why are anime characters drawn white??

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
to YOU they dont

to japanese people they do
so ..... the real issue is

why do you care what something looks like to some other group of people??
I call out what I see.

If a character looks white then Im going to say it.
If I truly cared I would be pleading with them to make it look more japanese. :mjlol:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
the shyt I don't like is that the Japanese will portray Japanese characters as looking ambiguously white or Japanese, but when it comes to other races, they are usually exaggerated stereotypes...Dhalsim, Balrog, Mr popo, etc;

Hunter X Hunter is a little refreshing in this regard, I like how they portray different races...I hope it's style becomes the norm.

shonuff

All Star
Daps
I call out what I see.

If a character looks white then Im going to say it.

to YOU they look white

to THEM they look japanese - YOU are the one making an ( erroneous ) observation and conclusion

why do THEY have to conform to what you think they should look like in their style of drawing???

the argument you make is crazy - if you want to "prove" that its a giant plot of white supremacy then at least get your facts straight is all i am saying

Blackout

Daps
to YOU they look white

to THEM they look japanese - YOU are the one making an ( erroneous ) observation and conclusion

why do THEY have to conform to what you think they should look like in their style of drawing???

the argument you make is crazy - if you want to "prove" that its a giant plot of white supremacy then at least get your facts straight is all i am saying
All I said is that a lot of characters look more white based on their features.

Knowing the style itself was inspired from Disney aka the West is just fact. :sas2:

I did not say all of that other shyt. :ufdup:

shonuff

All Star
Daps
All I said is that a lot of characters look more white based on their features.

Knowing the style itself was inspired from Disney aka the West is just fact. :sas2:

I did not say all of that other shyt. :ufdup:

ok again if its inspired by the west - and to THEM the characters look japanese - then the error seems to be yours to say they "look" white -

to THEM the characters LOOK japanese and are Japanese -

your perspective is the one thats fukked up - not theirs

Blackout

Daps
ok again if its inspired by the west - and to THEM the characters look japanese - then the error seems to be yours to say they "look" white -

to THEM the characters LOOK japanese and are Japanese -

your perspective is the one thats fukked up - not theirs
There is no error here and there is no fukked up persepctive. My sight is as good as theirs. I know what I see.

The art is also inspired by the west not their own old school art therefore it links them to the west.

Argue all you want I know what I see and many of their characters do not look like actual japanese people and some even look white. Its not just me seeing this based on the many people who agree with me.

shonuff

All Star
Daps
There is no error here and there is no fukked up persepctive. My sight is as good as theirs. I know what I see.

The art is also inspired by the west not their own old school art therefore it links them to the west.

Argue all you want I know what I see and many of their characters do not look like actual japanese people and some even look white. Its not just me seeing this based on the many people who agree with me.

and a lot of hip hop and current animation is inspired by japanese anime - so ......

well if those that agree with you have your same fukked up perspective - dont make it a correct perspective - just makes one fool finding another to agree with his being foolish

no matter how many other fools you find it still means you are a fool

Blackout

Daps
and a lot of hip hop and current animation is inspired by japanese anime - so ......

well if those that agree with you have your same fukked up perspective - dont make it a correct perspective - just makes one fool finding another to agree with his being foolish

no matter how many other fools you find it still means you are a fool
Sounds like what I said made you angry lol.

It isnt a fukked up perspective, its something that many see.

Call me whatever name you want but that doesnt change the fact that round eyes, blond hair and blue eyes are not native japanese features.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Sounds like what I said made you angry lol.

It isnt a fukked up perspective, its something that many see.

Call me whatever name you want but that doesnt change the fact that round eyes, blond hair and blue eyes are not native japanese features.

One of the most popular surgeries in Asia is a surgery to give the eyes a more western appearance and what's interesting is they deny getting the surgery when people suspect them of doing so.

The self hate is strong and it's trickled down into everything including the way they depict themselves in art.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
you mean white hollywood?
white hollywood has been getting shyt wrong from the start, why would asians get special treatment? :dahell:

They're not getting it wrong. They're just using anime standards. :ehh: Imagine them as Japanese and poof! they're Japanese, blue eyes and all.

Blackout

Daps
One of the most popular surgeries in Asia is a surgery to give the eyes a more western appearance and what's interesting is they deny getting the surgery when people suspect them of doing so.

The self hate is strong and it's trickled down into everything including the way they depict themselves in art.

:banderas:

They're not getting it wrong. They're just using anime standards. :ehh: Imagine them as Japanese and poof! they're Japanese, blue eyes and all.
:banderas:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Watch this entire video and listen to the doctors describe how their patients are going under the knife because they want to have a more American face.