Why are Dominicans wholly convinced they aren't black?

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Serious question. I've NEVER met a Dominican that acknowledges themselves as black. If you call them that they get extremely offended and always have to clarify to you that they identify as "Dominican", or one of the ethnicities from the DR like taino (I think that's what it's called).

Do these nikkas not understand that nationality/ethnicity is not tied to race? :dahell:

What blows my mind even more is not only do they not acknowledge themselves as black, but some of them genuinely think they're above them. I've had Dominicans dudes who're darker than me with nappier hair deadass look me in the eye and have the nerve to make disparaging comments about black people to me. Like...what?:dwillhuh:

:lolbron::lolbron::lolbron::lolbron::lolbron:

This dude baited y'all into having this conversation again.

Dude only had 1 post in here and sat back like :troll:

DabbinSauce

Banned
Daps
like its been said, black=african american in MANY people's eyes. right or wrong, thats just what that label means.

im a white boy looking dominican and ive hit people with the "im not white, im dominican" before :manny:
I'm from the south, never even met a dominican so i really dont care either way but how in the hell can you as a white dominican speak for black dominicans?:comeon:

that's like a white american trying to tell a black african that black americans aren't black

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Let them cook. We only need people on team black who want to be here. When they get a few white wake up calls as a community then they will ask their black cousins to come help and will start quoting Martin and Malcolm like bible verses.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I'm from the south, never even met a dominican so i really dont care either way but how in the hell can you as a white dominican speak for black dominicans?:comeon:

that's like a white american trying to tell a black african that black americans aren't black

Im not speaking for anybody, I'm defending my people. Most black Dominicans will cosign everything I say. I'm a white looking dominican, but I'm mixed and I'm from a very mixed family and most of the men in my family are black, so it's not like I'm some country white boy from Idaho talking about the black struggle.

And I never said Dominicans aren't black, of course we all have African ancestry. I said a black dominican and a white dominican will both identify as dominican before they identify as black or white, and every body who isn't American understands that. It's only here in the US that race is the most important description.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Im not speaking for anybody, I'm defending my people. Most black Dominicans will cosign everything I say. I'm a white looking dominican, but I'm mixed and I'm from a very mixed family and most of the men in my family are black, so it's not like I'm some country white boy from Idaho talking about the black struggle.

And I never said Dominicans aren't black, of course we all have African ancestry. I said a black dominican and a white dominican will both identify as dominican before they identify as black or white, and every body who isn't American understands that. It's only here in the US that race is the most important description.
This is pretty clear.

Its like a white mexican identifying himself as white, he won't .. he will just say he's mexican... same with someone like dos santos.. he's nit gonna say he's black, he just gonna say he's mexican... for the most part this applies in alot of places but here in the us.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
This is pretty clear.

Its like a white mexican identifying himself as white, he won't .. he will just say he's mexican... same with someone like dos santos.. he's nit gonna say he's black, he just gonna say he's mexican... for the most part this applies in alot of places but here in the us.

I been banging my head on the wall for almost 3 years trying to explain that to these fools. Idk why I keep trying :pachaha:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
This is pretty clear.

He will here in the US. Ive seen it first hand where mexicans mixed with white denounce their mexican side

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
He will here in the US. Ive seen it first hand where mexicans mixed with white denounce their mexican side

That's no real Mexican and any Mexican will disown his fakkit ass. Just like Dominicans shytted on a rod and dudes even dropped diss tracks on him when he decided to play for team USA instead of Dr in the world baseball classic. shyt dudes were shytting on Oscar de la Hoya at one point too but I can't remember why.