why are anime characters drawn white??

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
The thread title says "why do anime characters look white" and not "why do anime characters look non japanese" but okay
Well looking white is non japanese anyway so whats the problem boo?

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Takashi Okazaki must also hate himself as well since his main character is non-japanese. :troll:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Blepharoplasty, also known as the double eyelid surgery is one of the most popular cosmetic surgeries in Japan. The surgery is performed to transform the Asian “monolid” into a Western-style “double lid,” thereby making the patient’s eyes look bigger.

Although there are people in Asia with natural double eyelids, single eyelids are more common in East Asians. However you wouldn’t know this by looking at many popular fashion magazines as many Japanese celebrities have had the double eyelid surgery done.

Asians who have this procedure done are often criticized for trying to look more “White”

Many Japanese celebrities are embarrassed to admit that they’ve had the procedure done and as soon as the media starts to speculate, these celebrities deny it and insist that they have always had double eyelids. Many popular Japanese fashion magazines are now using Ha-FU models to popularize the Western Asian look.

This procedure is so popular in Asia that there are products designed to mimic the double eyelid look without having to have the surgery. Eyelid glue and tape both create temporary creases, so you can decide for yourself whether you want to spend the money to actually have a plastic surgery. Obviously, double eyelid glue and tape are the cheap alternatives to surgery.

eyelids.jpg

I was having lunch with my American girlfriend recently, and something came up, and we started talking about double eyelids. I told her about the double eyelid glue, and she was stunned.

“So, you are saying that Japanese women use glue to have double eyelids?! Is that safe?”, my friend asked. She has beautiful rounded double eyelids with blue eyes, and she has never heard of the word double eyelids.

Double eyelid glues are fairly safe. I’ve used it before, and it didn’t cause any skin irritation or issues. In fact, you can use the false eyelash adhesive as the double eyelid glue. It is the same thing. You apply the glue where you want the crease to be in your eyelid, and you will have somewhat natural “glued” double eyelids.

My Japanese friends in high school used to use the glues, and I still remember how different they looked without any makeup and the artificial double eyelids during high school field trip. The difference was quite shocking.

Double eyelid tapes works the same way, but I personally prefer glue to tape. You put a thin tape on your eyelid, and unlike the glue, the tape does not dry out so it is more visible. Tape is more useful for photo shoot or special occasion. (Halloween, Party etc).

eye-glue.jpg

Double eyelid is considered to be a gold standard of beauty not only in Japan but also in most East Asian countries. It’s easy to criticize the women who have this procedure done as being ashamed of being Asian and trying to look more Caucasian. The truth is that many young women are often trying to emulate Japanese pop idols, who undergo the procedure as a matter of course.

We can always have plastic surgery if we are willing to take certain risks and pay the costs, but we should feel good about ourselves regardless. If you are confident now and just want to look more beautiful, go ahead and get the double eyelid surgery.

http://blog.gaijinpot.com/japanese-double-eyelid-surgery/

:lupe:

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
Well looking white is non japanese anyway so whats the problem boo?
all these implication heavy:mjpls:type posts directed at some escapist hobby/programming for children on some far away island are a little misguided.
I also don't like the implication that everything that doesn't look like a designated race is white. Why is everything about white people? I know colorism exists but at the same time, sitting there and expecting every type of media that comes from an asian creator to come in some cliched "kung pow" kind of package is obnoxious. That does for paintings as well, not just anime.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Man, let me tell you all something right now; if black artists, particularly black women, started drawing themselves in more European fashion, diminishing or outright eliminating, features they are known for how the hell do you think that would be received? A dark skinned, blonde aired, blue eyed, thin lipped, no ass or hips shaped heroine, but it's cool because she's "black." It's just an art style guys. :troll:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Naruto_the_Last,_Hinata_confirmation.png

I don't know but they all look asian to me. :yeshrug:

On a side note you militants are annoying as fukk. :wow:

I guess every character in anime is supposed to have black hair and black eyes. :heh:
These dudes want guys named Edward Elric and Roger Smith to look Asian. :heh:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
all these implication heavy:mjpls:type posts directed at some escapist hobby/programming for children on some far away island are a little misguided.
I also don't like the implication that everything that doesn't look like a designated race is white. Why is everything about white people? I know colorism exists but at the same time, sitting there and expecting every type of media that comes from an asian creator to come in some cliched "kung pow" kind of package is obnoxious. That does for paintings as well, not just anime.
I guess its because rounded eyes and such is more toward whites than asians which is how I saw it.

Then Naruto came along with blond hair and blue eyes and now Im seeing the resemblance more.

I mean there are some characters in anime who look japanese but some are hit and miss.

Im just calling out what I see.

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
They made a study on this its not only manga but ppl who brainwashed/or idolize the western culture

It's like the black kid who draws/or daydream of superheros but none of them resemble him in a sense. All white characters even him
I remember makin a file on DC universe with my little brother(he's a big manga/comic book fan)
I make a swagged out speedster and I watch this man make some white guy with brown hair named "Ricky":comeon::leostare:
Not the only time that kinda cornball chit happed either
:dwillhuh:

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
I guess its because rounded eyes and such is more toward whites than asians which is how I saw it.

Then Naruto came along with blond hair and blue eyes and now Im seeing the resemblance more.

I mean there are some characters in anime who look japanese but some are hit and miss.
All the characters look asian to me because when I reading, I'm looking at the characters trying to figure out what they based them on (like idols/actors), but I read mostly shoujo/seinen so I guess not having the flashy battle shounen characters makes it a little easier.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Man, let me tell you all something right now; if black artists, particularly black women, started drawing themselves in more European fashion, diminishing or outright eliminating, features they are known for how the hell do you think that would be received? A dark skinned, blonde aired, blue eyed, thin lipped, no ass or hips shaped heroine, but it's cool because she's "black." It's just an art style guys. :troll:

People are gonna just pretend like they didn't see this post tho.

:mjlol:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

Lil-Kim.jpg

fukking disgusting it has happened......

iVgxUaBNknmmu.jpeg

what happened to my chocolate goddess????:why:

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First and foremost:

Why are black people on a black forum worried about how asian people draw themselves? I dont watch anime no more but when I did, the first thing that didn't come to my mind was why do they not look asian. What I was thinking was damn this shyt is fun to watch.

shonuff

All Star
Daps
Of course they dont have to make their characters look more japanese but that still doesnt change the fact that the characters do not look japanese which is all that we are saying.
to YOU they dont

to japanese people they do
so ..... the real issue is

why do you care what something looks like to some other group of people??