Why did you walk away from religion/god?

Unolove

All Star
Daps
shyt my whole dads side of the family is all deacons and pastors, Atleast the ones of older age are

Tbh Jesus ain’t never helped me with nun

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
The more I learned about history the more jaded I became.

So billions if people are condemned to hell because they dont accept jesus as there lord and savior
:unimpressed:

I don't know if I created the universe I would be alot more clear in my messages just saying
This made me think of something. What about all the people before Jesus was born? It was just the God of Abraham and how you said “billions” of people are condemned to hell for various and not necessarily anything extreme.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
I believe in God. Sincerely, do but Christianity and living an orthodox and strict bible way of life amongst a bunch of hypocrites is not for me.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
This made me think of something. What about all the people before Jesus was born? It was just the God of Abraham and how you said “billions” of people are condemned to hell for various and not necessarily anything extreme.
Jesus is the incarnate word of God. Meaning he was there in the beginning and always has been. It’s him becoming flesh that is the difference

most people abuse the word and then say “Jesus hasn’t helped me”…ironic as it’s their own doing

simply controlling ones own tongue you can start understanding how you can undo the damage

those who say “there is no god” let it be their truth :francis:

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
Jesus is the incarnate word of God. Meaning he was there in the beginning and always has been. It’s him becoming flesh that is the difference

most people abuse the word and then say “Jesus hasn’t helped me”…ironic as it’s their own doing

simply controlling ones own tongue you can start understanding how you can undo the damage

those who say “there is no god” let it be their truth :francis:
Huh? God turned to flesh and decided to end his short reign on earth by being beat to death on a cross!?!? :francis:

it’s stuff like this that do not help it’s case. Humans really make excuses for an omnipresent, all-knowing God.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Huh? God turned to flesh and decided to end his short reign on earth by being beat to death on a cross!?!? :francis:

it’s stuff like this that do not help it’s case. Humans really make excuses for an omnipresent, all-knowing God.
Maybe you’ve made a conclusion to quickly about what you think you’ve read

I’d read it again with allegory in mind first

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Did once after dropping out of college because I was mad at the world, went back though and never looked back

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Which religion speaks of a white man in the clouds?

:unimpressed:
It don’t matter how many times you say it, the non religious/atheist black man/woman gone always turn back to that white Jesus nonsense.

Majority of folks who worship, atleast here in America, don’t think of Christ as a white man. If you go to black churches across America, you’d be hard pressed to find the white Jesus pictures they bring up. How do I know? I’m a church goer lol

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
Maybe you’ve made a conclusion to quickly about what you think you’ve read

I’d read it again with allegory in mind first

For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints, - 1st Corinthians 14:33

and

Earlier in the same book:

The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.
1st Corinthians 2:14

That’s a contradiction. God’s word should be plain and enough but it’s up to the believer to make it make sense to fall in line. The people who wrote this were writing what they wanted to write to convince whoever they needed to at the time.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: jeh

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints, - 1st Corinthians 14:33

and

Earlier in the same book:

The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.
1st Corinthians 2:14

That’s a contradiction. God’s word should be plain and enough but it’s up to the believer to make it sense to fall in line. The people who wrote this were writing what they wanted to write to convince whoever they needed to at the time.
In The spirit of understanding the word consider your judgment

if you see holy text as mind control/social control then it is your truth

from my perspective the OT was doctored after the Babylonian captivity and is still vexing people

but the New Testament of Jesus Christ is not confusing. What is is how people judge it

this why Jesus says for us to be doers of the law rather than judges because our discernment is not like gods but like men

I would read about Brahmanism to understand why I say that

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
It's a stupid reason, but I stopped giving even an iota of my time to God / religion when I failed algebra.

16 year old me thought that I could just bullshyt through classes all year, then pray for 30 seconds and get a passing average. When I failed that course, it was a wake-up call.

I realized that in EVERY circumstance that I have control, it would make much more sense, and be much more practical, for me to apply genuine effort than pray to a supposed omnipotent being that is wishy-washy with his powers.