Why aren’t more black kids going pro in esports?

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The FGC is pretty diversed and continuing to go on that track. We were all kids who played at arcades. Even sportcasting is diversed.

As for teambased esports, those are low-key old boy clubs when it comes to competition, specifically the forming of teams.

On a side note, have y'all seen some of these contracts that these pro players got? They are really out controlling what they do on their time.:picard:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Cause nerd cacs want to watch nerd cacs play video games and win shyt...so they somehow feel like less of a nerd cac and feel like they to...can one day throw away their sex doll and get paid to play games just like whatever 120 pound blue haired cac they are watching play...

You think cac gamers...most of which are closeted racist weirdos...are going to watch and support a black person playing any type of e sport :mjlol:

A big part of the reason why esports exist cause cacs got tired of getting yammed on in basketball by black people and truck sticked in football by black people and bat flipped in baseball by dominicans :mjlol:

Now get in here and tell me about that one black guy who is eating in esports as if that makes up for all the other shyt:mjlol:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I don't know all of the underlying issues but I would imagine having initial access to money to buy top-flight PC equipment and also the types of games that people play. I'll address both.

I'm the only black person that I know personally that has dropped more than $1000 on anything gaming related in their life at one time. My current PC, built in 2012 is a low tier PC now and I spent over $3000 on it, not to mention the additional stuff that I have hooked up to it. That's a lot of bread for someone to come off of to play most games that a $400 console can play too.

Next would be the types of games being played. I look at my gaming collection now and it is far more diverse than it used to be. I used to get sports games, action/adventure games, platformers... Basically, what was popular on console. I didn't really get into Civilization until V. I've always played Sim City but I was just largely trying to play console games with better graphics on PC for the longest of times. Tried to get on the Counter-Strike wave, didn't particularly care for it. My teenage self wouldn't have purchased a Starcraft, Diablo or XCom. I have them now. I got on the FPS wave with Goldeneye on the N64. It wasn't until later where I doubled back into Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein, Unreal, etc... My first FPS on PC ever played was Wolfenstein because my uncle had a shareware copy but the first one I bought was the first Thief. Think about when we would be in school, EGM, Gamefan, Next Generation mags would mostly feature console games, that's what we were primarliy exposed to. It wasn't until I got older to where I started to look into PC Gamer mags and learn some shyt myself. Less hand holding in the PC world. What brought me back to Steam was TrackMania United, at the time, a racing game exclusive to PCs. Lack of info, knowledge and money I'm sure contribute.

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DOTA just doesn't look fun to watch. Definitely compared to fighting games where anyone can make what is going on and the reactions feel more genuine

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
I can’t speak to much about P.C games, but yugioh ( which is a huge money generator) requires a lot of traveling and most regionals are in the suburban parts of the country. Add in the price of cards ( Ash flower blossom), mats and boxes.

It’s tough for black teams to thrive.
This is basically the reason why organized sports never really feature "the best."

Just those with the resources to pursue it.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
DOTA just doesn't look fun to watch. Definitely compared to fighting games where anyone can make what is going on and the reactions feel more genuine

MOBAs take a while to get into. But they can be entertaining in the same way soccer is. The build-up is what generates the excitement.

And cats is in here bugging talking bout nikkas don't fukk with Overwatch...that's simply untrue. Everyone's just on console, of which you would have virtually NO shot of being a pro playing on console.

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
MOBAs take a while to get into. But they can be entertaining in the same way soccer is. The build-up is what generates the excitement.

And cats is in here bugging talking bout nikkas don't fukk with Overwatch...that's simply untrue. Everyone's just on console, of which you would have virtually NO shot of being a pro playing on console.
PS4 opened the gates for us to stream our talents with that share button. Black top players on console are out here streaming, whether on Youtube or Twitch. You don't need to "be pro" to make money, all you need is support via subscriptions.

:mjpls: ass nikkas wanna come in here and act like black kids aren't playing these games and why aren't they more popular... it's because they aren't being checked for by said :mjpls: ass nikkas.

These dudes don't get shine overnight. TSM Myth has been streaming for 3 years building a following. That's how it works. Ninja, who people only seem to recognize on here, has been trying to get on top for 9 years.

So the article is :trash:. Kids are playing these games but :mjpls: ass nikkas only think white people do the shyt because... We're supposed to only like NBA2K and Madden. :why: