Why do all bodybuilders only lift one body part per week,are splits really needed?

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Also this, I can literally get away with 1-2 workouts a week, because I've been lifting for a while. My physique more or less stays the same and.my strength doesn't go away neither.

I always smh at noobs who talk about working 5/6 days a week, then look :dwillhuh: when I tell them all those days are unnecessary, unless they're on that stuff, because.muscles need time to heal....

Yea exactly

As a long time lifter that used to do that noob shyt for years, shyt is terrible for your joints long term especially if you're lifting heavy and majority of "breh" lifters lift too heavy anyway

I'll see brehs doing heavy deads, bench, etc... multiple times a week and tell em that they're gonna fukk themselves up eventually and to slow down its gonna . No one listens tho :yeshrug: and the vast majority of the ones I see that do almost always end up with injuries

Once you start fukking shyt up and getting tendinitis everywhere and rotator cuff tears then you learn the hard way. If you aren't about to get paid off this shyt then theres no point in messing yourself up long term for it

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
It has nothing to do with that. The point is most novices are following routines that are inefficient and ineffective for their goals. When people like Chris Jones front like they're natty it gives unrealistic expectations to dumb dumbs and those that don't know any better.
his info is 100% though.

If a new person took his diet/workout advice, they would see some nice gains.
Its just that people want to see results Right Now!
So they get impatient.

but a 16 yr old watching his macros and working out every week will blow the fukk up.

Its like someone else said...you cant be a fat guy that hasnt touched a weight in years and expect to do the same shyt someone whose been lifting 10+ yrs.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
his info is 100% though.

So they get impatient.

but a 16 yr old watching his macros and working out every week will blow the fukk up.

Its like someone else said...you cant be a fat guy that hasnt touched a weight in years and expect to do the same shyt someone whose been lifting 10+ yrs.
Yea his advice isnt too bad, aside from the 1 body part a day bullshyt (IMO). If you set up your volume right every body part should be ready to go again no later than 3 days after u hit em. Which means hitting them "just enough" rather than blasting them into oblivion. Either way will make gains but the 2-3x/wk shyt done properly will make gains faster w/less injury.

ChrisDorner2

Banned
Daps
Thread has absolutely nothing to do with steroids yet you see idiots regurgitating rumors and shyt they've heard but don't actually know. Not saying it isn't true or not but it isn't relevant to the topic

Either way back on topic, most of those dudes have been lifting for years. And regardless of what they have or have not taken, "noob" gains from begginer types of workouts will start to plateau after years of lifting

You start focusing more on specific muscle groups to hit those areas with more detail so when you work a muscle more you give it more time to rest. You aren't going to be heavy lifting a muscle group with ~15+ sets multiple times a week because your joints will start to deteriorate and you increase your risk of injury

But like I've told people here and tell people in real life all the time. Figure out what your level of fitness and fitness goals are then find a workout tailored to what you're trying to accomplish

If your a beginner you should be doing beginner types of workouts so you can gain mass. Then as you gain experience you start to progress towards more intermediate and advanced workouts that will target specific areas in a little more detail
Where can I find the "beginner" workouts for each body part?

ChrisDorner2

Banned
Daps
Yea his advice isnt too bad, aside from the 1 body part a day bullshyt (IMO). If you set up your volume right every body part should be ready to go again no later than 3 days after u hit em. Which means hitting them "just enough" rather than blasting them into oblivion. Either way will make gains but the 2-3x/wk shyt done properly will make gains faster w/less injury.
How do I know what my proper volume is?

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all not gon tell me Bradley Martyn da Gawd is juicing too are you? :lupe:

He looks natty, and his stats don't seem unrealistic (6'3" 240), but he used to compete, and it seems the general consensus is "if they competed, they juiced."

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Where can I find the "beginner" workouts for each body part?

You don't need to work every body part specifically as a beginner. You just need a good starter program that has every major compound exercise covered and you'll hit accessory muscles as a result. 5x5, starter strength, GVT, etc... Do your research and focus on form first and foremost. Size and strength comes after perfect form

Make sure you're eating good and enough then you'll be straight.

He looks natty, and his stats don't seem unrealistic (6'3" 240), but he used to compete, and it seems the general consensus is "if they competed, they juiced."

Only way to tell if there is progress pics from early age. Outside of obvious signs nobody knows with most of these dudes. Yea most of them are juicing but there are some massive natty lifters with top tier genetics. Cac / misc logic states that a person can't get big natty

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
his info is 100% though.

So they get impatient.

It's not all bad, but I think a lot of kids would see better results without doing a bodybuilder bro split. I probably would've seen faster results without doing a bro split. I used to follow chris jones when I first seriously started. I still watch his videos because he's entertaining.

Eating a lot of cals and macro rich foods can oftentimes overcome shytty routines tho. I got pretty big doing a brosplit and shyt tons of volume simply from eating properly

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man I started watching a few of his videos, then noticed he went from bulky to big as fukk.....stopped watching after that....

If you look at him when he was younger, he looked natural. It hasn't been up until recently where he's got that exogenous test look. Looks just like a couple guys I know who have run test and some oral cycle.

He's definitely not a lifetime natural, but it doesn't matter tbh. Most people take shyt, and his advice isn't 100-percent bad, but it was corny when he was making those reverse psychology videos trying to prove whether he was natural or not.

Considering his fanbase is 70-percent newbies and 15 year olds, they would tune him out if they found out he wasn't natty

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Listen, you gotta stop idolizing these guys just cause they're natty. Assume that they're all frauding, and anyway I would bet money brad martyn isn't lifetime natural, but who cares.

Just bust your ass and work as hard as you can. I know guys that are weak as fukk and look like shyt that run tons of stuff, and I know guys that work really fukking hard and eat properly that are lifetime natty and strong as fukk.

Will you look insanely lean with tons of mass? No, but you'll be stronger than 90-percent of the men walking around, and you'll look good, if that's what you care for.

Daps
It has nothing to do with that. The point is most novices are following routines that are inefficient and ineffective for their goals. When people like Chris Jones front like they're natty it gives unrealistic expectations to dumb dumbs and those that don't know any better.

So yall really think Chris Jones on roids?

I don't think he is yet honestly,his strength is beyond the average man,but it isn't roid strong,like a Mike Rashid or something

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

dude is obviously on juice. Look at NFL players who are genetic elite 1% of this earth, dudes with those stats are that lean. Chris Jones looks normal in real life and is a manlet.