WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The fact that you’re referencing Cam, Vanderbilt and Hayes just proves my point. Guys that are journeyman at their ahe aren’t young talent.

Our young talent as of now is Reaves, Rui and potentially Max and JHS.

You're referencing guys who have shown even less than Cam, Vandy, and Hayes. You just believe that they have more potential because they're draft picks.

Here's a quiz for you. In the last 35 Laker drafts, how many of those drafted players have gone on to be starters on a Lakers title squad? Lakers have won 6 titles in that span, at least 20-25 players started 5 or more playoff games in those title runs, so there should be a lot of drafted Lakers in that mix, right?

Try and think about it. It's a veeery short list.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A 40 year old that is still top 10 and AD who is top 10. Again if it was a dude that had crazy upside I would agree with you but given how free agency played out I don't really like the pick. I like Maxwell Lewis and both 2 way guys though.
Neither guy can play over 56 games a season so them being top 10 is irrelevant if they’re not available. That’s another reason why mortgaging the future is not worth it. Both of them are physically cooked. There’s more than 10 guys I’d take over either of them if we take in account availability.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Neither guy can play over 56 games a season so them being top 10 is irrelevant if they’re not available. That’s another reason why mortgaging the future is not worth it. Both of them are physically cooked.
I disagree with this.. the issue with Lebron was they didn't have the depth and they needed him to play heavy minutes early into the season yet again in order to come back from that 2-10 start

He should be at 32-33 min a game at this point, but because the roster was so fukd he overworked himself. AD Is just a completely different story.. he gets unlucky with some of his stuff, but he's also played more than a Kawhi, or PG, or Kyrie, or Steph, or KD

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're referencing guys who have shown even less than Cam, Vandy, and Hayes. You just believe that they have more potential because they're draft picks.

Here's a quiz for you. In the last 35 Laker drafts, how many of those drafted players have gone on to be starters on a Lakers title squad? Lakers have won 6 titles in that span, at least 20-25 players started 5 or more playoff games in those title runs, so there should be a lot of drafted Lakers in that mix, right?

Try and think about it. It's a veeery short list.
We’ve won titles when we had top 3 player each time. Now who’s that on our team?

Of course draft picks that haven’t played games are more valuable the players who have and failed. It’s why draft picks are the best assets to have. It’s not exactly breaking news. Cam has failed on multiple teams. Hayes has potential but he’s not too bright between the ears. Vando with a jump shot is a 5th starter best case. It’s why I said Max and JHS are potential assets. You didn’t even take into account that those reclamation projects would sign a pay day somewhere else like Monk did even if they do break out.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Of course draft picks that haven’t played games are more valuable the players who have and failed. It’s why draft picks are the best assets to have. It’s not exactly breaking news. Cam has failed on multiple teams. Hayes has potential but he’s not too bright between the ears. Vando with a jump shot is a 5th starter best case. It’s why I said Max and JHS are potential assets. You didn’t even take into account that those reclamation projects would sign a pay day somewhere else like Monk did even if they do break out.

You didn't answer the question. How many Laker draft picks in the last 35 drafts have become starters on Laker title teams?

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
If Kobe Bufkin had fallen to the Lakers I would agree with you. I think he will be an all-star guard in the future. JHS seems like a high level role player to me I don't see an all star level ceiling from him. To me, if they Lakers knew that they were going after Gabe and Keeping Dlo they should have taken the chance on drafting Cam Whitmore or traded the pick to upgrade the Center position. I hope I'm wrong about JHS though and he contributes early on.
We traded late first rounder for DS and guess who the lakers wanted at that kick and could have bad… Desmond bane. So I’d rather keep young retainabke assets instead of old players

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You didn't answer the question. How many Laker draft picks in the last 35 drafts have become starters on Laker title teams?
That question correlates with my question and you’re being purposely dense. We have always won a title with the arguably the best player in the league. We don’t have anything close to that. One thing you’re missing is that by acquiring youth and potentially hitting on them, you are able to position yourself to sign the best player in the league in a few years whoever that is. They want to join a team with potential.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We traded late first rounder for DS and guess who the lakers wanted at that kick and could have bad… Desmond bane. So I’d rather keep young retainabke assets instead of old players
This.

We could have also had Jaden McDaniels if we didn’t take Bane. That’s the risk you take and it’s a bad one.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

Bane played 68 games at 22 minutes per game his rookie season. I doubt JHS get's that type of playing time on this team. I hope I'm wrong though.

And I don't see that type of upside but I hope I'm wrong on that front as well.

He has the tools to be good so we will see.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
That question correlates with my question and you’re being purposely dense. We have always won a title with the arguably the best player in the league. We don’t have anything close to that. One thing you’re missing is that by acquiring youth and potentially hitting on them, you are able to position yourself to sign the best player in the league in a few years whoever that is. They want to join a team with potential.

This is the dumbest fukking deflection to avoid answering the question. :laff:

Here's a list of guys who started 5+ games in Laker title runs in the last 35 years who were NOT drafted by the Lakers.

Shaq
Kobe
Lebron
Pau
AD
Odom
Artest
Rice
Fox
Horry
Ariza
KCP
Green
Harper
Grant
Walker
Howard
McGee

Now, you want to see the list of guys the Lakers drafted in the last 35 years who went on to become starters in title runs?

Fisher in '97
Bynum in '05

That's it. That's the whole fukking list of Laker draft picks between 1987 and 2023 who went on to become championship squad starters. And neither one was even a top-4 minutes guy for those Laker title teams. To find the next Laker draft pick to start on a title team, you have to go back near 40 years to drafting A.C. Green.

The draft is a fukking crap shoot. You're saying all this shyt about "potential", but turning potential into real fruit when drafting teenagers is really fukking hard.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is the dumbest fukking deflection to avoid answering the question. :laff:

Here's a list of guys who started 5+ games in Laker title runs in the last 35 years who were NOT drafted by the Lakers.

Shaq
Kobe
Lebron
Pau
AD
Odom
Artest
Rice
Fox
Horry
Ariza
KCP
Green
Harper
Grant
Walker
Howard
McGee

Now, you want to see the list of guys the Lakers drafted in the last 35 years who went on to become starters in title runs?

Fisher in '97
Bynum in '05

That's it. That's the whole fukking list of Laker draft picks between 1987 and 2023 who went on to become championship squad starters. And neither one was even a top-4 minutes guy for those Laker title teams. To find the next Laker draft pick to start on a title team, you have to go back near 40 years to drafting A.C. Green.
whats your point exactly? I’ve said already this team isn’t a title team hence why I encourage them to prioritize youth movement. By building them up, they can trade for the next superstar to win us a title and your list will remain true. I don’t mind that at all. But you’re the one thinking this team is somehow right there as a contender when this entire run was fools gold. Same shyt as Miami’s run which is why they chose not to double down and pay Vincent and Struss. I don’t mind them straddling the fence as long as they continue to add young players. For the record, the reason why this team isn’t a title contender is directly tied to Bron and AD. Rest of the pieces are really good. If both those guys are healthy and play better, we have a chance to win a title. I don’t believe they can do that though.