why are anime characters drawn white??

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
They're not getting it wrong. They're just using anime standards. :ehh: Imagine them as Japanese and poof! they're Japanese, blue eyes and all.
casting an actual person of a distinguishable race and having a racially ambiguous drawn character are different though
you actually have to make the effort to include racial phenotypes into drawings which doesn't match a simplified style and is actually difficult to make appealing/believable
false equivalency, breh

shonuff

All Star
Daps
Sounds like what I said made you angry lol.

It isnt a fukked up perspective, its something that many see.

no its what YOU see and you found osmoene who agrees with you - doesnt make your perspective corrrect or your interpretations deductions or conclusions correct - japanese see only japanese people in the charaters - what you see is not what japanese people see at all - so if you are saying you know them better than they know themselves - that smacks of the very arrogance you supposedly are in opposition of

Call me whatever name you want but that doesnt change the fact that round eyes, blond hair and blue eyes are not native japanese features.

uh no youd be wrong -the ainu are japanese with blond hair that live in the north - and japanese draw people with all kinds of crazy colored eyes - magenta pink purple grey etc - there are japanese with red browun and every kind of strand of hair . curly straign and wavy

so again - your statements when viewed against facts falls pretty flat -

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
no its what YOU see and you found osmoene who agrees with you - doesnt make your perspective corrrect or your interpretations deductions or conclusions correct - japanese see only japanese people in the charaters - what you see is not what japanese people see at all - so if you are saying you know them better than they know themselves - that smacks of the very arrogance you supposedly are in opposition of

uh no youd be wrong -the ainu are japanese with blond hair that live in the north - and japanese draw people with all kinds of crazy colored eyes - magenta pink purple grey etc - there are japanese with red browun and every kind of strand of hair . curly straign and wavy

your info about the ainu people is flat out bullshyt

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
It's not, the thread title clearly states what this thread is about.
I don't really understand then, what a group of black people are doing in speculating about another races issues with colorism and westernization (and anime isn't even a good example of that)
you especially, posting a bunch of stuff about eyelid surgery
it reads like a bunch of whites or latinos talking about blacks bleaching their skin or participating in "white" cultures, it's just like...what are you trying to do? It comes off like you're laughing at them hating themselves (when they don't, just like you don't hate yourself because a percentage of blacks bleach their skin). Rubs me the wrong way. :manny:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps

I can see features and such. Their distinct eyes arent hard to distinguish from others. I can clearly see how round eyes arent like the eyes of most japanese. If you cant see that then something is wrong with you.

As if the characters that Im talkng about are said to be ainu so that excuse fails.

Even though Id like to see ainu with natural blond hair.

Yes japanese draw them with different hair and different eye colors yet you dont get mad when people say pink hair and rainbow colored eyes arent native Japanese features so they do not look like actual japanese people now do you, yet when I say it for the look of their eyes and connect it to western looks all of a sudden your up in arms. :sas2:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I don't really understand then, what a group of black people are doing in speculating about another races issues with colorism and westernization (and anime isn't even a good example of that)
it reads like a bunch of whites or latinos talking about blacks bleaching their skin or participating in "white" cultures, it's just like...what are you trying to do? It comes off like you're laughing at them hating themselves (when they don't, just like you don't hate yourself because a percentage of blacks bleach their skin). Rubs me the wrong way. :manny:

Read from page one, we're not laughing at anyone for hating themselves as we are plagued with people in our own communities with the very same issues.

if you don't get it, move along and try again in a different thread.

Blackout

Daps
Anime inspired by Disney aka westernisation:

http://themovieblog.com/2013/how-walt-disney-influenced-anime/

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
Read from page one, we're not laughing at anyone for hating themselves as we are plagued with people in our own communities with the very same issues.

if you don't get it, move along and try again in a different thread.
so it's a circlejerk only? :rudy:
no one is talking about anything positive, it reads as "haha, those silly asians wish they were white people"
I'm not even saying it has to be positive, but don't get catty because of how I read the tone of the thread

Disney is Disney because of the art and the animation, not because the characters are white

Blackout

Daps
Disney is Disney because of the art and the animation, not because the characters are white
Disney is western animation which is how it shows "westernization" when the East used it to influence their art.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
so it's a circlejerk only? :rudy:
no one is talking about anything positive, it reads as "haha, those silly asians wish they were white people"
I'm not even saying it has to be positive, but don't get catty because of how I read the tone of the thread

it's not our fault that you have poor reading comprehension skills, the fact that the most popular surgeries in Asia are surgeries to give Asians a more western look is no laughing matter, it's a mental illness.

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
Disney is western animation which is how it shows "westernization" when the East used it to influence their art.
but it was adapted because it was innovative as an animation style and has been adapted but more people than just asians
you're basically saying their adaptation has to look asian because they're asian

it's not our fault that you have poor reading comprehension skills, the fact that the most popular surgeries in Asia are surgeries to give Asians a more western look is no laughing matter, it's a mental illness.
catty insults aside, it's not mental illness, its a social/cultural problem and all you've basically done about it is gossip, so why are you trying to be so self righteous about it now? You didn't say anything about asian self love or anything, you just posted a bunch of articles about them changing the shape of their eyes. It looks funny. There was no point in which you came off like you were concerned about them at all. I'm not trying to be a bytch to you, I'm just trying to tell you how you came off.

Blackout

Daps
but it was adapted because it was innovative as an animation style and has been adapted but more people than just asians
you're basically saying their adaptation has to look asian because they're asian
Doesnt matter why it was adapted. Anybody who uses Disneys techniques aka western animation to base their art were affected by the west.

The man even admits he got it from disney. There is no arguing that.

I am saying that if they want it to be more realistic it should look like the real thing. If that isnt their intent then its whatever.

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
Doesnt matter why it was adapted. Anybody who uses Disney to base their art are affected by westernization.

I am saying that if they want i to be more realistic it should look like the real thing. If that isnt their intent then its whatever.
so a 14 year old pink haired magical girl would be more realistic if her eyes were slanted?