Why Are Waves So Special In The Black Community?

Battle Beast

Over 9000!
Daps
Reppin
Jersey City, New Jerz
yall nikkas aight but yall aint got them 720 waves doe :mjpls:

especially that fukk nikka @houston911 :pacspit:

wp678f5ee4_06.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z14J7WMtMuo

tumblr_ll09nhLpBD1qjf406o1_500.jpg

Im getting there
yheta7e8.jpg

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas still arguing in my thread and have yet to give me an actual answer. If you don't know then say that, but don't come in here talking about white boy waves, what kinda hair can get better waves and shyt. Do you think I give a fukk if Kevin Durant can get waves?

Dumbasses. I asked this question because I was at a barbershop getting a cut and then barber was talking about my waves, a man in the chair next to me asked if I was half white and I was like "no, a quarter" and so he responds "that's why you're so wavy, you've got that good hair". Obviously the better the waves you have, the "gooder" your hair is, therefore it must equate to self hate.

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
I don't think ol' girl knows what waves are, lol. She talking about self-hate, good hair, women hair, and all types of other shyt, lol.

To get waves, all a dude need is

kevin-durant-nappy-hair.png

+

13993568.jpg

+

12c5_1_13293_1.JPG

but fukk waves....I'm on that...

kendrick-lamar-x-leveled-magazine-by-ben-miller-1.jpg

usher-haircut.jpg
wave grease is :scusthov: nobody wants that thick shyt in there hair in the summertime, plus it clogs your pores, its ok to use when wolfing but I dont fukk with grease at all.

some nappy head nikkas need it though but if I do use grease I prefer indian hemp.

Ronald McDonald

Even in the darkest nights, I'm a MAC for life
Daps
nikkas still arguing in my thread and have yet to give me an actual answer. If you don't know then say that, but don't come in here talking about white boy waves, what kinda hair can get better waves and shyt. Do you think I give a fukk if Kevin Durant can get waves?

Dumbasses. I asked this question because I was at a barbershop getting a cut and then barber was talking about my waves, a man in the chair next to me asked if I was half white and I was like "no, a quarter" and so he responds "that's why you're so wavy, you've got that good hair". Obviously the better the waves you have, the "gooder" your hair is, therefore it must equate to self hate.

its cause no one gives a fukk about your question fakkit :jawalrus:

Battle Beast

Over 9000!
Daps
Reppin
Jersey City, New Jerz
About 11 years ago I did a test using my homeboy little brother and his homey my boy bro is dominican but has similar texture as me his friend had brillo pad hair so I brushed the dominican kids hair out while constantly pouring water in his hair to train it and had that boy looking like a wave vet in under 7 minutes. His boy I had a much harder time getting his waves up to par, I tried using the same technique and it wasn't coming out as good after 10 minutes I gave up I got him the waves it just didn't look nowhere near as good as his dominican friend. The point of the story is control. Some textures have a much higher ceiling for control than others and can do more and get much more out of whatever you are trying to do with your hair. I'm Jamaican but I only brush after I take a shower and only wear a durag before a get a cut so I'm not even trying but I have so much control over my hair I make it do what I want it to. Waves is something black people historically used to maintain a well groomed look.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

this one fukkboi's opinion doesn't equate to every black male..:snoop:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
The curlier your hair is, the easier it is to get waves. It's common sense since waves are just laid down curls.

I'll speak for myself, I'm straight up negro and waves were never a problem for me. Just brush and go. Until a little later in life, I guess I was brushing my hair so much (in the shower too) that my hair became less nappy. Now I have hairs that are damn near straight. I'm still wavy but I gotta spend way more time dealing with stray hairs that literally grow straight out. These are mixed in with my regular hair. shyts bizarre.

I'm still wavy tho. :ufdup: My waves just look less negro-ish and more soft. (if that makes sense). My hair is harder to maintain tho. I can't just roll out of bed. I have to lay my shyt down for at least 30 minutes or it looks crazy. Also, its easy as hell for me to sweat out my waves... if that makes sense. :unsure:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps

To address your question. Waves aint special my nikka. Just about any black person can get them. They are aesthetically pleasing to the opposite sex tho and make nikkas feel good about themselves. All that self-hate/good hair talk is just you nikkas overthinking the topic. :why:

The man in the chair next to you was obviously trying to give you a blow job tho. :ufdup:

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To address your question. Waves aint special my nikka. Just about any black person can get them. They are aesthetically pleasing to the opposite sex tho and make nikkas feel good about themselves. All that self-hate/good hair talk is just you nikkas overthinking the topic. :why:

The man in the chair next to you was obviously trying to give you a blow job tho. :ufdup:

:dead:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps

:laff:
Yo this is mad hilarious

:childplease:

nikka u think i give a fukk bout what u think i am? :leostare:

Plus, I never said it was hard. I said it was harder

lol @ being white being an insult tho

this dude gotta be the most ignorant cac on this site. A white boy in here trying to tell black people about waves :russ:

only white boy I've ever seen rock waves was Harry Osborn :heh:
Harry%20Osborn.png