Why be a vegan if you're going to go through the effort of making fake meat products?

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Some don’t hate meat, just the fact that something living has to die for their sustenance.

Breh I had a lentil burger a couple weeks ago that was literally the best burger I’ve ever had in my life.

On everything.

Anybody in the 757 go to Desmonds in Chesapeake and get the fukkin lentil burger asap.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh I had a lentil burger a couple weeks ago that was literally the best burger I’ve ever had in my life.

Anybody in the 757 go to Desmonds in Chesapeake and get the fukkin lentil burger asap.
Lentils are the shyt, low key. Easy as hell to make them taste good. I made lentil soup for a friend, like 5 years ago, and she's still ranting over it. I don't even know what I put in the soup.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

On everything.

I like getting 2 or 3 lentil patties at this jamaican spot whenever they have them cause they always sellout fast.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Lentils are the shyt, low key. Easy as hell to make them taste good. I made lentil soup for a friend, like 5 years ago, and she's still ranting over it. I don't even know what I put in the soup.

Facts

Lentils are wonderful breh.

Versatile, tasty, and healthy as fukk.

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
Facts.

It alarmingly parallels men who sleep with other men who dress like women.

This fukkin' guy! :russ:
XXAeIPO_d.webp

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
They didn't go vegan because they hate the taste of meat :manny: , it's generally because of some animal related guilt or health mumbo-jumbo they bought into.

Fake meat products allow them to have their cake and eat it too. They can have something that vaguely tastes like the meat related stuff they like whilst patting themselves on the back about sticking to their lifestyle. Also makes it easier for them to try to recruit more people into the vegan lifestyle.
Seeing sickly livestock with fukking pus was enough for me. I’m pescatarian rn but fish ain’t much better. If I lived in another country I’d probably eat chicken & beef again though.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
I deaded a chick I had extremely good chemistry with over this shyt. I aint eating that bullshyt.
In all seriousness though, they taste the best... if you get my drift. :shaq: In the words of this generation's greatest bard:

Because they miss real meat :dame:
I was vegan for about a year and a half (mostly because of the girl I was dating at the time) and have mixed feelings about it. I hated how frequently I needed to eat but I saw the health benefits. Felt less lethargic. My skin cleared up. But yea you're right, I missed the shyt out of chicken mostly lmao . I wasn't really into the "faux dishes" like the video in the OP. Some things you just gotta let go if you rocking that lifestyle. We went to a vegan ice cream shop and it was some of the worst shyt I've ever had.

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Some people are vegan for

1. Environmental reasons
2. Anti- animal cruelty reasons

That being said, I've dated vegan women and non of them really eat all that laborious stuff you see on the net.

That's just to get views and meat eaters to transition over.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Facts

Lentils are wonderful breh.

Versatile, tasty, and healthy as fukk.
Lentils don't get enough love. They are delicious and like you said, versatile. I think that's one of the things I appreciate about experimenting with a plant-based diet. Got to see foods I previously disregarded as filler in a new light. If there's one thing you can give a lot of vegetarians/vegans credit for, it's that they know how to season their shyt and creatively combine ingredients to make some tasty dishes. Never thought I'd be stanning for some damn lentils lmao.

Some people are vegan for

1. Environmental reasons
2. Anti- animal cruelty reasons

That being said, I've dated vegan women and non of them really eat all that laborious stuff you see on the net.

That's just to get views and meat eaters to transition over.
Yep. All of this is true.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
If you find it odd that a vegan might enjoy imitation meat products, why make an imitation of literally any product then?
What's the point of making diet soda?

Nylon?

The Detroit Lions?
:dead:
Because American vegan food sucks, but they don't want to eat real meat. not that complicated.

Realistically though, best way to go vegan is to eat indian food. Some dal or spinach curry is >>>>>>>>> Fake crab meat salads and imitation burgers. Indian cuisine has meat, but it has plenty of non meat dishes too, that aren't just attempts to copy meat.
ethiopian too. ethiopian orthodox christians dont eat any animal products on wednesdays or fridays so they have a lot of good vegan options

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
I'd rather just eat the damn vegetables at this point

there hasnt been a single vegan product that hasnt lead to me going from:patrice:..... to :ehh:... to eventually :hhh: within a few days

Every type of Beyond or Impossible product you can name , I've had it and that disillusionment always sets in after 3 days that they just dont hit the same, I've had fake bacon and all that shyt
Just Egg does a good job mimicking a real egg texture wise but you're gonna have to also buy Egg Powder to get that unique sulfuric, taste and be warned that powder smells like a rich hearty hobo fart

but the spell is always broken, that nasty chemical after-taste all these products have or the weird mushy texture of vegan meat even after you've cooked the shyt out of them just made me say :whoa:

and they have just as much chemicals and saturated fat as the real thing with none of the enjoyment

fukk that Keto shyt too

people jump from one extreme to another

instead of going "I'll eat nothing but plant based products" , Most people would benefit from simply eating more fukking vegetables and cutting the portion of animal protein and dietary fat to modest ratio

40% starchy veggies / 40% non starchy veggies / 20% meat. That alone would make a huge difference in health and body composition

its unreal how many adults dont like to eat fukkin vegetables or drink water because "It doesnt taste like nothing"

simply introducing vegetables to their diet would reverse alot of health issues and then as they got more acclimated, they can go full plant based if they want to.

Eat mostly real fukking veggies and a small amount of meat for sanity and taste. fukk all that weird ass shyt in a box