Why are American Whites more comfortable with Africans then African Americans?

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Should you choose to look for it the evidence is abundant.

http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/2999156?uid=3738032&uid=2&uid=4&sid=21102551297623

http://www.census.gov/population/cen2000/stp-159/STP-159-nigeria.pdf
http://www.census.gov/population/cen2000/stp-159/STP-159-egypt.pdf

http://www.asian-nation.org/immigrant-stats.shtml

http://today.uci.edu/iframe.php?p=/news/release_detail_iframe.asp?key=1374
They're also healthier

Now this all comes down to a large number of factors and this is not to say that African immigrants are better than African Americans but the evidence above cannot be dismissed on account of one man in a video.

I have to assume that you don't spend your days going out of your way to offend people and are, unless provoked, a well mannered individual because that's the vast majority of people. And I shouldn't have to add that being well mannered doesn't automatically make you deferential and subservient and that being educated on the other hand tends to empower and instil people with a sense of personal pride.
these nikkas dont get it :laff:

i had ghanian roomates that ironically got along with EVERYONE, not only that but they were consistently invited out to NICE places doing fun things. Their peers regularly referred them for not only positions but also promotions

My boy kofi breezed through his defense off the strength of how intelligent he is. Another guy who is deep in NSBE and within about 4 years made management and is now racking mid 6 figs in huntsville

these supposed "militant" black folks are doing everything in their power to keep american blacks down, and dont even realize they are doing it.

See the average white person isnt necessarily looking at your skin at first glance, they are looking at how you talk...what you wear...and then they make a true judgement. Now mind you there are plenty of folks that say "eww ******" etc but not all of them are like that just like we dont always do that to folks. Its the gross generalizations and moreso the implied black and white philosophy that so many black folks have adopted that not only are they keeping themselves down but theyll attempt to put anyone else down who they think might be better than them(crabs in the barrel)

ive seen this within my own family and others. Thats why i scoff at the idea of "black communities and business" the real world doesnt work like that. These chinese and arabs ARENT all in it together. They just pool their FAMILIES money together. And thats the difference imo. Is they care about their seeds and black americans DO NOT. That has to change for the culture to change, and moreso to change how we're viewed globally. Noone will ever take us seriously until we get real with ourselves.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
my girlfriend (she's white) just had an encounter w/ a African cab driver...

She asked dude how his day was...buddy must have had a lot on his mind, because he started ranting.
Dude basically broke down his experience in this country:

- He said 90% of black people in this country aint shyt.
What he noticed was a lot of black men are failures that blame others for it. They have too many babies and dont take care of them, uneducated etc... He drives his cab at night and said he has seen some crazy ass shyt in black neighborhoods.

- Said white people are entitled like a mutha. They hop in the cab and want him to break laws because they are late for work. They also talk down to him because he's a cab driver.

Dude said him and his friends live in a small apartment. They work at night and go to med school during the day. People treat them like they arent shyt, but they are working harder than most of the lazy Americans they encounter.

She said my dude seemed tired as fukk from being here. Like he was just sick of the people in the country.

I cant blame him...I feel the same way
:russ:

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This thread the past few pages has been :skip::snoop::obama::huhldup::ohlawd::pachaha:

And I agree with MMSex about classism being a bigger issue than racism. There are still a lot of racists out there, but the bigger issue is how the rich is rigging the system to their advantage.

You gotta go for yours brehs. The government ain't shyt and is just another arm to do the rich's bidding. They just give you enough to keep the status quo. That big government reform to level the playing field will never come. The system is just gonna get more skewed.

That being said, you can still succeed if you truly work your ass off. There are still so many opportunities for people in this country regardless of race. The immigrants are setting a good example of what one can do if you truly want to succeed.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
As a person whose parents are Nigeria, I can tell you that many Africans are oblivious to the shyt that goes on here oven how they're treated.

They should ask themselves that when Nigerians are the most educated people in the U.S. yet they rarely get upper management positions.

NYC Rebel

Daps
This thread the past few pages has been :skip::snoop::obama::huhldup::ohlawd::pachaha:

And I agree with MMSex about classism being a bigger issue than racism. There are still a lot of racists out there, but the bigger issue is how the rich is rigging the system to their advantage.

You gotta go for yours brehs. The immigrants are setting a good example of what one can do if you truly want to succeed.
It's unrealistic.

Most African immigrants that come here don't represent the garden variety African they left behind in their native countries. I have a couple African American friends that live in Asia and West Africa. They too don't represent the average AFrican American. They're the best of the best this country has to offer....same with the Africans that come here representing the best of the best their countries have to offer.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
It's unrealistic.

Most African immigrants that come here don't represent the garden variety African they left behind in their native countries. I have a couple African American friends that live in Asia and West Africa. They too don't represent the average AFrican American. They're the best of the best this country has to offer....same with the Africans that come here representing the best of the best their countries have to offer.
Best? Nope. But they are far from the losers who don't have goals or dreams either.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Best? Nope. But they are far from the losers who don't have goals or dreams either.
Most of the cats I know that's come here left being in a far better position education wise than the average African they left behind.

Most folks from ANYWHERE don't travel thousands miles to make something out of themselves and are lazy. It works the same way for those that leave here to move elsewhere.

And on the real, I have some extremely shiftless and lazy ass relatives back in Nigeria. They're still there for a reason.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Most of the cats I know that's come here left being in a far better position education wise than the average African they left behind.

Most folks from ANYWHERE don't travel thousands miles to make something out of themselves and are lazy. It works the same way for those that leave here to move elsewhere.

And on the real, I have some extremely shiftless and lazy ass relatives back in Nigeria. They're still there for a reason.
I do too. They came here with that lazy bullshyt and we sent their asses back home.

NYC Rebel

Daps
I do too. They came here with that lazy bullshyt and we sent their asses back home.

For real. After my pops passed, I had a meeting with all of his brothers, and my uncle who did his thing here and built a huge hotel back home was accused by my shiftless ass younger uncle for not supporting him. My uncle TORE INTO HIS ASS calling him a lazy piece of shyt trying to live off of the hard work he put together. I was sitting there like :lupe:

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As a person whose parents are Nigeria, I can tell you that many Africans are oblivious to the shyt that goes on here oven how they're treated.

They should ask themselves that when Nigerians are the most educated people in the U.S. yet they rarely get upper management positions.

I see where you're coming from and as an offspring of immigrants myself, I too have seen this. But I don't measure success by what position you're in in the company you work for. Someone could spend their entire life as an HR admin and provide for their family and be happy and consider their lives successful. While others could be VPs but consider themselves failure because they want to be CEOs. It's all relative. But the main point of my post is that opportunities are there within the system to better yourselves.

NYC Rebel

Daps
I see where you're coming from and as an offspring of immigrants myself, I too have seen this. But I don't measure success by what position you're in in the company you work for. Someone could spend their entire life as an HR admin and provide for their family and be happy and consider their lives successful. While others could be VPs but consider themselves failure because they want to be CEOs. It's all relative. But the main point of my post is that opportunities are there within the system in the US to better yourselves.
And many people native to here are taking it as well. I just find it too easy for some to come here and point at the lowest common denominator to reflect the average black person that's from here. One could go to their country and do the same thing.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
For real. After my pops passed, I had a meeting with all of his brothers, and my uncle who did his thing here and built a huge hotel back home was accused by my shiftless ass younger uncle for not supporting him. My uncle TORE INTO HIS ASS calling him a lazy piece of shyt trying to live off of the hard work he put together. I was sitting there like :lupe:
Most of us work hard. My dad sacrified so much man. I really can't fail them.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And many people native to here are taking it as well. I just find it too easy for some to come here and point at the lowest common denominator to reflect the average black person that's from here. One could go to their country and do the same thing.

No other country offer the same opportunities as this country. And I agree that there are a lot of AA that are taking the opportunity and becoming successful. I live in MD, and there are many successful AA living in the DMV area.

NYC Rebel

Daps
No other country offer the same opportunities as this country. And I agree that there are a lot of AA that are taking the opportunity and becoming successful. I live in MD, and there are many successful AA living in the DMV area.
I definitely won't compare the two.

But I don't think Africans have taken into account how this country have ensured that the social capital blacks amassed for themselves was destroyed and taken apart. African Americans also bear responsibility for allowing intregration to dismantle their social capital in the name of progress.

Foreigners often come here equipped with more social capital than blacks native to here.