WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Nah that might be the single most egregious trade in Laker history.

I seen Zubac straight up dominate Draymond and those KD Warriors. And Magic not only turns around and trades him for a journeyman bum but trades him to the fukking CLIPPERS of all teams.

Him and Pelinka shoulda been fired twice for that dumb shyt.
Magic traded him when he was there not Pelinka
shyt that probably contributed to their rift

Magic probably owed one to the logo :dead:

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Nah that might be the single most egregious trade in Laker history.

I seen Zubac straight up dominate Draymond and those KD Warriors. And Magic not only turns around and trades him for a journeyman bum but trades him to the fukking CLIPPERS of all teams.

Him and Pelinka shoulda been fired twice for that dumb shyt.

That shyt kinda dampened my fandom honestly. Zu was a fan favorite, you saw him developing in real time and you trade him for a Mike Muscala?:hhh:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Magic was president and took responsibility for that trade

Like I said this more than likely contributed to the rift between him and Pelinka which lead to him getting the fukk outta here
Pelinka was still the General Manager. They were working together. We gonna blame Magic for Caruso, KCP etc too? They were both trash at their jobs

This is what Magic said about the situation with Rob

According to Johnson, Pelinka began smearing his name behind the scenes for not being at Lakers facilities enough:

"Things got going in the right direction, and then I start hearing, you know, 'Magic, you're not working hard enough. Magic's not in the office.' So people around the Laker office was telling me Rob was saying things—Rob Pelinka—and I didn't like those things being said behind my back, that I wasn't in office enough and so on and on. So I start getting calls from my friends outside of basketball saying those things now were said to them outside of basketball. Now not just in the Laker office anymore, now it's in the media and so on. ... And people gotta remember something, being in this business for over 40 years, I got allies, I got friends everywhere."

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Pelinka was still the General Manager. They were working together. We gonna blame Magic for Caruso, KCP etc too? They were both trash at their jobs

According to Johnson, Pelinka began smearing his name behind the scenes for not being at Lakers facilities enough:

"Things got going in the right direction, and then I start hearing, you know, 'Magic, you're not working hard enough. Magic's not in the office.' So people around the Laker office was telling me Rob was saying things—Rob Pelinka—and I didn't like those things being said behind my back, that I wasn't in office enough and so on and on. So I start getting calls from my friends outside of basketball saying those things now were said to them outside of basketball. Now not just in the Laker office anymore, now it's in the media and so on. ... And people gotta remember something, being in this business for over 40 years, I got allies, I got friends everywhere."
And Magic still pushed for that trade and took ownership for it
:unimpressed:
I dont care bout any of that he took ownership for it wtf you want more lmao

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby

Magic and Pelinka the real trash brothers

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Magic and Pelinka the real trash brothers
I know people point to the Westbrook trade as what tanked this entire era, but if you look at all the moves the Lakers FO had made up to that point it’s insane that they were even able to win a chip

They have been HORRIBLE in the margins for years now. Their saving grace was they have a good scouting department, but it’s canceled out cause everyone just leaves for nothing anyway lol so you don’t get anything of value back.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
To get back to the upcoming game… I’m really surprised to see how good Murray is as a passer. He’s increased his assists while keeping his TOs down.

I dont watch Denver like that, so I assumed that you turn Jokic into a scorer and limit some of the easy shots from others….. that doesn’t really work if Murray is able to get 10+ assists and no turnovers