why do black Americans dominate professional football and basketball?

why

• culture

Votes: 33 53.2%
  • genetics

Votes: 29 46.8%

• Total voters

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'll say culture but it also requires genetics when you are talking about excelling in most active sports there is also a personal drive to actually want it that is required.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
those aren't traits of athleticism in your opinion?

I never got a definitive answer from you on Boeing, btw.

Damn, you were serious about Boeing :dwillhuh:.

Ok, well Boeing is a leader in the Aerospace industry. Tech is not just iPads and Google Glass, it's also aerodynamics, metallurgy, dynamic efficiency, etc... They make not only jets, but pretty much anything that has to do with flight. They make control systems for cruise missiles, even vehicles that go into outer space. They're more "tech" than just about anyone, tbh.

And the original question, endurance kinda is, but when I think of someone who's athletic, I think of someone who is faster and stronger than me, not someone who can jog 18 miles at 2.3 mph. But you're right having endurance is definitely huge for an athlete.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Soccer is more endurance and coordination than athleticism.
:mjlol:

Do you even know the definition of "athleticism"...Golf is not an athletic sport, but soccer sure the hell is...

You telling me running for an average of 10 kms is not athletic...? :mjlol:

If you put LeBron James on a soccer pitch, regardless of skill, he will NOT be able to play a whole game (90 minutes)...:sadbron:.

However, Arjen Roben, regardless of skill, will be able to run up and down a basketball court for 40 minutes...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Blacks are good in basketball and NFL football, for the opposite reasons why they are not good at academics (reading, math and sciences)...

Remember, every time you make such a thread, you also suggesting that blacks are genetically dumb criminals...

Facts (1) More Black Americans in jails per capita (2) Less Black Americans with a University/College degrees per capita...

If you can say blacks are genetically more athletic than other races then they are also genetically less intelligent than other races...

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
heavily tactical sports tend to be cultural (basketball, baseball, boxing)
athletic sports tend to be genetic (running, weight lifting)
then you have a third category of sport that combines the two in a more equitable way (tennis, swimming, gymnastics, etc.)

blacks and whites have more in common physically than many people think. american whites distribute their pool of talent all over the place, blacks focus it more, and european whites are behaving more like black people by focusing on just a few sports (including basketball). asians are pretty much screwed genetically and culturally in terms of the american prestige sports like basketball (though china may change that in the next few decades). latinos with heavy african and european ancestry are focused more on soccer, boxing, and baseball, while latinos with heavy native american ancestry are screwed for the same reasons asians are.
Why are asians screwed? What sports are the good at? And shouldn't they be dominating all MA outlets?

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Blacks are good in basketball and NFL football, for the opposite reasons why they are not good at academics (reading, math and sciences)...

Remember, every time you make such a thread, you also suggesting that blacks are genetically dumb criminals...

Facts (1) More Black Americans in jails per capita (2) Less Black Americans with a University/College degrees per capita...

If you can say blacks are genetically more athletic than other races then they are also genetically less intelligent than other races...
I said why......... you're coming out of left field with all these racist generalizations.

The work I do in life everyday pretty much proves that I feel that black kids are (potentially) superior even in the ways you listed above .........but that's an opinion all races should have.