WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
This is ironic considering y’all complain about Pelinka and our roster yet we were universally praised as having the best offseason in 2023. Everything you post is just surface level nonsense. You post transactions and other peoples thoughts because you have none of your own. I was on Lakersground and the Coli, we all hated that Nash deal. He was nearly 40 and it was evident he was going to break down. That’s not hindsight but you wouldn’t know that. I was the biggest Bynum fan on this site so how the fukk can you tell me that I would think the Dwight deal was a good move. I thought Bynum was the next great big man, he wasn’t for injury reasons but I never wanted that bum Dwight either.

You know for every dumb shyt you say, I always have a counter. I NEVER wanted Ariza to go. We whoop the Celtics ass in 2010 with Ariza. Why don’t you talk about Kupchak surrounding Kobes prime years with G league junk from 2004-2007. I don’t care what goofy ass writer says, it was a dumb move then. Bu bu but they gave Kupchak an A. What kinda weirdo logic is that?
He clearly wasn't following the Lakers and just running with narratives.

Yall see how I hate Pelinka now? That's exactly how I felt about Kupchak back then. They were both trash gms.

The Lakers were favored to win titles because they had Kobe fukking Bryant.

Why you don't post how Lebron was favored to win it all or at least come out of the east during those years in Cleveland. Since you are here mentioning who were the preseason favorites. Going by the logic that you are using those teams had to have an elite front office right?
@professor eme

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Stop moving the goalposts . Lebron did not match or exceed Jamal Murray's production which is unacceptable. how on earth can Lebron James be outperfromed by a second option? That should never happen. And to add insult to injury Lebron shot historically bad from three
Who has ever matched Murray’s production from that series? I wanna know the short list of players

32/6/5 on 52/41/95 splits.. I know there’s a certain segment of this thread that aren’t intelligent enough to understand this (you being one) but please show me the equivalent production

Maybe Steph had a series that’s close… that’s about it

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
This is ironic considering y’all complain about Pelinka and our roster yet we were universally praised as having the best offseason in 2023. Everything you post is just surface level nonsense.

Liar

That has the Lakers with the 8th-best offseason in 2023, and even that is qualified with "Rob Pelinka continues a strong rebound after a couple of disastrous summers", and the main praise was just for adding Gabe (who has been hurt all year) and keeping Rui/Reeves/D-Lo for cheap without losing future financial flexibility, not for making the team a better title competitor this year.

You post transactions and other peoples thoughts because you have none of your own.

:mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:

You literally change this talking point from day to day. One day you'll claim I have uniquely stupid opinions, the next day you'll claim I have no opinions of my own.

Everyone here knows that I have plenty of my own opinions, but when we're evaluating someone's rep I'm going to include other opinions as backup because those people AREN'T JUST ANONYMOUS POSTERS ON THE INTERNET.

As opposed to you, who daily says shyt so stupid that no one other than an anonymous poster on the internet could ever be found to cosign it.

You know for every dumb shyt you say, I always have a counter.

Because logic, evidence, receipts, intelligence, none of that matters in your arguments. You can "counter" literally anything because all that matters in CantStop-land is whatever narrative CantStop believes. LeBron could go out and win a fukking championship for the Lakers and it wouldn't change any of your opinions in the slightest, because objective reality is independent from your conclusions.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
So 33% is a good shooting game? If a player averages 33% from the season, it would be considered a good year or average year? League average for his position is 37% buddy. Do you even know what you’re typing? You just argued that if he made one more, he’d have a better %. I’m crying lmao. Like he missed 6 shots out of 9 and you’re telling me that’s not a shytty shooting game.

What the hell is 37% shooting on 9 threes? It's 3.3 makes. How the hell was LeBron supposed to make 3.3 out of 9 shots? 3 for 9 is the EXPECTED average result.

You are too fukking stupid to argue basketball.

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
Instead, you blame the guy who averaged 28-10-10 for 52% shooting in the series and played pretty good defense on a bad foot, SOLELY because he missed a few threes the first two games and a player he doesn't even guard went off. You're clueless.

Typical Lebron stan fashion running to empty FG% stats without looking deeper, no diddy. If you exclude the paint which overly inflates his abysmal shooting we see:

Lebron shot 37.5 from midrange n the series

Lebron also shot 17.4% on Non-corner threes... 4 for 23 :picard: [Source]

This is the stupidest line. LeBron has nothing to do with Murray's production. You think that LeBron goes out saying:

"Well, averaging 28-10-10 is pretty good, seemed like that was the best I can do, but this other player is averaging 32-6-5 so I think I'll magically create 5 more ppg out of nowhere. At first I thought passing when double-teamed was the right move and 10 assists/game was pretty good, but if Jamal Murray is averaging a lot of points then shooting more must be the smart move."

What if Jamal Murray had averaged 10ppg less, and KCP/Gordon each averaged 10ppg more. Then LeBron would have exceeded Jamal Murray's production and you'd have nothing to complain about, yet they'd still have lost and the player Bron was ACTUALLY GUARDING would have scored more. That's how stupid your logic is, it somehow suggests that Bron would be better off letting his own defensive responsibility score.

What you fail to accept is that Lebron got outplayed by a team's second option. I know it's hard for you to accept but our supposed best player got thoroughly outmatched by a second option which gave us zero chance of winning this series. I have argued this point ad nauseum with you dudes for almost a year now. No team has a chance if the the best player is getting outproduced to the level got outproduced by Murray

Jamal had a 130 total points in the sweep Lebron had 111 points. 19 point difference :snoop:

In 2020 when we beat the Nuggets Lebron had 135 total points [source]

Jamal Murray had 125 total points in 2020 [source]

Is this a coincidence too ? :sas1:

Who has ever matched Murray’s production from that series? I wanna know the short list of players

32/6/5 on 52/41/95 splits.. I know there’s a certain segment of this thread that aren’t intelligent enough to understand this (you being one) but please show me the equivalent production

Maybe Steph had a series that’s close… that’s about it

See above

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The Lakers were favored to win titles because they had Kobe fukking Bryant.

Then why were they only favored 6 out of 20 seasons? Half of those before Kobe was even a #1 option?

Are you going to blame the GM every time you don't think the roster is good enough, but then give Kobe credit every time the GM makes the roster good enough? All those seasons where the roster was expected to be good enough and yet the Lakers underperformed expectations, who are you blaming then?

Why you don't post how Lebron was favored to win it all or at least come out of the east during those years in Cleveland. Since you are here mentioning who were the preseason favorites. Going by the logic that you are using those teams had to have an elite front office right?

I have no idea what relevance LeBron has to this discussion, but outside of Miami, LeBron's teams have only been the preseason favorites twice: 2016, when they won the title, and 2015 where injuries are all that kept them from the title. They were favorites all four years in Miami and the Miami front office WAS praised as an elite front office at the time.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What the hell is 37% shooting on 9 threes? It's 3.3 makes. How the hell was LeBron supposed to make 3.3 out of 9 shots? 3 for 9 is the EXPECTED average result.

You are too fukking stupid to argue basketball.
The fact that you have to manipulate basic basketball data is hilarious.

Yes or no, if someone shoots 9 shots and miss 6, is that a good shooting performance or poor? It’s simple. You can’t even answer a straight up question.

“Well technically if he made one more…” notice I don’t have to say well if he missed 1 more, it would be 3 for 10. I don’t need to cause 3 for 9 is already bad enough. You’re the only one here arguing that it’s a decent night. Even his other Stanleys have more shame.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps

Max in the only game he got over 20 min in the last 11 games, had 12/7/3/2/1 on 50%/50% splits.

Max has played 30 non garbage time min in Lakers last 8 games.

Lakers are +29 in Max’s minutes over his last 12 games.

:unimpressed:

Darvin Ham
220px-Wakisashi-sepukku-p1000699.jpg

切腹してください

Last edited:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Then why were they only favored 6 out of 20 seasons? Half of those before Kobe was even a #1 option?

Are you going to blame the GM every time you don't think the roster is good enough, but then give Kobe credit every time the GM makes the roster good enough? All those seasons where the roster was expected to be good enough and yet the Lakers underperformed expectations, who are you blaming then?

I have no idea what relevance LeBron has to this discussion, but outside of Miami, LeBron's teams have only been the preseason favorites twice: 2016, when they won the title, and 2015 where injuries are all that kept them from the title. They were favorites all four years in Miami and the Miami front office WAS praised as an elite front office at the time.

Mitch had nothing to do with either Shaq or Kobe being Lakers. Jerry West built that team. Mitch sat back and watched the pieces around them get old and washed and did absolutly nothing to replace them. All Mitch did during that era was sign old and washed players. Remember the 2021 off season where Pelinka signed every player in the league that was over 35? That was Mitch's offseason every year.

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
Typical post.. show me the equivalent stats that Murray put up, from another player. This should be easy since he’s simply a #2

Find me another player who averaged 30+ while shooting 50/40/90
You didn't even offer a counter argument to the total points scored difference between the two players in 2020 vs 2023 WCF. Goal post moving and personal attacks :heh:

You lost this argument :umad:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You didn't even offer a counter argument to the total points scored difference between the two players in 2020 vs 2023 WCF. Goal post moving and personal attacks :heh:

The counterargument is there were only 4 games played in 2023 versus 5 games in 2020. LeBron averaged MORE ppg in 2023 than in 2020, you imbecile. :dahell:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The fact that you have to manipulate basic basketball data is hilarious.

Yes or no, if someone shoots 9 shots and miss 6, is that a good shooting performance or poor? It’s simple. You can’t even answer a straight up question.

You're a fukking liar, I said straight up that it's an average shooting performance. 3-9 is just fine.

You, instead, tried to claim that he should have shot 37%, which is 3.3 for 9, and didn't even realize how stupid that suggestion was.

You want to know something?

Kobe shot 33% or worse from 3pt in 131 out of 211 playoff games where he took at least one three. In other words, by your own criteria, Kobe had a "shytty shooting performance" over 62% of the time.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps

my lord you really are stupid lmao

@Professor Emeritus already explained that to you since counting is hard for you. The difference between 4 games and 5 games is apparently something that never entered your mind

How’s your search going on players who have averaged 30+ and shooting 50/40/90 in a Conference Finals going. Any luck?

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're a fukking liar, I said straight up that it's an average shooting performance. 3-9 is just fine.

You, instead, tried to claim that he should have shot 37%, which is 3.3 for 9, and didn't even realize how stupid that suggestion was.

You want to know something?

Kobe shot 33% or worse from 3pt in 131 out of 211 playoff games where he took at least one three. In other words, by your own criteria, Kobe had a "shytty shooting performance" over 62% of the time.

That’s irrelevant considering the 3 pt wasn’t even a lethal shot up until Steph’s era. A player would shoot maybe 5 3s a game and that was high volume at the time. Comparing two different eras. But like I said you yet never have a thought of your own, you just post statistics and articles from way back when and say SEE!!! Guards were not even expected to be 3 pt shooters at that time, it was just an added bonus. But you knew that and you're just being mr.disingenuous man again. I can't even take you seriously after you credited Ron Artest as a great pickup to boost Kupchak. I still haven't stopped laughing. *posts article from 2009 about some stupid grade because you have no basketball insight to offer*.