Why aren’t more black kids going pro in esports?

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
When I was a kid..when this all started at Blockbuster...everyone tried to sign up for the video game tournaments. Especially Street Fighter 2 championship Edition, NBA Jam, Mortal Kombat.

Haha those were the days. I was the #2 Donkey Kong Country player in NJ back in 95.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
this partially has to do with access to info. How many young brehs know they can get money offvideos games... how many brehs in here knew 2k was payin dudes a minimum of 32k, max 50k with endorsements for a 6 mos eleague with prizes totaling to a million? telll your young brehs about this shyt
My nephew was being considered for this... Was high on the leaderboards, but just got tired of the game. Not he's on Fortnite tho
:francis:

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
this partially has to do with access to info. How many young brehs know they can get money offvideos games... how many brehs in here knew 2k was payin dudes a minimum of 32k, max 50k with endorsements for a 6 mos eleague with prizes totaling to a million? telll your young brehs about this shyt
While I hear you; nikka...every black male has a phone in their hand all day every day like everybody else. nikkas just aren't interested in shyt on the internet outside of social media (generally speaking, of course). We have all the information in the world, if we want to use it. I knew about the 2k Draft and all that shyt...know why? Because I find current, relevant topics (especially ways to make money) and read all day every day when I have free time; Not sit on Instagram, FB, and Snapchat. We gotta stop with the bullshyt excuses

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wouldn't be so quick to big up the FGC, the recent Caba/MenaRD-GO1 situation brought all the latent racist cacs... And don't forget about that bullshyt Chris G said about Black women :mjpls:
Can you help me out with the racism in this Mena/Caba situation because I ain't seen any of it. I'm not denying that it's happening but I've been barely keeping up.

Caba IS wrong for the shyt he been doing tho

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Didn't read the article. I honestly think it's just race baiting. In the Smash Bros competitive scene at least half of the pros are black. Tons of black players in competitive Street Fighter as well. Maybe the author of the article is looking in the wrong places (PC games, game genres that most black players don't care for, etc.)

That's why you should read the article amh

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
These kids know more than our :flabbynsick: asses. All my nephews do is watch streams.

My oldest nephew (12) was telling me one of his classmates got sponsored to play on an NBA franchise’s 2K team. Said he would have to move tho.

Whole time he was telling me i was like :dahell:

Real talk, if my nephew is good enough I’ll invest in his eSports career. Matter of fact i might scour the hood for the talent and manage them. :wow:

This is the new wave ...30 years from now we are gonna be looking at physical sports as Savage and esports will be the top entertainment .

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Can you help me out with the racism in this Mena/Caba situation because I ain't seen any of it. I'm not denying that it's happening but I've been barely keeping up.

Caba IS wrong for the shyt he been doing tho
Just read any Twitter post/YouTube comments regarding the (none) 'incident'. Caba did nothing wrong but get too hype for his mans, boo hoo.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I just started looking at Daequan streaming Fortnite and breh is funny as fukk :mjlol:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I think the biggest reason is cause we don’t really like the games being played.

Outside of 2k and madden we not really playing the other games on a mass scale.

Black people consider them games corny and boring as shyt. If u not really interested in something u ain’t gonna be good at it