why are anime characters drawn white??

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
so what race are the cerulean eyed waifus with pink hair?

EDIT: you guys may also be looking at the characters from a white perspective (yeah, crazy, cuz you're black but look below)
the artist drew this
mbotr_005_095.jpg

and you guys think of a white guy with a mohawk but the character the asian artist had in mind was this
BOYS-ON-THE-RUN-poster-480x320.jpg

I look at manga and anime characters with an asian filter in mind, and I see what the characters are based on (like idols and actors)

Last edited:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Traditional Asian art always depicted the Asians are they truly were, with the 'eyes' and everything. Anime on the other hand is Europeans with Asian names etc. Then they claim its a cartoony art style like people are stupid. From what Ive seen growing up, it was as if some were trying to achieve a hybrid racial mix of Asian and Euro. They have a white obsession.

Zabi

LWO 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
LBC
so what race are the cerulean eyed waifus with pink hair?

EDIT: you guys may also be looking at the characters from a white perspective (yeah, crazy, cuz you're black but look below)
the artist drew this
mbotr_005_095.jpg

and you guys think of a white guy with a mohawk but the character the asian artist had in mind was this
BOYS-ON-THE-RUN-poster-480x320.jpg

I look at manga and anime characters with an asian filter in mind, and I see what the characters are based on (like idols and actors)

That looks like a Asian.

Kublai Khan

Banned
Daps
Lmao try having all anime with black and hair and black or brown eyes. It's just used to set them apart.

Now about the white Jesus with blonde hair and blue eyes?? Blacks answer this??

I'd rather have cartoons drawn with white features. Which is just a cartoon :ehh: (maybe they think whites are goofy.) then my damn God being my slavemaster

Kublai Khan

Banned
Daps
You need check post history fukk boy, I'm a real militant, but facts i facts, I'm studied anime in school

you c00n ass nikkaz always think white got the world bowing to them

I must e white when I'm telling you that this is not form of white supremacy

and you are trying to convince it is lol

that's some logic, you must be a cac

Lol I never seen people argue so much about white supremacy.

I feel an inferiority complex trying to be transplanted. Sorry but whites don't rule Asia. And definetly not Japan

If not we have more products and goods going into the West than the other way around.

We have our own cars, phones, clothes, customs and media. White supremacy. Where?

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Traditional Asian art always depicted the Asians are they truly were, with the 'eyes' and everything. Anime on the other hand is Europeans with Asian names etc. Then they claim its a cartoony art style like people are stupid. From what Ive seen growing up, it was as if some were trying to achieve a hybrid racial mix of Asian and Euro. They have a white obsession.
Truth, I have already posted in this thread showing old japanese media which showed their eyes a certain way and now we have anime which the eyes are less japanese and more outsider based.

It was even posted that anime design came from Disney aka white media lol.

You would think that they would copy everything but the eyes to show their pride in their individuality.

That aside even saying they look white got these wapanese idiots going mad like we cant look at something and see if it looks like a white person.

We arent blind. :rudy:

Last edited:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
http://thesocietypages.org/socimage...why-do-the-japanese-draw-themselves-as-white/

"
I think the best assessment that the anime characters are white are from Japanese people themselves. There was a youtube video that discussed this that included Japanese reactions to the assertions. They were pretty amused that we Americans think that anime characters were white. In fact one of them said they felt sorry for us that we would think that way while others adamantly said that anime characters were NOT white because they didn't look white. To Japanese people anime characters look Japanese. There's even another racist video where a Japanese person said whites shouldn't cosplay because they do not look like the characters. Of course I don't agree with that view but I think it's more evidence that they don't see the characters as white but as human, which equals "Japanese" in their society. (On a side note, Chinese people often have exaggerated features in anime.)

I used to believe the "anime characters are white" but I don't anymore. What's more disturbing is the "default human" theory, because it affects everyone in America, even minorities. I finally understand why I always used to draw white people or color in characters as white when I am not. Even to this day as a 28 year old woman, if you tell me to think of a "human" that "human" will be White in my mind. Even animals in cartoons are "white" to me. I am Black. So no the default human is not what you are it's what your society tells you a human is.

I think we should stop imposing our view of what Japanese people think and start listening to what they actually think"

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Lol I never seen people argue so much about white supremacy.

I feel an inferiority complex trying to be transplanted. Sorry but whites don't rule Asia. And definetly not Japan

If not we have more products and goods going into the West than the other way around.

We have our own cars, phones, clothes, customs and media. White supremacy. Where?

You have to excuse us US negroes. Thats what we have been exposed to out entire life so we tend to think that it happens every where as well

:snoop:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Truth, I have already posted in this thread showing old japanese media which showed their eyes a certain way and now we have anime which the eyes are less japanese and more outsider based.

It was even posted that anime design came from Disney aka white media lol.

You would think that they would copy everything but the eyes to show their pride in their individuality.

That aside even saying they look white got these wapanese idiots going mad like we cant look at something and see if it looks like a white person.

We arent blind. :rudy:

Disney was racist as fukk, extremely..theres accounts by his former staff who knew him. The Japs deny this shyt the same way Black women deny what we already know they use weave for..

Blackout

Daps
Disney was racist as fukk, extremely..theres accounts by his former staff who knew him. The Japs deny this shyt the same way Black women deny what we already know they use weave for..
Preach brotha

Their followers are just as bad having the Japanese fool them with their excuses. :dead:

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
Their followers are just as bad having the Japanese fool them with their excuses. :dead:
Manga and anime is based off off a simplified style. Not to mention, cartoons (which is nothing like ukiyoe) always had big eyes, as a stylistic standard. Ive never met a white person who looks like an anime character in my life. Anime as a style is completely removed from any racial facial structure. What race has giant eyes, button noses, and hair that grows in clumps of spikes?

Will you guys not be satisfied til anime characters are flat faced, slant eyed st0rmfr0nt tier caricatures? That's pretty racist.

Blackout

Daps
Manga and anime is based off off a simplified style. Not to mention, cartoons (which is nothing like ukiyoe) always had big eyes, as a stylistic standard. Ive never met a white person who looks like an anime character in my life. Anime as a style is completely removed from any racial facial structure. What race has giant eyes, button noses, and hair that grows in clumps of spikes?

Will you guys not be satisfied til anime characters are flat faced, slant eyed st0rmfr0nt tier caricatures? That's pretty racist.
Id be satisfied when anime characters eyes look more close to their older art:
BrushWriting_teaser.jpg

Until then the eyes will look non japanese.

Im sure a hybrid is possible.

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
Id be satisfied when anime characters eyes look more close to their older art:
BrushWriting_teaser.jpg

Until then the eyes will look non japanese.

Im sure a hybrid is possible.
Like I said, ukiyoe was an artform. Similar to how modern artists use stylized realism for paintings, posters and advertisements. Ukiyoe was to anime what a steakhouse is to mcdonalds. They are totally different. Expecting artists to draw cartoons in the style of an old sophisticated art form is asking too much. It's like expecting italian cartoons to be drawn like Michelangelo's paintings.
Plus, ukiyoe paintings weren't accurate either. Asian eyes may have a certain shape, but ukiyoe painting scaled them down much smaller.

Blackout

Daps
Like I said, ukiyoe was an artform. Similar to how modern artists use stylized realism for paintings, posters and advertisements. Ukiyoe was to anime what a steakhouse is to mcdonalds. They are totally different. Expecting artists to draw cartoons in the style of an old sophisticated art form is asking too much. It's like expecting italian cartoons to be drawn like Michelangelo's paintings.
Plus, ukiyoe paintings weren't accurate either. Asian eyes may have a certain shape, but ukiyoe painting scaled them down much smaller.
Well this art form called anime they have their eyes not looking like the native japanese ones.

If it doesnt look japanese then it is what it is. No need to get offended because people call out what can be easily seen.

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
Well this art form called anime they have their eyes not looking like the native japanese ones.

If it doesnt look japanese then it is what it is. No need to get offended because people call out what can be easily seen.
But it seems like, to you, all it takes to look like you're from Japan (not Korea or China or Cambodia) is tiny squinty eyes. And artists aren't going to draw tiny squinty eyes on every single character they draw.
I'm not mad, I don't understand trying to police the images from a race that you aren't a part of. Not everything is about white people.