Why are Dominicans wholly convinced they aren't black?

Quarterback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCOaI06zAvg
Daps
Reppin
Where many murders occur
I was born in NY to Jamaican parents. Most Jamaicans born in America tend to gravitate more towards American culture over Jamaican culture. While Dominicans were catching feelings over an American born athlete choosing to represent America over them, you had Jamaican born athletes choosing to rep the US.
:what: Who?

Who would you rather rep? You better choose
2000px-Flag_of_Jamaica.svg.png

Never forget who you are, nikka

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Im not speaking for anybody, I'm defending my people. Most black Dominicans will cosign everything I say. I'm a white looking dominican, but I'm mixed and I'm from a very mixed family and most of the men in my family are black, so it's not like I'm some country white boy from Idaho talking about the black struggle.

And I never said Dominicans aren't black, of course we all have African ancestry. I said a black dominican and a white dominican will both identify as dominican before they identify as black or white, and every body who isn't American understands that. It's only here in the US that race is the most important description.
:ufdup:

Kobe24

Banned
Daps
Serious question. I've NEVER met a Dominican that acknowledges themselves as black. If you call them that they get extremely offended and always have to clarify to you that they identify as "Dominican", or one of the ethnicities from the DR like taino (I think that's what it's called).

Do these nikkas not understand that nationality/ethnicity is not tied to race? :dahell:

What blows my mind even more is not only do they not acknowledge themselves as black, but some of them genuinely think they're above them. I've had Dominicans dudes who're darker than me with nappier hair deadass look me in the eye and have the nerve to make disparaging comments about black people to me. Like...what?:dwillhuh:

Sounds like the people that think Mexican is a race on this forum :russ:

The USA brainwashed 95% of people into believing Latinos are a race :upsetfavre:

Dominicans honestly feel like you are insulting them because they were lead to believe like everyone else "Latino" is a race.:troll:

Quarterback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCOaI06zAvg
Daps
Reppin
Where many murders occur
Sounds like the people that think Mexican is a race on this forum :russ:

The USA brainwashed 95% of people into believing Latinos are a race :upsetfavre:

Dominicans honestly feel like you are insulting them because they were lead to believe like everyone else "Latino" is a race.:troll:
It ain't that, nikka, it's just the way we label shyt. You Mexicans cannot be white no matter how light your skin is. Them are the rules, and it's a good thing

Kobe24

Banned
Daps
It ain't that, nikka, it's just the way we label shyt. You Mexicans cannot be white no matter how light your skin is. Them are the rules, and it's a good thing

I'm not white because I have 20% non cac blood. I took genetic tests,there are Mexicans that are 100% European descendants. I don't consider myself white because in America if you don't have 100% euroblood you aren't white. If you have 100% Caucasian blood you are white no matter what anyone feels.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was born in NY to Jamaican parents. Most Jamaicans born in America tend to gravitate more towards American culture over Jamaican culture. While Dominicans were catching feelings over an American born athlete choosing to represent America over them, you had Jamaican born athletes choosing to rep the US.
Maybe thats the case with Jamaicans, but nowadays, most Nigerian Americans and Ghanaian Americans I see rep their mother country first before anything

that wasnt the case growing up in the 90's and early 00's though.
I'm not white because I have 20% non cac blood. I took genetic tests,there are Mexicans that are 100% European descendants. I don't consider myself white because in America if you don't have 100% euroblood you aren't white. If you have 100% Caucasian blood you are white no matter what anyone feels.
Please, I know a number of 'white' people who have biracial grandmothers/fathers and parents. that shyt is Reeal common in the South

Talking about keeping the race pure yet your great grandma was a biracial woman :mjlol:

being white in Murrica has more to do with how somebody looks (same with being black in America)

Kobe24

Banned
Daps
Maybe thats the case with Jamaicans, but nowadays, most Nigerian Americans and Ghanaian Americans I see rep their mother country first before anything

that wasnt the case growing up in the 90's and early 00's though.

Please, I know a number of 'white' people who have biracial grandmothers/fathers and parents. that shyt is Reeal common in the South

Talking about keeping the race pure yet your great grandma was a biracial woman :mjlol:

being white in Murrica has more to do with how somebody looks (same with being black in America)

Back in my younger days people would say you look white you aren't Mexican and I would feel deeply offended. Latin Americans feel great pride about their nationality period. I live in a town that's 90% white and always got those types of comments,shyt gets old honestly and I think Dominicans feel the same way. I am not going to identify with a white american because our ancestors went through completely different things and the mexican culture is completely different than white culture. I am not embarrassed about being predominantly white,but I am Mexican first and foremost.