Why did you walk away from religion/god?

Estarossa

Rosé Gold
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I still believe in God but I have no interest in organized religion and never have. My mom pretty much forced me to go to Church until I was 16 and I stopped as soon I could. Never enjoyed anything about church and never wanted to go in the first place.

To make matters worse one of my ex’s, who is the worst person I’ve ever dealt with, was a preacher’s child. She and her family tried to force their cult like denomination down my throat for 2 1/2 years before I finally said fukk it. I let that relationship go way too far because my dumbass ain’t know how to end it. Dropped her ass off a cliff one night and the bytch went crazy. :mjlol:

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
full

KingFreeman

Barely-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
the 254
Grew up in the South with a family heavily involved in a Methodist church, so imagine how it was coming up. I started reading history books and got old enough to observe the world around me critically. Realized the true purpose of religion (control, direction, social programming), and Christianity in particular in relation to Black folk, and was off that ever since.

That said, religious texts contain much wisdom (Proverbs) that I can get down with from a philosophical standpoint.

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
My grandparents on both sides are religious, but my parents aint for some reason

Dodged a bullet :whew:

I'll never forget the dread on my friends faces every time they had to go church :wow:

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
when you ask how slavery or the holocaust happened and people start juelzing. Or why do some of these innocent little kids have cancer or something.

"well, there's a plan, and you too stupid to comprehend the plan..."

:unimpressed:
There a viral joke that goes . Every member of your family will die and mothafukkas will still have the balls to tell you “it’s all in gods plan”:lolbron:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
nobody has walked away from religion

they just went on to serve another god or religion mostly unknowingly. This includes atheist, they worship science.

They did walk away from the Most High though, unfortunately

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
I grew up in a christian household and my parents frequented church regularly. Until about age 17 I was a Christian. The first person to challenge my beliefs was a former teacher of mine is hs. He would be best described as a "hotep" though at that time I didn't even know what that word was. I remember in class one day he was talking about how Easter was a pagan holiday. I thought what he was saying was bullshyt until I did some research of my own and realized he was right. In class he would talk about a lot of things related to Christianity and that always resulted in me doing my own research about it.

The more research I did the more my belief in Christianity started to crumble and by the time I started college I had dropped Christianity altogether. There's a lot more stuff that happened after that but now 10 years later I'm at a point where I believe in God but I don't believe in any religion.