WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Are you under the assumption that Ham doesn't deserve blame for some of these losses?

I get it that he has a tough job with balancing the rotation/timeouts... but that's the job. we criticize players for missing shots/rotations/defensive issues, etc. The same accountability should be the same for coaching. And with Darvin it's not like he's messing up the small things... he fukn up the BIG chit when it comes to rotations, lineup issues, defensive scheme, timeout management.
Sure he does but there are problems beyond him and only he consistently receives majority of the blame. I think nights like tonight people are just looking for a scape goat.

And if people truly think Ham is the only reason then you better start looking at the guy who hired him and has already fired 2 other coaches, eventually you can't keep switching coaches every 2 seasons. When Ham gets fired this off season, Pelinka should join him.

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
this is what bruce brown said on a podcast

they 100% don't take this team serious. they shouldn't. how can anyone actually think we have a chance against them when we can't beat them and they don't see us as a threat. u watch them play against other western conference teams and they actually play a lot harder from start to finish.
I agree with this, other teams have more threats to throw at them. We are relying on a 39 year old aging player and AD who does not do well against Jokic to step up. Mix that with shytty defense, inconsistent role players, terrible rotations and Nuggets not breaking a sweat.

this is facts.

as much blame ham gets, a lot of blame should go to AD. his regression offensively and him not taking that franchise player leap is a big reason why we're in this position.

AD was supposed to be in the Giannis talks for best big and at one point was supposed to be in talks for best player. all he is a PNR merchant and lob threat.
I don't know what happened but at this point I'm thinking AD will be a #2 for the rest of his career. He has been pretty good this season if you look at it like that. I would never build a team around him though.

Embiid, Giannis, Jokic, are all levels above him.

When the last time we actually saw a dominant stretch from AD against great teams, and I mean dominant by eye test not posting up empty stats?

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree with this, other teams have more threats to throw at them. We are relying on a 39 year old aging player and AD who does not do well against Jokic to step up. Mix that with shytty defense, inconsistent role players, terrible rotations and Nuggets not breaking a sweat.

I don't know what happened but at this point I'm thinking AD will be a #2 for the rest of his career. He has been pretty good this season if you look at it like that. I would never build a team around him though.

Embiid, Giannis, Jokic, are all levels above him.

When the last time we actually saw a dominant stretch from AD against great teams, and I mean dominant by eye test not posting up empty stats?
The last time I remember him being dominant was I think 2 years ago or last year when he had that stretch that included that monster game against the wizards when he had like 60. He was creating shots, hitting 3s. Now all he does is grab rebounds for put backs or score from PNR and lobs. He’s an elite Gobert atp

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Sure he does but there are problems beyond him and only he consistently receives majority of the blame. I think nights like tonight people are just looking for a scape goat.

And if people truly think Ham is the only reason then you better start looking at the guy who hired him and has already fired 2 other coaches, eventually you can't keep switching coaches every 2 seasons. When Ham gets fired this off season, Pelinka should join him.
It's fair to fire Pelinka for Ham and how Vogel was scapegoated. Ham is truly abysmal though.

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
And we still believe the lakers have a shot and a deep playoff run? I’m really not understanding this. Last year was different as they made trades and were a completely different team in February to the end of the year. This entire team has been average at best since October.

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
And we still believe the lakers have a shot and a deep playoff run? I’m really not understanding this. Last year was different as they made trades and were a completely different team in February to the end of the year. This entire team has been average at best since October.
This team is almost in the same position as they were last year, relying on Matchups and inexperience to get far. The west is better though so we’re pretty much stuck in 8th and relying on the young inexperienced teams to get the top seed instead of Denver :francis: I am not worried about a single game elimination with any of the playin teams

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps

But Ham isn’t the problem amirite :dead:

Darvin Ham tonight:

• ⁠Hopes Jokic will miss
• ⁠Sits LeBron the final 2 mins of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters so LeBron could be fresh (especially in the 2nd for halftime) as Denver cuts the lead and closes each quarter with momentum
• ⁠Benches Dlo when Lakers had a 3 point lead and sits him the whole 4th quarter until Lakers lost the lead and were now down 9 in the final min
• ⁠Rushing to play Cam so much minutes because of a fond memory he has of Cam playing well against his old Bucks team 3 years ago
• ⁠Saves his timeouts for tomorrow

Oh yeah benching Rui as well again for his fukking sex pets or whatever the fukk

The Ham defenders here especially that nikka with the burning scalp YALL MAKE ME SICK! :pacspit:

Jeannie fire nikkas or sell the team is fukking crazy

Daps
Reppin
#LWO

But Ham isn’t the problem amirite :dead:

Darvin Ham tonight:

• ⁠Hopes Jokic will miss
• ⁠Sits LeBron the final 2 mins of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters so LeBron could be fresh (especially in the 2nd for halftime) as Denver cuts the lead and closes each quarter with momentum
• ⁠Benches Dlo when Lakers had a 3 point lead and sits him the whole 4th quarter until Lakers lost the lead and were now down 9 in the final min
• ⁠Rushing to play Cam so much minutes because of a fond memory he has of Cam playing well against his old Bucks team 3 years ago
• ⁠Saves his timeouts for tomorrow

Oh yeah benching Rui as well again for his fukking sex pets or whatever the fukk

The Ham defenders here especially that nikka with the burning scalp YALL MAKE ME SICK! :pacspit:

Jeannie fire nikkas or sell the team is fukking crazy

Ham is a retard . He doesn’t understand effective lineups. I saw a stat showing when you give Taurean Prince Less than 25 minutes we are undefeated . 12-0

lakers-12-0-when-taurean-prince-plays-less-than-25-minutes-v0-dsk61pqumtlc1.jpeg

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you under the assumption that Ham doesn't deserve blame for some of these losses?

I get it that he has a tough job with balancing the rotation/timeouts... but that's the job. we criticize players for missing shots/rotations/defensive issues, etc. The same accountability should be the same for coaching. And with Darvin it's not like he's messing up the small things... he fukn up the BIG chit when it comes to rotations, lineup issues, defensive scheme, timeout management.

He deserves blame. Everyone does

The problem is he consistently gets all of it while others are given a pass. There isn’t a game this season he hasn’t been scapegoated.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
He deserves blame. Everyone does

The problem is he consistently gets all of it while others are given a pass. There isn’t a game this season he hasn’t been scapegoated.
Maybe but that's the job. If you go to the Clippers sub on Reddit they get mad at Ty Lue, even Spo gets it.

Darvin is a bottom 5 coach in the league, I think we can all agree with that

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who exactly do you think gets a "pass"?
Dlo played poorly in the 2nd half & wasn’t as aggressive as he should have been. That’s a reason he had to sit more. But let’s blame it all on the coach.

The team as a whole did a very poor job rebounding. I can’t sit & blame Ham for all of that.