why do black Americans dominate professional football and basketball?

why

• culture

Votes: 33 53.2%
  • genetics

Votes: 29 46.8%

• Total voters

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Soccer is more endurance and coordination than athleticism.
There is athleticism in soccer and tennis...

and i can see with my sons... lets just say one is great at soccer and is a great swimmer. (nikka rides on a skateboard all day too :scusthov: ).. I'm not gonna say what race is mom is to avoid controversy, lol...
but lets just say my other sons seem like they will be great at football...

we try not to push these assumptions on them.. maybe it's parents and culture fault tho.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a complicated subject. To the people saying East Africans are good at running, Consider this fact. In Kenya, an overwhelming number of the best runners come from just one tribe, the Kalenjins. The crazy thing is Kalenjins are closely related to their traditional neighbors. So what makes them so much better than their neighbors whom they share a very close genealogy?

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont know if you could come up with a single explanatory cause for the effect. I have read about East African distance runners in Kenya being brought up in high altitude areas and issues relating to their diet. Ethiopians are also competitive in distance running and there was also this one Moroccan dude who used to be competitive in distance running. I think for sporting codes like athletics were the goal is to be the fastest may lend themselves to the genetic argument but that factor alone is not adequate given the amount of training the athletes go through and probably the fact that many successful athletes originate from the one area also encourages other kids to aspire for the same.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:

Do you even know the definition of "athleticism"...Golf is not an athletic sport, but soccer sure the hell is...

You telling me running for an average of 10 kms is not athletic...? :mjlol:

If you put LeBron James on a soccer pitch, regardless of skill, he will NOT be able to play a whole game (90 minutes)...:sadbron:.

However, Arjen Roben, regardless of skill, will be able to run up and down a basketball court for 40 minutes...

:wtf:

Try to explain to someone that soccer is an endurance sport after they just said soccer was an endurance sport, brehs.

Kublai Khan

Banned
Daps
:wtf:

Try to explain to someone that soccer is an endurance sport after they just said soccer was an endurance sport, brehs.

It's not just an endurance sport, Ghana and Nigeria have crazy speed and endurance but they still are nowhere near the top teams( pretty good tho).

It takes creativity, technique, and soccer IQ.

My Somali friend used to always talk about how black Americans are good at football and basketball but In soccer it's a different story but they are still in there.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not just an endurance sport, Ghana and Nigeria have crazy speed and endurance but they still are nowhere near the top teams( pretty good tho).

It takes creativity, technique, and soccer IQ.

My Somali friend used to always talk about how black Americans are good at football and basketball but In soccer it's a different story but they are still in there.

:comeon: Of course it's not just an endurance sport. If it were, long distance runners would dominate it. But endurance is probably the primary attribute required to be a competitive soccer player.

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
there is one reason and one reason only
because in sports the main worker needs to be visible and recognized (and these days recognizable even) in order to generate a genuine product and therefore the most possible revenue, which forces the "playing field" to be somewhat level

if their visibility and direct association with the work product were not necessary to the collection of maximum revenue, then all the credit would have gone to some other non-black entity

ask yourself why do you celebrate George Washington or some other "forefather" as builders of this country
black people and other minorities built this country , and black people primarily built this country.
so ask yourself why you are not asking yourself, "How come black people are such good country and empire builders?"
go look and everywhere you will see credit taken from black people wherever their visibility is not, or their former presence and accomplishments are falsifiable or deniable and is no longer necessary for the generation of revenue or usage of produced commodities

if the playing field was level in this fashion everywhere-meaning you HAD TO BE SEEN for the success of the enterprise and your work product could not be divorced from you, or stolen or attributed to someone else- then you would be asking why are black people such great scientists, why are we such amazing researchers, doctors, lawyers etc...anything you can imagine we would be visibly seen as amazing at.

Just wait til genetic engineering catches up and athletes can be grown in the lab, there will be this intermediate period, before we comprehend the absurdity of it all and complications of the nascent biotechnology become evident, that you are going to be blown away by the sudden preponderance and dominance of freakish non-black and white athletes. (which is one of a million reasons why I am such an advocate of blacks studying the sciences en masse)

You want primary evidence look at the lack of commensuration between the number of black head coaches to that of black players and black position coaches. You don't need to SEE the black position coaches do their damn thing to generate revenue so their work product can be sublimated to a white head coach. Sheeeeeiittttttt how long has the NFL been holding out on letting black QB's do their thing by sublimating the work product of black position players through the mythical white QB and head coach? I can go on all day. Do you even comprehend how much psychological mindfukk (beyond the institutional cockblocking) has gone into holding back black people in the US from just expressing how awesome they are? you think you do, but you don't.... this shyt will go down into legends. maaaaaane let me stop here and get something don for the day, peace!

you want secondary, if not weaker or in more need of inference, evidence of what I am saying look at college football and all the shenanigans involved in actually keeping revenue out of the hands of the athletes, notice what happened with EA? notice that they are starting to remove names from Jerseys? notice that this year only the coaches are doing ESPN interviews, giving the athletes a lower profile? there is a proxy/surrogate visibility of the academic institution and its coaches as the actual attraction being perpetrated, in order to discredit the player's work product as the force behind the success of the sport.

Last edited:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i mean, its a fact that slaveowners had their biggest and strongest slaves reproduce, but i dont know at what level that could be attributed to black athletes

Midrash

All Star
Daps
New Slaves:birdman:
HWT11.015-The-Cotton-Bowl-lr.jpg

Sports owners are all white while the players are mostly black. Notice the way Sterling talked about his players. "I feed them, I clothed them, I gave them shelter, etc...":sas2: