Why aren’t more black kids going pro in esports?

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
only lames with no social life are into e-sports aka cacs

the nikka nerds involved are cornballs as expected

natturnher

Rookie
Daps
Just to chime in here as a PC vet as I saw a couple of brothas post about needing high end hardware for E-Sports, but most of the popular E-sports titles that are PC games really don't require that powerful of a PC to run and get started with. Games like LoL, Dota 2, CS:GO, Rocket League, Hearthstone (:mjlol:, but they do have big money tourneys though), Starcraft, and Overwatch all can run on pretty low end systems. So there is no need to break the wallet on an i7 with a 1080ti just to play those games. Hell alot of Chinese and Koreans gamers don't even initially own PCs they play those games at those PC bangs/LAN gaming centers and go from there. Haven't really followed the E-sports scene since Quake was king of the hill (at least in North America). Would love to see more brothas and sistas compete in these games and also play a large part (talking ownership and majority Black dev studios) in development of video games in general.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Some fundamentals needs work.

nikkas dont actively seek to game with one another
The local scenes are not organized at all to create a culture around a gaming event

Fix those issues and we have a ball game gentleman

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
yeah the biggest thing is how expensive PCs are

I been a gamer my whole life and always been enviable of PCs, but saving up 1000+ for a gaming platform when I can stock out my PS4 with an external HDD and like 10+ full price games, its just not logical

of course there's benefits to just saving that up for the PC, but most people I grew up w that were black and gamers wouldnt even think that far. It'd be "who can I game with" and "where are the hype games going". Both check boxes involve a PS or Xbox. Plus most nikkas already got a TV so it only makes sense they'd use a console over buying a quality monitor and shyt

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
The funny thing is the thing that kept fighters alive during the dark era of fighting games was mvc2... it was dominated by minorities and everything want the hype and passion that the players had for that game with there...so they begin trying to emulate it. Now the fgc is trying to be esport and it sucks, you can't be raw and uncut and PG at the sametime.
I'm getting tired of watching NLBC due to Art's CONSTANT dikkriding for PC. shyt is embarrassing, but I'm guessing the nikka is hungry for the cash that comes with it.

FGC needs to stay poverty. It's a selfish stance, but fukk it.

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
FGC is getting gentrified
Same dirty dikk motherfukkers that trashed Punk for crying at EVO after his loss, but straddled the everliving shyt out of Tokido and held on for dear life when he cried after Daigo mopped his ass in that FT10. This type of shyt seems to affect SFV more than any other fighter. Look at Pokchop in Tekken. He's sitting right to next to his opponent talking trash. And he typically has a crowd at his back hyping him up heavy. Can't let the cancer spread.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Same dirty dikk motherfukkers that trashed Punk for crying at EVO after his loss, but straddled the everliving shyt out of Tokido and held on for dear life when he cried after Daigo mopped his ass in that FT10. This type of shyt seems to affect SFV more than any other fighter. Look at Pokchop in Tekken. He's sitting right to next to his opponent talking trash. And he typically has a crowd at his back hyping him up heavy. Can't let the cancer spread.
Most of the dudes that sit around like that dont even play the games. It's this new backsea qb class that has cropped up.

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
Most of the dudes that sit around like that dont even play the games. It's this new backsea qb class that has cropped up.
Worst part is that they're the ones with the money.

EDIT: Look no further than Aris' chat. They're extremely pro PC and do greasy ass shyt like this:
cmonbruh
Look how many of them are his subs. Long as they pay his rent, he'll let em say what they want.

Last edited: