Why do Most "Men" on the Coli think women benefit from divorce??

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Because tw majority of the time in divorce you are paying vaginamony, losing custody of your kids paying child support, the matrimonial home etc.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
This is exactly what I thought, no one thinks.

In most marriages between normal people the woman and man work. They live off of these two incomes for years.

When a divorce happen NO ONE benefits going from 2 incomes to 1.

Most divorces women dont even receive alimony.

Alimony is for when a man marries a woman and affords her the lifestyle to sit at home all day and not do anything.

So I ask again what logic are you guys using?

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Im talking everyday walk of life women.

This is always brought up in marriage threads.

"Im not letting a woman walk away with my shyt"

"Im not giving a woman half"

What logic are you guys using?

do you share this account with your wife?

sometimes you seem like a man, sometimes you seem like a woman.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
:wtf:

What logic are you using where the man doesn't, in most cases, give up assets and pay alimony to watch his ex-wife walk away?

I think what some people are saying if the woman has an job and receives child or spousal support if she can't make ends meet it's probably her own fault.

:what:

Because most of them do! :blink:

Exactly lol they might not be getting mil's but they ususally come out better than the male...

Even if the split of assets doesnt yield a lot. Alimony will over time.

Getting even one dollar from a divorce still means it benefited you.

This dude gots to be the dumbest nikka around here

its not about whether women benefit, its about men completely losing :sadcam:

:what:

Chris Rock said it best.

If you wife takes half of 30 million :manny: You'll live.

If you wife takes half of $30,000....you might have to kill the bytch :damn:

If Divorce is such an raw deal for women. Why are like 80% of divorces initiated by women?

Please refer to post 17:leostare:

T'Kuvma Da Unforgettable

My Wallabies attract bowlegged b1tches
Daps

In most marriages between normal people the woman and man work. They live off of these two incomes for years.

Alimony is for when a man marries a woman and affords her the lifestyle to sit at home all day and not do anything.

You're an idiot dude

In most marriages a man makes way more than a woman...

A woman doesnt have to sit home all day without working to receive alimony

When i was 20 i dated a chick whose pops was a truck driver pulling around 70k or so..his wife made around 30-40k

When they divorced..he ended up paying alimony on top of child support

Prenups help lotta men dodge alimony..maybe thats where u fools getting that 15% from

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I would think the woman either re-marries or moves in some other dude to help with the bills. All the while still receiving child support from her ex-husband. Women would not be initiating 80% of divorces if they thought for an minute they wouldn't benefit somehow.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alimony is awarded in only 15% of divorce cases but if you're in one of the rare cases where one of you has to pay alimony, if the woman makes more she has to pay.

Alimony and Spousal Support | Free Legal Aid

LegalCorner.com | Alimony Laws Pertaining to Divorce

Study of Divorce Outcomes

:snoop:

Your own studies (yes, the links you posted here) say that your 15% alimony stat is wrong.

In addition, I can find zero reference to a man getting alimony. That is, none. If your argument is that both halves of a prior couple make out evenly in divorce, would there not be equal numbers of both men and woman receiving spousal support? (In my defense, I didn't really look for studies of men getting alimony, because I realize it's an outlier, so there's really no point in you bringing it up).

:smh: Hoes will do anything for that ring, I swear.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Your own studies (yes, the links you posted here) say that your 15% alimony stat is wrong.

In addition, I can find zero reference to a man getting alimony. That is, none. If your argument is that both halves of a prior couple make out evenly in divorce, would there not be equal numbers of both men and woman receiving spousal support? (In my defense, I didn't really look for studies of men getting alimony, because I realize it's an outlier, so there's really no point in you bringing it up).

Why doesn't she posts some statistics about how many women actually pay child support when the father has full custody.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why doesn't she posts some statistics about how many women actually pay child support when the father has full custody.

She will say that "fathers don't want their children" and thus they don't fight for custody. A fallacy.

She will then say that the system is rigged against women, in that they earn lesser wages for the same work and thus "the system" owes them a recompense for the divergence. Understandable, and partially-true, although influenced by emotion rather than logic.

In the end tho, she will make excuses which benefits her point of view, like all of us.

Bottom line is, the facts are simple. Marriage is a bad idea for well-earning men.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Most divorces don't go through court, court usually deals with custody and most folks throw in the alimony even though they know they won't get it, why the 15 percent rate.

Most divorces are done through mediation with mediators and alimony is worked out the majority of the time

Even if you make 5 more than your wife they will make you pay 2;500 onion alimony the majority of the time for the year

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps

:yeshrug: Most women don't receive alimony, you can search it yourself (if you want).

:ld: Because this a thread about marriage/divorce and I was only addressing alimony.

I know that a lot more women skip out on child support than men do. I'm sure you know that too.

Edit: only 57% of women that are required to pay child support actually pay it, while 68% percent of men that have to pay actually do.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,59963,00.html