why do black Americans dominate professional football and basketball?

why

• culture

Votes: 33 53.2%
  • genetics

Votes: 29 46.8%

• Total voters

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
Then you get folks asking, how many resources do we expend on people that are inferior...it supports arguments that racists for hundreds of years have been making from Thomas Jefferson, to John Calhoun, to Adolf Hitler.

How about just make a level playing field and assume the aggregate of attributes an individual possesses can enable them to be successful in whatever endeavor they want to pursue.
they'll be accused of investigative bias and answering the question before they've investigated
resources have to be equal in order to be controlled for

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
There is athleticism in soccer and tennis...

and i can see with my sons... lets just say one is great at soccer and is a great swimmer. (nikka rides on a skateboard all day too :scusthov: ).. I'm not gonna say what race is mom is to avoid controversy, lol...
but lets just say my other sons seem like they will be great at football...

we try not to push these assumptions on them.. maybe it's parents and culture fault tho.
:smh: blackking eh?

Slaves weren't bred for endurance in terms of running long ass distances, in fact that's counter intuitive to a trait you'd want a slave to have. But BIIIIG.. fuk yeah we know they bread big with big to make big it's not like we're making that up.

Culture does play a role in it as well as people who are predisposed to excelling at a certain thing tend to gravitate towards that thing...that just makes good sense to do what you're naturally gifted at.

SIZE is more prohibitive in the NFL and NBA than in damn near any sports.

Good sports breakdown:
Genetics - 80%
Culture - 10%
Attitude - 100%
Shoes - 10%

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good sports breakdown:
Genetics - 80%
Culture - 10%
Attitude - 100%
Shoes - 10%

0003ps15

Truth200

Banned
Daps
Slaves weren't bred for endurance in terms of running long ass distances, in fact that's counter intuitive to a trait you'd want a slave to have. But BIIIIG.. fuk yeah we know they bread big with big to make big it's not like we're making that up.

Culture does play a role in it as well as people who are predisposed to excelling at a certain thing tend to gravitate towards that thing...that just makes good sense to do what you're naturally gifted at.

Exactly....

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702

Good sports breakdown:
Genetics - 80%
Culture - 10%
Attitude - 100%
Shoes - 10%
but culture @ 10%? :comeon:

your breakdown doesn't even make sense :mindblown:

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Good sports breakdown:
Genetics - 80%
Culture - 10%
Attitude - 100%
Shoes - 10%
surprised to see shoes there but it is a big factor. i don't necessarily agree with the %es. now i'm :old: but back in my days i remember getting some nice studs and was stylin on niccas. and they would look at me like :wtf: on how i'd changed overtnight but i never told them it was the shoes..

even though i was a beast, i gave up on sports to concentrate more on academics. it's not like i'd make it pro and i hated dealing with coaches bullshyt.
plus culturally in our family we're all more nerds than sportsmen even though we're built to be sportsmen.

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
but culture @ 10%? :comeon:

your breakdown doesn't even make sense :mindblown:

surprised to see shoes there but it is a big factor. i don't necessarily agree with the %es. now i'm :old: but back in my days i remember getting some nice studs and was stylin on niccas. and they would look at me like :wtf: on how i'd changed overtnight but i never told them it was the shoes..

even though i was a beast, i gave up on sports to concentrate more on academics. it's not like i'd make it pro and i hated dealing with coaches bullshyt.
plus culturally in our family we're all more nerds than sportsmen even though we're built to be sportsmen.
:snoop:
I was joking around with the percentages....there's a reason they total 200%

and the shoes? lol

Truth200

Banned
Daps
It opens up the "Blacks are genetically less intelligent" argument. 'Cism science.

Made it through 3 pages till slavery was mentioned :mjpls:

Being intelligent is a learned before via education, you can teach someone to make them smart.

You can't turn a 5'8 person with a small frame into Lebron James, only good breeding can do that.

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop:
I was joking around with the percentages....there's a reason they total 200%

and the shoes? lol
shoes do matter.. i tell my secrets after i don't need them. but everyone now probably has the same tech.
shoes with the right grip/studds give you that extra :hula:
your brain can cook some shyt but your legs wont necessarily execute the moves.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
For those saying Culture....
Why?
because we see the same populations excelling at different sports over the passage of time.

also because america has just as much, if not more talent pools to draw great soccer players from than the smaller, more homogenous countries that have more legendary players, and yet we dont. so genes are totally irrelevant as to why we are not great at soccer.