why are anime characters drawn white??

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
but it was adapted because it was innovative as an animation style and has been adapted but more people than just asians
you're basically saying their adaptation has to look asian because they're asian

catty insults aside, it's not mental illness, its a social/cultural problem and all you've basically done about it is gossip, so why are you trying to be so self righteous about it now? You didn't say anything about asian self love or anything, you just posted a bunch of articles about them changing the shape of their eyes. It looks funny. There was no point in which you came off like you were concerned about them at all. I'm not trying to be a bytch to you, I'm just trying to tell you how you came off.

This thread centers around Anime characters western appearance, in Asia, the most popular surgeries are surgeries that give Asians a more western appearance, many Asian people who get these surgeries are ashamed to even admit they went under the knife in the first place and that's very important to note in this discussion of how Anime depictions of Asian people are presented to them.

If you want a thread about Asian love, start a discussion in TLR about Hello Kitty.

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
This thread centers around Anime characters western appearance, in Asia, the most popular surgeries are surgeries that give Asians a more western appearance, many Asian people who get these surgeries are ashamed to even admit they went under the knife in the first place and that's very important to note in this discussion of how Anime depictions of Asian people are presented to them.

If you want a thread about Asian love, start a discussion in TLR about Hello Kitty.
So then...what? Is there anything to this other than speculation? Maybe I've gotten sensitive from white spots on the internet making fun of black people bleaching their skin and weaves but I just don't really see why someone would be fighting to prove that asian people have self hate issues. So a percentage of asians put western culture on a pedestal. Now what? And asian self love is completely relevant to this :ufdup:
She would look more like a realistic Japanese person. :sas2:
She'd look more Asian than European.
But all the characters from various countries look the same when drawn by the same artist :dahell:
like the dark skinned guy from kuroko

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
She would look more like a realistic Japanese person. :sas2:

Many Japanese celebrities are embarrassed to admit that they’ve had the procedure done and as soon as the media starts to speculate, these celebrities deny it and insist that they have always had double eyelids. Many popular Japanese fashion magazines are now using Ha-FU models to popularize the Western Asian look.

This procedure is so popular in Asia that there are products designed to mimic the double eyelid look without having to have the surgery. Eyelid glue and tape both create temporary creases, so you can decide for yourself whether you want to spend the money to actually have a plastic surgery. Obviously, double eyelid glue and tape are the cheap alternatives to surgery.

Why are they embarrassed to admit they've had the surgery, why are their publications primarily using models with this surgery?

:lupe:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
But all the characters from various countries look the same when drawn by the same artist :dahell:
like the dark skinned guy from kuroko
They all look the same correct? Then my point about them not showing distinctive features properly including their own stands.

Blackout

Daps
So he can maintain that they "look Japanese to Japanese people"

Which is absurd
They can say that all they want. We have the same sight as them and we have nothing personal against the japanese so I dont know why they think we can speak on it.

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
Good, so when I say they do not look like Japanese people then why couldnt you just say that. :sas1:
because you're singling out japanese people, trying to police their craft and shyt :ufdup:
plus why are black people just letting white people be considered the standard for everything. Anime characters don't even have to look like real life whites for people to think they look white :mindblown:
edit: plus I'm serious about them looking asian to me, I think perception is a big part of this

Blackout

Daps
because you're singling out japanese people, trying to police their craft and shyt :ufdup:
plus why are black people just letting white people be considered the standard for everything. Anime characters don't even have to look like real life whites for people to think they look white :mindblown:
Im not policing anything im just calling out what I see. You assume too much. :sas2:

Letting white people be the standard for everything? Their art was affected by the west/disney/white media, blond hair and blue eyes and rounder eyes are white features so there is nothing else for them to look like and I also say some anime characters look like sharks and snakes are you gonna accuse me of making sharks and snakes the standard of everything too? :mjlol:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
edit: plus I'm serious about them looking asian to me, I think perception is a big part of this

Whites are the standard for everything, it's not up to non-whites to decide, your personal views on life won't change that as it's the reality, white is default on planet earth.

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
Im not policing anything im just calling out what I see.

Letting white people be the standard for everything? Their art was affected by the west/disney/white media, blond hair and blue eyes and rounder eyes are white features so there is nothing else for them to look like and I say some anime characters look like sharks and snakes are you gonna accuse me of making sharks and snake the standard of everything too? :mjlol:
you keep saying blonde hair and blue eyes like most main characters don't have black/brown hair and eyes
ex most male mc's excluding flashy battle shounen shyt
you're being really selective
I can give you several mangas where the characters have no recognizable specific white features, other than not being black and not having straight hair

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
you keep saying blonde hair and blue eyes like most main characters don't have black/brown hair and eyes
ex most male mc's excluding flashy battle shounen shyt
you're being really selective
I can give you several mangas where the characters have no recognizable specific white features, other than not being black and not having straight hair

Now is the opportunity to post the images here in the thread as we've been doing since page one last year.