Why do all bodybuilders only lift one body part per week,are splits really needed?

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
well, I was just commenting on his volume.

I personally dont care if these guys are roiding.
Im a normal guy that is just working out for health, vanity, strength reasons...not to make money.
So I dont expect to look like someone whose dedicated their lives to working out.

I tend to think that people who are always worried about people taking roids are just looking for an excuse as to why they dont look the way they want to look...
...or just flat out hating.

Truth is...most people, even on roids wouldnt put the work in that is needed to get that perfect (what they consider perfect) body.

You see the same shyt when talking about successful/rich people.
People are always trying to find a way to cut them down...just because they want to keep that lie in their head that perfection/success is only for cheaters and lucky people.

It has nothing to do with that. The point is most novices are following routines that are inefficient and ineffective for their goals. When people like Chris Jones front like they're natty it gives unrealistic expectations to dumb dumbs and those that don't know any better.

Gains

Superstar
Daps
Thread has absolutely nothing to do with steroids yet you see idiots regurgitating rumors and shyt they've heard but don't actually know

so they natty breh ? :sas1:

It has nothing to do with that. The point is most novices are following routines that are inefficient and ineffective for their goals. When people like Chris Jones front like they're natty it gives unrealistic expectations to dumb dumbs and those that don't know any better.

pushing overpriced supplements and bs programs , most of these youtube "fitness" personalities are frauds

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Probably not but the thread didn't ask about whether they were natty or not

Op asked about their workouts
There's variables involved in their workouts. A major one would be them being on performance enhancing drugs. If they're on drugs perhaps they don't need the average person's workout regimen.

The OP basically indirectly asked about them being natty because the question is and I'm paraphrasing "why do people need to do splits when these YouTube personalities are jacked and don't need to do them."

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
There's variables involved in their workouts. A major one would be them being on performance enhancing drugs. If they're on drugs perhaps they don't need the average person's workout regimen.

The OP basically indirectly asked about them being natty because the question is and I'm paraphrasing "why do people need to do splits when these YouTube personalities are jacked and don't need to do them."

Well I didn't see it that way and must be looking from an entirely different point of view

But to assume that professionals who get paid to workout and build their body are going to follow the same type of routines as casuals is being naive at best. Regardless of what they're taking, they are professionals at working out

There's levels to this just like anything else in life. There's weekend hoopers, college hoopers, d league hoopers, and nba hoopers. Same goes with lifting

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Thread has absolutely nothing to do with steroids yet you see idiots regurgitating rumors and shyt they've heard but don't actually know. Not saying it isn't true or not but it isn't relevant to the topic

Either way back on topic, most of those dudes have been lifting for years. And regardless of what they have or have not taken, "noob" gains from begginer types of workouts will start to plateau after years of lifting

You start focusing more on specific muscle groups to hit those areas with more detail so when you work a muscle more you give it more time to rest. You aren't going to be heavy lifting a muscle group with ~15+ sets multiple times a week because your joints will start to deteriorate and you increase your risk of injury

But like I've told people here and tell people in real life all the time. Figure out what your level of fitness and fitness goals are then find a workout tailored to what you're trying to accomplish

If your a beginner you should be doing beginner types of workouts so you can gain mass. Then as you gain experience you start to progress towards more intermediate and advanced workouts that will target specific areas in a little more detail
Also this, I can literally get away with 1-2 workouts a week, because I've been lifting for a while. My physique more or less stays the same and.my strength doesn't go away neither.

I always smh at noobs who talk about working 5/6 days a week, then look :dwillhuh: when I tell them all those days are unnecessary, unless they're on that stuff, because.muscles need time to heal....

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Chris Jones is entertaining and I will always watch his videos because I like him and I've been following him for years (he was one of the first people that I learned some exercises from and was inspired to lift from watching pause) but I'm betting he's on dat dere celltech.

Some of his cringeworthy videos where he pretends to not know anything about gear, and just from looking at his physique over the long haul, he's probably not natural.

I've heard him say he does fullbody on cuts and does his splits on bulk. When I first got "serious" I basically trained like he did. However I think my diet contributed more to my ability to lift than my training necessarily.

I don't really train for aesthetics or anything like that so I don't give a shyt about all of the extra volume he does

All in all the reality is most of these guys that aren't natty are the ones that advocate splits for bodybuilding. That's what that style of training was originally for
Man I started watching a few of his videos, then noticed he went from bulky to big as fukk.....stopped watching after that....