Why are men so petty when it comes to female appearance?

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
So you actually take that statement seriously? :dwillhuh:

Do you actually believe that?:patrice:
For some black men,yes I believe so. Where does all that frustration from oppression go? We'd be naive to think it just disappears. Black men are human and that have emotions and these frustration have to come out in some way or some form. BM aren't brainless monsters who hurt just because.

Men take that statement as coming from a place of "bitterness" But for the first time it really humanizes black men and gives depth to plight of the BM experience. Where as white supermacy classifies black men as born savages with no reasoning behind their actions other than being black . Don't understand why BM are against this.:manny:

aaaaaaa

Banned
Daps
For some black men,yes I believe so. Where does all that frustration from oppression go? We'd be naive to think it just disappears. Black men are human and that have emotions and these frustration have to come out in some way or some form. BM aren't brainless monsters who hurt just because.

Men take that statement as coming from a place of "bitterness" But for the first time it really humanizes black men and gives depth to plight of the BM experience. Where as white supermacy classifies black men as born savages with no reasoning behind their actions other than being black . Don't understand why BM are against this.:manny:

#1 she's saying that we are marginal men.

#2 she's saying that the only power we will ever have is the power to shyt on black women.

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps

As long as you know that you are generalizing just like the c00ns in TLR. Its just weird seeing both sides(male female) speak from ignorance with so much conviction.

aaaaaaa

Banned
Daps
As long as you know that you are generalizing just like the c00ns in TLR. Its just weird seeing both sides(male female) speak from ignorance with so much conviction.

There a huge cac infestation in TLR and they are the ones responsible for all the anti black women shyt.

I have noticed with a lot of black women, you guys like to hold onto slights much longer than is needed. Let it go brehettes we all love u. Ur our queens

Dave-Chappelle-As-Rick-James-Wants-Your-Loving.gif

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps
There a huge cac infestation in TLR and they are the ones responsible for all the anti black women shyt.

I have noticed with a lot of black women, you guys like to hold onto slights much longer than is needed. Let it go brehettes we all love u. Ur our queens

Dave-Chappelle-As-Rick-James-Wants-Your-Loving.gif

Apparently i discriminate on black women because I will never have power LOL overall we allow too much division within the black race from white people trolling us. I love and respect black women. i do not disrespect nor discriminate on them. In real life i do not see these issues but on here you swear black men hate black women. We don't even know if most of these people are actually black yet they are ready to make such generalizations. I practice black unity in my daily so its all good but i do wish black relations on here were a lot better.

Giselle

Bushed
Daps
I think looks are equally important to men & women in general. It depends on the person, not gender, of how "petty" they are when it comes to appearance. Good looks aren't the most important thing anyway, they won't keep people around for long. Being goodlooking is just the bait. :smile:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I think looks are equally important to men & women in general. It depends on the person, not gender, of how "petty" they are when it comes to appearance. Good looks aren't the most important thing anyway, they won't keep people around for long. Being goodlooking is just the bait. :smile:
:mjpls:

old_timer

Taxi Squad
Daps
i am just reflecting on my own assumptions
i assume by a certain age, women have optimzed their appearance
they know their best hair style, their bst skin product
know what features to accentuate, etc.

my wife (rip) had entered beauty pageants, swimsuit contests
i suspected she spent time on "knowing what worked" for her
likewise i had/have a nordstrum shopper to help me with my clothes
i mean, these details matter

so it was crazy when one year she started changing stuff
and pretty much every modification was a step backwards
turns out all her friends had started little businesses
each of them pushing products that made her net appearance worse
i can laugh about it now but that was some shyt
suddenly everyone and their sister was her beauty consultant
full

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I seen several instances on this site and off this site where men toss women for the most pettiest shyt.
That Janelle Monae Thread,
Dudes in that thread are talking about "now that she lost her tux she's fine" on some dumb shyt.
She has the same face, body, make up and hair but the tux is was the crux of her unattractiveness ?:what:

Got 13 daps

Another example in a Lupita thread,
Dudes called a clearly attractive female "ugly" because she has a short hairstyle.

short= male and long hair= female are social beauty constructs and mainly European based ones. Almost everyones hair grows at the same rate.

That degrassi thread...

:what:Even I can see this girl is attractive with or without glasses and hair changes but for some guys they act like it's a drastic change because a woman has on glasses and a ponytail.

I'm female and I can tell these females are attractive either way yet very small meaningless cosmetic,fashion, hair, or accessory changes send these nikkas over the edge.:dahell:
imogen been my crush forever even with her degrassi look. link me to that thread famo