
We can never have a real conversation about race because of "context".
but its just better we all be cool with each other rather than argue

I've made a post about this before in this thread
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/all-non-africans-on-this-planet-are-part-neanderthal.195823/page-2

There are many african groups that have eurasian dna, the eurasians returned to africa through ethiopia and their genes spread throughout the continent.

hatechall

Banned
Daps
Reppin
universe
:patrice:What does it mean to be pro-black? This term is thrown around so carelessly that it's practically meaningless.

If being offended by anti-black racism is all it takes to be pro-black, I would say that virtually all black ppl are pro-black in some sense. Personally I don't believe that being offended, or even being outspoken against racism, makes a person pro-black.

To me, it means something along the lines of displaying a favoritism towards black ppl, in matters of business, education, marriage and family. By this definition, most black ppl are clearly not pro-black. There's no shame in that either. Such a way of life would require enormous sacrifices that most people won't make:manny:.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Alright, now that detour is over.

Is it pro-Black to date a light skinned person? Are light-skinned people Black? Are there light-skinned Black people in Africa?

Some of you really need to start doing some solo-research on your own.

Human skin color - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One of the reasons I am not necessarily like other pro-Blacks is I use common sense reasoning in my approach. Most of these guys are deluded, and on that colorism nonsense which I sure as hell don't take part in. Black people can be light, brown, chocolate, caramel, etc... That doesn't mean people with Black genetics aren't Black the further they get away from the pigment of the Black Crayola crayon. White supremacy has literally done a number on you pro-Blacks to the point a lot of you cannot think straight and end up alienating many of our people.

@Pifferry may be silly and child-like, but looking back, he does make a few valid points. I rarely interact with too many pro-Blacks, but interacting with a few of you on here is really making me think about defining what being pro-Black really means so we can weed some of you low-level thinking, illiterate, mentally challenged folks out. Some of you aren't pro-Black, you're just hurt children that hate your skin tone and want to alienate people that happen to be lighter than you are. IT is a weakness, and shows your lack of depth as a Black person, and a person more aligned with white supremacy than Black identity.
:patrice:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
dudes want to claim pro-black as they slowly exit out the backdoor--with a non-black wife, biracial kids, and damn near cac grand children

As it is, everyone only rocks the "urban", "black" banner when it's convenient to do so. Your grandchildren will no doubt claim white without a second thought. By procreating outside of your race, your actions are speaking louder than your words. You do not love your culture and probably don't love yourself.

It's also disgusting how these posters in this thread are quick to say that someone who is genetically majority non-black/african can somehow still be "black".

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
i'm barely 30, it's a damn good amount of generational wealth for my age. especially when i'm not even including property. in what century is close to half a mil NOT generational wealth?
This one. Fam you can't pass that on for generations are you shytting me? My parents house cost more than that. Look that's good money no doubt and great for you and continued success truly. Don't insult me or anybody else though by saying 400k is generational wealth. I'm pretty sure when/if you ask someone what generational wealth is damn near everybody isn't going to say 400-500k as the answer period.

GoldTeef

Sarranid Bleu
Daps
Reppin
Fooglies
dudes want to claim pro-black as they slowly exit out the backdoor--with a non-black wife, biracial kids, and damn near cac grand children

I definitely agree with you here. A person can NEVER be pro-Black and marry a white, Asian, or Hispanic (non-Black) woman.
Your thoughts on pro-blacks that date or marry non-white and non-black but dont want to bring mixed raced children into the world?

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
i don't see much of a difference, unless you're the type that's waiting on white folks to reclassify biracials/mixed folks in their own category.
mixed and biracial people have been a part of the AA dynamic since the beginning of our history. They are in fact AA
AA to many = BLACK and Black=AA. Thus in the context of the AA, biracials are classified as black

Cats from places outside the USA, in africa,from the caribbean etc might see things completely different

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This one. Fam you can't pass that on for generations are you shytting me? My parents house cost more than that. Look that's good money no doubt and great for you and continued success truly. Don't insult me or anybody else though by saying 400k is generational wealth. I'm pretty sure when/if you ask someone what generational wealth is damn near everybody isn't going to say 400-500k as the answer period.
generational wealth is simply money that can be passed on to the next generation. most blacks aren't even getting enough for a car and education by their parents, so i think we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Your thoughts on pro-blacks that date or marry non-white and non-black but dont want to bring mixed raced children into the world?
i find that better than the alternative. cus creating biracials is basically creating weapons to be later used against the black community.

Moshe.

All Star
Daps
yeah, it's easier to get black folks to understand that. yet when it comes to the biracial offspring, all of a sudden, everyone wants first dibs. :mjpls:

Well, if a Black person accepts the fact that a Black man cannot be pro-Black if he marries a white and has bi-racial offspring, he must logically conclude that his reasoning is largely based off the fact that the offspring won't be Black, right? IE, bi-racials aren't Black?

My only gripe is people saying light skinned folks (not biracial, but just light skinned Blacks) aren't Black.

:patrice:What does it mean to be pro-black? This term is thrown around so carelessly that it's practically meaningless.

If being offended by anti-black racism is all it takes to be pro-black, I would say that virtually all black ppl are pro-black in some sense. Personally I don't believe that being offended, or even being outspoken against racism, makes a person pro-black.

To me, it means something along the lines of displaying a favoritism towards black ppl, in matters of business, education, marriage and family. By this definition, most black ppl are clearly not pro-black. There's no shame in that either. Such a way of life would require enormous sacrifices that most people won't make:manny:.

Pro-Black simply means you want to promote the advancement of Black people. Being offended by anti-Black racism =/= pro-Black, as ending racism or stopping racial genocide where it concerns Blacks is only part of the whole spectrum of Black advancement. From promoting Black-Black relationships to maintaining our lands, history, and self-identity. Basic stuff that is constantly attacked and stolen by other races we should protect AND build upon. Now I think part of our lack in this world is due to a lack of Black scientists in comparison to other races. So I try to promote the need for Black scientists anywhere I can, try to tutor young Blacks to get them interested in math, statistics, or any STEM related career, etc...