Why Are Waves So Special In The Black Community?

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
:snoop:

How many times i gotta tell you nikkas it doesnt matter what his race is the point is is that people with straighter hair (aka not naps) can get waves quicker, easier and fresher than nikkas with Afro textured hair (aka nappy hair) .

But when i provide proof you nikkas quick to pull the "he looks hispanic lol, i asked for pics of white people :why:" he LOOKS hispanic? You nikkas running out of arguments or what? Does it pain you that bad to know waves are not nikka exclusive? :pachaha:

That Is Not True lmaoooo

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
Because he showed a variety of hair texture. It is also true that Durant's wave will not look the same and it will take a lot of effort to get "wavy" like he wants to.

Melo and the other guy probably don't have to do very much (hence waves been easier/less effort for some textures).

And please tell me how you know this lol ?

Melo aint even got waves and williams waves is flabby.

You just arguing just to argue.

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
Wolfin is a know process to get waves breh, you gotta wolf. You cant get waves with a low or mid cut. :heh: what you combing or brushing

nikkas dont got time to be wolfin

fukk that shyt

you dont need to wolf to the point you get a afro

hit that barber every 2 weeks and you good

i never wolf and my shyt 360

everyone got diff methods tho. my waves deep and i never cared to wolf

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:snoop:

How many times i gotta tell you nikkas it doesnt matter what his race is the point is is that people with straighter hair (aka not naps) can get waves quicker, easier and fresher than nikkas with Afro textured hair (aka nappy hair) .

But when i provide proof you nikkas quick to pull the "he looks hispanic lol, i asked for pics of white people :why:" he LOOKS hispanic? You nikkas running out of arguments or what? Does it pain you that bad to know waves are not nikka exclusive? :pachaha:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgM8jiCuPfY[/ame]

[ame]http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshho14iX82Vq1y0Zh17[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqZJH6nfNkQ[/ame]

white boys trying to get waves would probably disagree :alright:

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
And please tell me how you know this lol ?

Melo aint even got waves and williams waves is flabby.

You just arguing just to argue.

Because his curl pattern is tighter and more compact. He will probably have to "train" his hair to behave like he wants it to. It seems like yall are arguing just to argue.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
Because his curl pattern is tighter and more compact. He will probably have to "train" his hair to behave like he wants it to. It seems like yall are arguing just to argue.

So are you a black man and have you ever had waves? You know a lot.

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps

serious question

how can you have this conversation if you dont have waves?

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
yall nikkas aight but yall aint got them 720 waves doe :mjpls:

especially that fukk nikka @houston911 :pacspit:

wp678f5ee4_06.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z14J7WMtMuo[/ame]

tumblr_ll09nhLpBD1qjf406o1_500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
even though you wont find many, it should at least be acknowledged they're trying to mimic us; not vice versa. which is more than i can say for black women in regards to hair. :mjpls: shots fired.
Black women trying to be like Cacs, Cac's trying to be like Us :leon::wow:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree with anyone who said that waves show that someone takes care of their hair. You don't have to brush every 5 minutes in order to get them, either. I'm a female and the first time I cut my hair, I just washed it and let it go. As it started to grow out, it was looking terrible so I cut it again. Second time I focused more on brushing my hair, typically in the morning or before bed and I slept with a durag and I started getting waves and now that my hair is growing out again, I believe the brushing (training) has helped because my hair just looks better when I choose not to wear a durag.

I haven't had a perm in nearly 3 years so my hair is pretty nappy and it wasn't very difficult for my hair to wave up at all. It's just a matter of taking care of it.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
So are you a black man and have you ever had waves? You know a lot.

That is a dumb response. Black men and women have the same variety of hair texture. I am natural. I have read extensively about black hair texture and hair in general. I know MORE than YOU through experience and taking the time to be well read on the subject of BLACK HAIR!

I DO have WAVES and a kinky/curly hair texture. My hair does things that my friends which their could but guess what? They can't do it as easily and the styles do not look the same.I have taken care of black boy/girl (I have more than 10 nieces and nephews with a variety of textures and curl patterns) and men/women hair (I used to braid hair in high school and to this day I style natural haired women). Negro...not all hair can achieve the same styles as easily as others. Go read a damn book about the science of hair and black hair THEN come back and have a conversation with me.