Why be a vegan if you're going to go through the effort of making fake meat products?

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
I'm not even vegan and this has to be one of the dumbest questions I've ever heard someone ask.

If you find it odd that a vegan might enjoy imitation meat products, why make an imitation of literally any product then?

What's the point of making diet soda?

Nylon?

The Detroit Lions?

Starter pistols?

Seedless grapes?

This is just some attempt to clown someone's dietary choices that are different than yours.

/thread

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
It's crazy, every summer I grill and I have to look up options for my brother. Have you seen some of the ingredients and steps it takes just to make some vegan food? He ends up just getting vegetables and beyond/impossible burgers :yeshrug:

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
It's crazy, every summer I grill and I have to look up options for my brother. Have you seen some of the ingredients and steps it takes just to make some vegan food? He ends up just getting vegetables and beyond/impossible burgers :yeshrug:
Same. My brother been a vegetarian/vegan since the early 00s. It used to be annoying asl cooking for him but ingredients have gotten much better. We also tell him to cook his own shyt sometimes sense it be extra af though:pachaha:

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
They didn't go vegan because they hate the taste of meat :manny: , it's generally because of some animal related guilt or health mumbo-jumbo they bought into.

Fake meat products allow them to have their cake and eat it too. They can have something that vaguely tastes like the meat related stuff they like whilst patting themselves on the back about sticking to their lifestyle. Also makes it easier for them to try to recruit more people into the vegan lifestyle.
last time i tried vegan fried chicken it was basically rice/grains battered and fried into the appearance of a chicken nugget :mjcry:

ive had some of the vegan meats and they arent "bad tasting" at all but they arent satiating either

concise

Veteran
Daps
Do the fake bones come with fake marrow inside as well? :ohhh:

The FAUX Chicken bone (8 pack)
1. Are these bones edible?

Answer: These vegan bones are not edible they function just like an animal bone, they give structure to the faux meat. Just keep that in mind when you use faux bones for vegan diet that the bones are not to be chewed or ingested.

Not to be chewed. :heh:

Last edited:

97Pac

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They didn't go vegan because they hate the taste of meat :manny: , it's generally because of some animal related guilt or health mumbo-jumbo they bought into.

Fake meat products allow them to have their cake and eat it too. They can have something that vaguely tastes like the meat related stuff they like whilst patting themselves on the back about sticking to their lifestyle. Also makes it easier for them to try to recruit more people into the vegan lifestyle.
I deaded a chick I had extremely good chemistry with over this shyt. I aint eating that bullshyt.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Some don’t hate meat, just the fact that something living has to die for their sustenance.

that wasn;t really my reason for becoming a vegetarian, i just didn't like the conditions these animals were farmed in or hormones they were being given. I originally planned to buy free-range non gmo meat products and cook for myself but I procrastinated so long I just became a vegetarian going on 13 years now. :yeshrug:

I stopped eating morningstar veggie patties like 3 months after I started. :scust: the beyond burger i tried within the last 2 years was decent tho.:ehh: