Why are men so petty when it comes to female appearance?

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
As long as you know that you are generalizing just like the c00ns in TLR. Its just weird seeing both sides(male female) speak from ignorance with so much conviction.
Clearly i said "SOME" black men not all black men so how am I generalizing?

Plus, you have to look this objectively. This isn't a bashing season. So take your boxing gloves off. White supermacy effects black men in a multitude of ways. It effects BW in many ways as well.

Is the thought that SOME black men taking their aggression out on BW and that aggression stems from the white supremacy that far fetched? In my opinion, NO its not. Be opened minded and stop thinking BW are trying to attack you all the time.

Hell, I think some Black women take their oppressive aggression out on Black men. As a Black woman, am angry about this? No! thats just the way it is.

You guys are ready to get defensive at the drop of a hat without truly reading what i said.

How is my statement about "humanizing Black men"= attacking them. I'm not understanding?:what: Explain, Because that explanation was NOT in anyway shape or form c00n like and I stand firmly by that.

Last edited:

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
#1 she's saying that we are marginal men.

#2 she's saying that the only power we will ever have is the power to shyt on black women.
You ARE marginal Men!!! :what: So are BW. For fukk sakes Black People are marginalized like shyt. IF we weren't this discussion wouldn't be relevant.

I'm saying some Black men abuse their male privilege with BW and that is NOT unrealistic.

BezO

Highbrow
Daps
Reppin
NYC -> DC
I seen several instances on this site and off this site where men toss women for the most pettiest shyt.
That Janelle Monae Thread,
Dudes in that thread are talking about "now that she lost her tux she's fine" on some dumb shyt.
She has the same face, body, make up and hair but the tux is was the crux of her unattractiveness ?:what:

Got 13 daps
We like femine appearances.

Personally, I can only guess what Janelle Monae looks like. Make up too heavy.

Another example in a Lupita thread,
Dudes called a clearly attractive female "ugly" because she has a short hairstyle.

short= male and long hair= female are social beauty constructs and mainly European based ones. Almost everyones hair grows at the same rate.
Clearly attractive? As in universally? No such thing IMO.

Unfortunatley, yeah, short hair is viewed as masculine and again, we like feminine appearances.

Personally, I dig short cuts, especially when they're natural. IMO, the better lookin' the woman, the less hair she needs. It tends to be distractin'.

That degrassi thread...

:what:Even I can see this girl is attractive with or without glasses and hair changes but for some guys they act like it's a drastic change because a woman has on glasses and a ponytail.

I'm female and I can tell these females are attractive either way yet very small meaningless cosmetic,fashion, hair, or accessory changes send these nikkas over the edge.:dahell:
These are all just preferences. I don't think any of them are any more or less "petty" than any other preference. Folks express themselves via style. Folks will either like it or won't. And it's no different than how women view our style. You'd be one of the few that didn't admit to lookin' at a man's shoes to make an initial judgement. Height, haircut, shave or any other "petty" feature.

But you seem to be stuck on this universally beautiful thing that doesn't exist. It's OK for folks to not like what you like.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
No I read it, you didn't go after the "prettiest girls" and blah blah blah. but you're still bitter because people weren't attracted to an unattractive person. and that's how a lot of "late blooming" guys are. they claim they were genuinely nice guys but they turned into a$$holes once people started being attracted to them. No, you were always an a$$hole, you just couldn't show it because it would give someone another reason to not be attracted to you. You were supposedly a genuinely nice person but now you're treating women that did nothing to you wrong because people weren't attracted to you in HS.
:banderas:

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
So as a woman, if you (not you per se) think of men like that then you should either be single or a lesbian right?:lupe:

Just because you hate men, doesn't mean you hate all of them. Like I hate white people but I love my stepsister & brothers. :manny:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Just because you hate men, doesn't mean you hate all of them. Like I hate white people but I love my stepsister & brothers. :manny:
Like I edited above today is Friday and I don't wan to hut up me head bout dis nonsense :ehh:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Its alright. You're good.
Or is she
3v1n.gif