why do black Americans dominate professional football and basketball?

why

• culture

Votes: 33 53.2%
  • genetics

Votes: 29 46.8%

• Total voters

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Opportunity and motivation (culture) most importantly, genetics behind that...

Dudes still believe that slave breeding stuff:heh:
You mentioned genetics...... what about them?

and idk about motivation... there are millions of white kids that dream about playing in the nfl and nba. When the NBA was all white .... it was easy for blacks to take over once the allowed blacks to merge.... why was that so easy?

Truth200

Banned
Daps
Lets face it cacs in America are lazy people who want to drink beer and watch black athletes entertain them on TV.

When Nowitizki beat Lebron in the Finals white Americans tried to claim him but he is not one of them.

When the Germans just won the World Cup white Americans think that means cacs are the best.

American cacs are lazy and it goes back to the days of slavery when their ancestors bred the biggest & strongest blacks.

Michael johnson & Jimmy the Greek are right it's just not politically correct and the topic upsets people.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I'm hesitant to say genetics, because that opens Pandora's Box...but I do acknowledge that genetics are partially responsible.

But we dominate simply because those are the sports we play; Basketball, Football, Boxing...blacks in america aren't playing the other sports in droves...but when we do we dominate those too. (Tennis, Golf)

Whites or Hispanics for that matter gravitate to other sports; Hispanics (Boxing and, Baseball, Soccer)...Whites...(every got damn thing....)

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
I'm hesitant to say genetics, because that opens Pandora's Box...but I do acknowledge that genetics are partially responsible.

But we dominate simply because those are the sports we play; Basketball, Football, Boxing...blacks in america aren't playing the other sports in droves...but when we do we dominate those too. (Tennis, Golf)

Whites or Hispanics for that matter gravitate to other sports; Hispanics (Boxing and, Baseball, Soccer)...Whites...(every got damn thing....)
what is there to fear in the box?

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You mentioned genetics...... what about them?

and idk about motivation... there are millions of white kids that dream about playing in the nfl and nba. When the NBA was all white .... it was easy for blacks to take over once the allowed blacks to merge.... why was that so easy?

This is all from my POV, and I don't have any data to back this up but:
Motivation plays a big role whether it be financial or cultural, and there is a big difference between dreaming about it (which everyone does) and actually seeing it as a possible career opportunity.

As far as the NBA, the same applies. The only reason the NBA was all white is cause it barred non-whites from the league, not necessarily cause white people enjoy basketball more, or more motivated to play professionally.

Look at the Spelling Bee, Indian children are waaay over represented but I don't think anyone believe they're genetically superior in spelling the english language. :yeshrug:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
what is there to fear in the box?

Because if one race is genetically superior, then #inherently another race is inferior for a wide range of attributes. I don't think most things are that cut and dry. While genetics may play a part, upbringing, culture, who you trained with, mental fortitude, diet, amongst a hundred other attributes I can't fathom probably go into it. I think if one area is lacking, I think the dozens of other attributes can compensate depending on how much someone may be deficient. I don't think races/ethnicities are that much different genetically that other attributes can't compensate in absence of.

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
Because if one race is genetically superior, then #inherently another race is inferior for a wide range of attributes. I don't think most things are that cut and dry. While genetics may play a part, upbringing, culture, who you trained with, mental fortitude, diet, amongst a hundred other attributes I can't fathom probably go into it. I think if one area is lacking, I think the dozens of other attributes can compensate depending on how much someone may be deficient. I don't think races/ethnicities are that much different genetically that other attributes can't compensate in absence of.
I don't get why this has to be the case
it could simply be that one feature of a certain race is highlighted while others are downplayed or outright denied

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
if there were no projection weapons on Earth.. like guns, rockets, etc..

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I guess its the belly button :shaq2:

“It so happens that in the architecture of the human body of West African-origin runners, the center of gravity is significantly higher than in runners of European origin,” which puts them at an advantage in sprints on the track, he said.

Individuals of West African-origin have longer legs than European-origin athletes, which means their belly-buttons are three centimeters (1.18 inches) higher than whites’, said Bejan.

That means the black athletes have a “hidden height” that is three percent greater than whites’, which gives them a significant speed advantage on the track.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess its the belly button :shaq2:

“It so happens that in the architecture of the human body of West African-origin runners, the center of gravity is significantly higher than in runners of European origin,” which puts them at an advantage in sprints on the track, he said.

Individuals of West African-origin have longer legs than European-origin athletes, which means their belly-buttons are three centimeters (1.18 inches) higher than whites’, said Bejan.

That means the black athletes have a “hidden height” that is three percent greater than whites’, which gives them a significant speed advantage on the track.
:beli: